DRUNK

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“, , !”

Jisoo scrambles as she grabbed her laptop, along with her backpack and luggage. It’s almost time to checkout of the hotel and to check in on her flight back home.

She saw her jacket on the floor and quickly picked it up with her pinky finger. With her hands full, there’s no way she can open the hotel door.

 

“What the . I should really stop drinking my off.”

 

She let go of her luggage, turned the knob and kicked the door open.

Waiting on the elevator, her phone started to vibrate. She ignored the call, knowing that the reception wouldn’t be too good inside the lift anyway.

After frantically leaving her room’s keycard at the front desk, she ran to get a cab to the airport. With the help of the security guard of the hotel, she settled herself at the back of a cab and shut her eyes after telling where she needs to go.

 

Jisoo spent the last five days in Singapore for a digital ad congress. Different ad agency representatives from countries around Asia are gathered and spent days of training and workshops. She’s the representative for the creatives from their agency, while another girl, Hayi, was for the accounts. They traveled with their boss, but had to leave on the third day for a family emergency. She didn’t buy it though, after hearing his comments on how boring and a waste of time that conference was just on their first day.

 

Jisoo almost fell asleep when her phone started to vibrate again.

“Goodness, Jisoo! Where are you?” Hayi screamed on the other line.

“I’m on my way, Hi. Love you.” She quipped before hanging up. She knows she’ll hear whatever she was about to say later anyway.

 

She ran to the boarding gate as soon as she dropped her luggage for check in. And there was Hayi, nibbling on her fingernails like a kid, but her eyes turned savage as soon as she spotted her.

She adjusted her eyeglass and walked slowly to her with an apologetic smile on her face.

“Jisoo, I told you-” She started, but she already gave her a hug.

“I’m sorry, little bug. You know I can’t turn down a good drink.”

 

The farewell dinner for the participants last night was supposed to be just dinner. But one of the guys from a Japanese ad agency has been making a move on her since day one, and his team invited them for a trip to a club.

Hayi refused, saying that they have an early flight. Jisoo did too at first, but only said it so that her friend wouldn’t bug her.

She slipped and joined the Japanese group and partied with them until Yoshi started to get closer. She would have joined him back in his room if not for the presentation deck she needed to finish. A presentation she left in the hands of a senior writer. He did fine, it’s just that she wanted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter