s2 ch 6

I've got cupcakes

Yerin waited until they left to find food, herself denying her hunger to remain behind. Testing her robotic legs, Yerin grunted as she had to get used to them again. Standing up finally, she found that her control over them was nearly perfect, which gave her no happiness in knowing why. Her previous memories were not back completely, but her knew enough that she had never expected to walk again, at the cost of her own flesh.

She closed her eyes, her eyebrows still furrowed in anger, but not at anyone particular. Clenching her fist, she stepped around the small hotel room. Getting used to the feeling that was her legs, which oddly had developed a sense of touch due to her magic aura it was draining from, Yerin checked to make sure that the girls had their hotel room key card before leaving.

Stepping back out into the winter wonderland, Yerin trudged back to her home, rather the only place that she knew for sure wanted her. As she waited for the light to change to cross the road, an inner voice yelled at her, maybe her teammates wanted her, and not just for her body and inheritance. But the quiet hum of the chip in her head made her shake her head. No one could possibly want a monster, that’s right, she was a freak now.

“Just do your job, at least you’ll have a job, no matter how sickening it is.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey so I wanted to go do some recon, I’ll be back later alright? Take care of Yerin unnie.”

SinB left the girls at the entrance of the hotel, the hungry trio went for breakfast without caring too much about SinB’s “recon”. Before she had left Yerin, she had offered whether or not Yerin would go out. She hadn’t deliberately worded specifically with them, and Yerin had responded no, which immediately returned as a lie. Quietly, she waited by a lamppost nearby with a view of the front of the hotel.

“You better stay inside, even if I have to stand here until they get back to stop you.”

Breathing on her hands to warm them, SinB shivered a little but kept up a mini wind block around her, diverting any bone chilling winds away from her body. Soon enough, Yerin walked out of the hotel doors and started to walk away. SinB sighed and pulled out her phone, intending to call Yewon, but stopped as her finger hovered over the dial button. Maybe Yerin didn’t want so much attention, especially on her legs, she didn’t seem particularly happy about them when she had woken up.

Sliding her phone back into her pocket, SinB puffed a breath of hot air before following behind Yerin. The older girl wasn’t even wearing the hotel slippers, SinB shook her head. Are all adults weird like this? All broody and self-conscious? She mentally patted herself on the back for not being as weird but hummed as she thought about how she reacted to Yewon. Still, she kept an eye on where Yerin was going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Young miss, you’ve finally returned.”

Yerin walked past the guard in complete silence, the only sound was of her feet crunching the frozen grass under her.

“Miss, you should have gotten yourself some shoes, lest the public recognizes you and considers you as barbaric.”

Yerin turned around with a glare, she was already stressed enough, to know that her team was looking for her, that she had been under a semi mind control program for three months, to learn that Sowon was actually alive but captured, for her to even bother listen to these nagging fleas who just serve her for the fame and money.

Not caring that she was being too violent, she gripped her fingers into a fist, with an explosion of flames at her elbow, she sunk her fist into the soft cheek of the nearest guard, knocking him out instantly.

“I could care less if this company goes down at this point.”

Dusting her hands, Yerin marched inside her mansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“…..”

“Sojung unnie?”

The small whisper caught her attention, distracting her from the pain that coursed through her body, she could feel her memories getting fuzzier and fuzzier, whoever just called her would be a glad distraction.

“I’m alone, who are you?”

Upon hearing that she was alone, a small brick removed from the wall before a whole panel of them lifted away, revealing a small girl with horns on her head. Her bright smile made Sowon smile in reflex.

“Me? I’m Soeun, remember?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sure I do know you.”

Sowon looked conflicted, trapped in her seat in front of a table with a mess of cards and other single player games scattered around her.

“But I can’t remember much.”

Soeun went to her side cautiously, her hand automatically reached to hold Sowon’s.

“It’s okay, I told your friends that you were okay, they’ll come save you.”

“Friends?”

Sowon’s smile dropped as she couldn’t quite remember who were her friends. Looking at her arm where the last remaining tubes were connected to her, she sighed and looked back down on the table, not wanting to look at the child.

“They went to go get another girl, her name was Yerin unnie.”

Soeun looked sadly at the machinery around them.

“You really don’t want me to unplug them all right now?”

“Promise me you won’t. I have to do this.”

“But why? You’re hurting.”

“I have a feeling I’ll hurt more if I was stopped right now.”

“That doesn’t make any sense.”

Sowon’s soft chuckle made Soeun look up.

“I think I remember you, Brian was mad when he found out I let you out.”

“Yea, you told me before.”

“It must be sad for you, to see me like this.”

“Just a little.”

“I’m sorry if I repeat the same things again and again little one.”

Soeun’s heart broke a little at the way Sowon addressed her.

“You don’t remember my name.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

Soeun felt Sowon flinch at the sound of footsteps coming from down the hallways outside the room. She hurried back to the wall.

“Soeun.”

“Huh?”

“My name is Soeun, I’ll save you. Mom.”

===============

soooooooooo soeun is Sowon's.....daughter somehow. I assure you she has no dad, that's all I can say this far :D