IMPRESSIONS

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo wore one of her oversized sweatshirts and slim jeans to work. They don’t really have any dress codes, except for when they are asked to join a pitch.

She came in early as Bobby drove her to work. No one is inside the Creatives yet, but she noticed that the desk beside her is finally occupied.

She stretched her legs and decided to get some coffee at the pantry. She was getting herself a cup when Chaeyoung from Accounts greeted her.

“Morning, Ji.”

She hummed her response to her.

“Bobby stayed at your place again?” She asked, making her almost spill the coffee.

“What?” She asked Chaeyoung.

“I saw you leaving his car. Imagine if it’s Jennie who saw you. I’m telling you, Ji, you should stop doing this to yourself. Imagine how Lisa would feel about this too.”

Jisoo has been friends with Chaeyoung since she started working here. They all went to the same university, along with Lisa and Bobby.

While she’s close to them, Jennie is actually closer to Lisa.

“I know, Chaeyoung. I actually want to kill myself right now.” She admits.

 

“Hello, ladies. Looks like a serious conversation.” Junhoe from Accounts joined them. Just a minute after, Jinhwan and Yunhyeong got in and started eating the sandwiches they got from the bistro outside.

Jisoo is now surrounded by the Accounts crowd and decided to take her coffee back to her desk.

Just then, a gorgeous view welcomed her. The guy taking the desk beside her is fixing his shirt, with his back against her. It seemed as if his shirt got stained with coffee.

She was supposed to go to her desk when the guy suddenly took off his shirt, not realizing that he was not alone. Jisoo saw the tattoos on his back and it made her grip her coffee mug tighter. He had a spare shirt from his bag and wore it. She decided to move again before he turned his back from her.

“Oh hey.” She briefly greeted him. She sat on her desk and plugged her earpods. She wanted to start her day ahead, as she needs to review the digital content calendar for their clients.

She did not realize that the new guy was staring at her as if she’s an apparition.

 

--------

 

Mino frowned at the sudden appearance of his desk neighbor.

She greeted him, but never even introduced herself. Mino sat on his desk and continued eating his breakfast. The door opened and Seungyoon got inside with a girl Mino knows is from Accounts. He met her at the Dungeon last night.

Jiyong was right. The guys at the Creatives are a fun bunch. Some of the guys from Accounts are very friendly too. He met most of them at the Dungeon last night except for Jennie, but it’s not that he’s interested.

He heard a scuffle beside him and saw his desk neighbor searching inside her drawer. Then he remembered Hanbin getting something from her desk yesterday. He saw the orange highlighter beside the guy’s keyboard and gave it to her.

A frown creased on her pretty face and whispered, “Been snooping around my things already?”

She then grabbed her laptop and stormed outside, meeting Anda by the door.

“Hello, Baby Ji! How’s-” But the girl in the yellow sweatshirt did not even look at her.

“What a .” He couldn’t help but mutter under his breath.

 

Anda greeted him brightly as the others started coming in. After a few curt greetings and a little recap of their drinking binge last night, he went back to his desk and started browsing the previous projects Dara wanted him to study.

“Baby Ji’s back?” He heard Seunghoon ask Hanbin.

The guy looked at her desk and pouted, “Looks like it.”

He then caught Mino looking at him. “Have you met her?”

He nodded and frowned. “Didn’t get her name though.”

“Jisoo. Or Baby Ji.” Deukie told him as he leaned on his own desk.

“Baby Ji?” He wanted to laugh his off, but none of them are looking as if it’s a funny name.

“Boss Ji called her that. She’s a work monster, like your brother.” Heeyun said as she tied her curly hair to a bun.

“Looks like it. She started working right away. Didn’t even look my way.” He tried to sound as casual as he can.

 

Just then the door opened to Dara, followed closely by Chanwoo.

“Late again, Chanwoo-yah!” Hanbin threw a crumpled paper at him.

“Just two minutes today, hah!” The kid stuck out his tongue. Just like that, Mino already forgot about his desk neighbor and went back to what he was doing.

“Who’s playlist are we listening today?” Dara asked. Anda raised a hand and Mino saw her open a playlist. Apparently, they all get schedules on who’s in charge with the music every day.

Yesterday was Hanbin’s, which included a wide range of genres from hip hop to ballads and even some Latin music.

From the first note of the song from Anda’s playlist, Mino scrunched his face upon hearing a sickeningly sweet voice laced in a pop song.

Dara caught his reaction right away and clapped her hand at once.

“Wait, why don’t we have Mino’s playlist for today? Nice welcome to the new guy, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter