chapter 6

I've got cupcakes

               Sowon handed Eunha back her phone, crossing her arms in contemplation.  Walking around in a tight circle, she stopped in front of Eunha again.

“I’ll call you when I get a mission to go on, the ones for you to observe.”

“Alright.”

“Don’t respond to any of the texts you receive from the school, tell me when you get one, and, remember that this is a secret.”

“Why? Wouldn’t it be better to tell everyone to be careful?”

“Somethings, we have to bear the burden, we don’t need widespread panic and it’s still only the first day at the academy, we’ll break it to them later.”

               Eunha felt that this was slightly wrong, the students had all rights to know that they were being targeted, but Sowon had a point. If they all panicked and went back home, they would not receive the same protection the academy grounds provided. Following as Sowon left the headmaster’s office, they took a walk all the way around campus, a full circle to check on the barrier even though there was no evidence that they would try the same stunt in the same day.

“Unnie, Umji wanted to talk with you.”

“Umji?”

“Kim Yewon, your sister, she’s worried that you’ve changed.”

               Sowon sighed as she leaned backwards, her hands still in her long black coat’s pockets as deep as they could go. Swinging her feet as she wandered around while looking at the sky, she seemed slightly worried.

“Well, she’s….I guess she should be worried then.”

“You’ve changed?”

“Of course, people change as they grow, and I’ve done my fair share of growing at this academy.”

“Would you, tell me about the girl who had lie detector?”

“Why?”

“I feel as if we aren’t as close as we should be just yet. Do secrets not help that?”

               Sowon chuckled at that, her lanky body looming over Eunha as she looked down at her. Eunha held back a shiver, knowing the full potential that Sowon had. She shuffled her feet a little before Sowon sighed again, taking her hand out of her pocket to offer to Eunha. She took her hand gently.

“Sorry. I’m not-“

“I already know, so don’t apologize. I’ll start first, I actually have an addiction to hamburgers.”

“What?”

               Eunha blushed a little, her friends at her last school laughed at her for being addicted to such junk food, even more when she said that when she retired, she’d be the owner of a burger chain. Ducking her head to avoid eye contact, she flinched when a hand came up to cup her chin, forcing her to look up.

“And here I thought you were going to say that you had the cutest double chin.”

“Hey!”

“Haha! Joking, it is cute, but I think that it’s nice, having a dream for the future. Should I treat you to our school burger to see if it suits your taste?”

“We have a school burger?”

“Yea, follow me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So.”

The three girls looked up at Yerin who was the only one standing in the room. They had gotten back to their dorm room, and gathered around to continue their dorm meeting, only, Eunha hadn’t comeback yet.

“Um, since she has her own room, we can just get our shared room contracts done first I guess.”

All automatically pulling out their schedules on their phones, they began to compare who would be the first one up and last one out. It turns out, Nature was all early classes and Wind were all afternoon classes, the two freshmen couldn’t be anymore opposite. SinB sighed as she would end up waking every morning at 7am because Umji had to get ready for classes. She received an apologetic pat on the shoulder.

“I’ll be as quiet as possible, promise.”

“It’s alright, I’ll just have to get to bed earlier and do some homework in the mornings instead, right?”

“Yeah. Hey, what’s a hobby of yours?”

“Me? Uh, I like to watch cute animal videos on the tube and stuff, I really want a puppy later in life.”

“Same! I love how cute they are! Do you have a preference what kind of breed?”

“No, not yet, I think, when I meet them, it’ll be like destiny.”

“I didn’t take you for a romantic, SinB.”

“And I didn’t think you were going to be this cool, Umji.”

               Umji knew that she gave the impression of a straight-laced student, one that doesn’t break the rules, she made sure that she looked that way. Just in case she had to get into trouble one day, she’d have an alibi. She giggled mysteriously as SinB watched with an amused eyebrow. They were going to get in so much trouble together, she could almost feel the thrill already.

“Sometimes, you have to let go right?”

“I totally understand.”

               Turning to look at the two older girls, their jaws dropped as Yuju and Yerin were in an arm wrestle. Going over, they sat nearby, waiting for the winner to appear.

“Not giving up yet?”

“Never!”

               Looking between their faces, Umji relaxed as they were both grinning with happiness, friendly competition was a good way to get to know each other.

“I really don’t think you understand why I keep asking.”

“I do! But I’m still trying!”

               Yuju grit her teeth tightly as she pushed harder against Yerin’s hand, the older didn’t budge at all. Finally deeming that the sophomore had enough, Yerin slammed her hand over the table, winning the instant she flexed her bicep. SinB curiously poked her shoulders, making her giggle a little.

“Wanna touch? To tell you the truth, I think skinship is the best way to get closer, as well as time.”

“I’m not really-“

Umji yelped as a hand landed on her , swatting it away instantly. But Yerin only grinned.

“I’m joking, I won’t go that far, for now at least.”

               This didn’t bode well for Umji, but she could only smile as Yerin slung an arm over SinB’s shoulders. Maybe this school year was going to be more fun than she thought it would be.

=========

I'm laaaaaaaate haha I got distracted by destressing with video games :P

and yea, there won't be much action for a while it was just to introduce Sowon's strength