s2 ch 19

I've got cupcakes

Upon returning to the girls, they were both surprised and slightly terrified of Sowon. Even if she proved herself to be with the right mind, her even more intense magic aura which was nearly 10 times more suffocating towards them than they remembered caused them some panic. Yuju when she had gotten up finally, immediately had to fight Yerin for a source of water, wanting to heal them but not having enough energy to condense it from the atmosphere made an even stronger case against her.

“Sowon unnie, you’re really, really Sojung unnie?”

“Yes, Yewon ah. I have my memories back, and I know what has happened.”

Soeun was seated on Sowon’s lap, a big grin on her face as she played with Sowon’s hands.

“Mom said she remembered everything.”

“Honey, I’m sorry you had to go through that for me.”

“It’s fine mom, as long as we’re happy, right?”

Yerin was happy for them, that they could be together again, and Eunha was doing her best to be Sowon’s human limiter by finally intaking the corrected amount of magical particles radiating off of Sowon. Like explained before, each person had a magic stamina, the energy to use the magic. But for Sowon, magic was attracted to her like fireflies to a flame, even without expending much energy, she could control it, which was how her magic aura became so suffocating.

“I have to ask the big question though.”

“Go ahead.”

“What in the world was the prophecy that Eunha is a part of?”

Sowon looked to the ground, her eyebrows crooked as she remembered the true nature of the prophecy.

“It was a stupid curse. And it’s instructions on how to take care of it.”

“A curse?”

“My life and Eunha’s is linked, if she doesn’t have my excess magic, her constitution will become frail and die. If she dies, I suffer setbacks on this excess aura. Creatures are attracted to it after all. It’s like giving a shark blood to smell.”

Yerin nodded, her hands busy swatting Yuju’s away from her.

“But they said there was a wish.”

Sowon laughed bitterly.

“A wish? It’s a curse more like, I wished for my memories, and I turned back time. I wished for the truth and there’s nothing good from it. That girl that died today, she lost her name because she broke the prophecy by killing her moon. I got knowledge and an accidental time travel.”

SinB looked down.

“Then I guess I can finally say this then.”

They all looked at her. What could SinB be saying?

“I am, a part of the secret group that was trained to protect Eunha unnie. I wasn’t the one who failed to protect the previous moon. I came to replace them.”

Eunha blinked once, then she blinked twice.

“Wait what?”

“I stuck those sticky notes for you.”

“You’re in contact with my brother?”

SinB pulled out a different phone, an older model, known as a pager. None of the girls knew how to react.

“They are coming to the base. We have an army.”

Umji slumped back in her seat. All this time, all the people around her had been keeping secrets. Well, save for Yerin and Yuju, but they were in their own little world for most of the time.

“So, Sojung unnie and Eunha unnie had a curse and a prophecy they were hiding from us, SinB was hiding that she was here as an undercover guard for Eunha unnie. What else is there that someone is hiding!?”

Yerin raised her hand timidly. Yuju looked at her confused. Umji sighed and dropped her arms, nodding her head for Yerin to speak.

“I’m dating Yuju.”

Yuju blushed and slapped Yerin’s arm as the girls just sighed.

“I never said yes!”

“But you never said no.”

Eunha smiled, finally regaining enough energy to move around again, the wound in her chest was nearly sealed up, faintly glowing of the white heal of magic.

“Yerin unnie, you have to ask her properly, not decide the relationship on your own. What if Yuju liked me? Or SinB?”

Yerin looked at Yuju with a hum, she put her hand on her chin and pouted.

“You would choose them over me?”

“N-no! I wouldn’t! But you really never asked me!”

Yerin laughed as the girls joined in, the worst of battles were over, and there were less things hanging over their heads that they couldn’t talk about.

“Should we head back home?”

Umji looked up at Sowon quickly.

“What home? The school was shut down since the incident.”

“I didn’t know that. Then, Yewon ah. Should we bring them home?”

Umji grinned at the prospect.

“And show them to mum and da?”

Sowon nodded, hugging Umji as they bounced a little bit in happiness.

“Ah, but I think they’d get a little spooked to see you with blond hair and blue eyes.”

Sowon hummed as she placed her chin atop Umji’s head easily.

“But they’ll have to learn one day anyways, that their daughter had gone to the dead and came back with dark arts.”

“I guess so.”

Eunha stood up with the help of Yuju, they gathered themselves and started to walk towards the city.

“I wonder how they’ll react when I say I have a daughter.”

They giggled as they marched across the hill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Breaking news: One of the largest base of operations known to humankind of the dark faction of the world has been cleared out by the Jung clan army of trained professionals. Overrun within minutes, reporters say that the place was already in tatters by the time the Jungs appeared.”

Eunha breathed a quiet sigh as she sat by the tv.

“Sowon unnie, they’re reporting it again.”

“That’s the same news for everyday for the last week.”

“Right?”

Soeun scrambled into the couch, jumping into Eunha’s lap, knocking the wind out of her momentarily.

“Oof! Soeun ah, mommy isn’t that strong you know?”

“You should have just said I was heavy.”

“Eh? But you aren’t! Look at your mum and tell me if she’s fat huh?”

Soeun whined as Eunha pinched her cheeks.

“You looked exactly the same! So if she isn’t fat then you aren’t fat either!”

===============

sorry, I was in a bad mood last week