s2 ch 5

I've got cupcakes

“My birthday is August 19, 1996.”

SinB wrinkled her eyebrows, everything Yerin had said so far had been true, and seeing that her ability had worked on Yerin since she had asked her to tell her that she was a male which immediately returned lie, meant that Yerin was human. At least, fundamentally.

Yerin sat on the chair beside the bed, Yuju leaned against the far wall as Umji continued to sleep, Eunha had joined her in her sleep after they had confirmed that Yerin was harmless.

“Do you think they know where you are?”

“Why would they?”

“You said you were a cyborg, and you have a chip in your head, how are sure they don’t have gps tracking on you?”

Yerin hummed, it was a good concern, the possibility that her father’s men had known where she was every step she had to take. But they didn’t a lot of times, and her body temperature was unnaturally high due to her fire attribute. All radio frequencies tend to error more in high temperatures.

“I’m hoping they don’t. If they do, then I’m sorry to have troubled you.”

“No, you haven’t troubled us at all.”

Looking at the two sleeping girls, Yerin felt a twinge in her chest. Oddly, she held her hand to her chest wondering the weird feeling.

“I’ve been searching.”

Yuju looked up, stepping towards Yerin.

“There’s always been this feeling, that I keep wanting to find, but each time I get close to figuring it out, something shorts out in my head. It goes blank. Maybe it’s the memories of you guys, if you guys really aren’t lying to me.”

Seeing a hand enter her line of vision, Yerin looked up at Yuju who held out a phone.

“What is this?”

“Unlock it, it’s my phone from school.”

Yerin pressed the on button and the screen lit up without prompting her password. She had her fingerprint recorded in Yuju’s phone? She questioned exactly who was Yuju to herself as she checked the phone. Tapping the photo app with a shaking finger, Yerin stared as a selfie of her and Yuju appeared as the last picture in the album.

“You…”

Yuju looked away, SinB stood up to hug her. Yerin looked back at the phone, swiping through the images. None of this made sense to her, ever since they told her that there was no human Yerin she was taking the place of, but rather herself with lost memories, her mind had been a jumbled mess. The screen halted on an image of Yerin posing for the camera, her lips pressed firmly to a sleeping Yuju’s cheek as a good morning kiss.

The same image flashed through her head, only, in a different perspective. Blinking rapidly, Yerin held her head as it throbbed. Slumping in her chair, she struggled internally against whatever it was that was blocking her memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin blinked as she opened her eyes, there was a dull pain in her head as if she had taken a hit from some heavy weight boxing champion. Looking around herself, she was in a hotel room, one unfamiliar to her, but contained four younger girls that she could recognize.

“Where the hell am I and why did I drink last night?”

Rubbing her head to try and sooth her headache, Yerin went to move off the bed but heard her foot fall a heavy clunk on the wooden flooring. Her memories rushed back, the injury, the protests, her mother, her father, her legs. Yerin’s hands gripped into her fluffy pants, recognizing the odd hardness of her synthetic legs. Lifting the hem of her shirt, Yerin shoved it back down as she saw the seam where her skin met fake skin and electronics. Hearing a gasp, Yerin looked up, blinking her tears away.

“Y-yuna?”

“Yerin unnie!”

Yuju rushed forwards, throwing her arms around Yerin’s waist, burying her face into her stomach as she cried softly. But Yerin’s hands remained where they were, unresponsive at her sides. She bit her lip as she could feel the strain of the wiring in her right forearm, that was new. Holding it up as Yuju started to calm down in confusion, Yerin stared at the very clearly protruding extra layer of fake skin on her arm. Pressing at it, Yerin could only stare as it popped open, revealing a small circuit with a few “emergency” buttons and a reset switch, she closed it and put her arm down.

“Yerin un-nie, a-are you feeling okay?”

Yerin didn’t respond, her hand gripping into the blanket as she glared in her lap, her teeth still buried in her lower lip as she held back.

“Y-you called me Yuna just now, do you re-member us?”

Her eyes didn’t move from the blanket, but a single tear escaped her as she remained frozen. Yuju held Yerin’s hands in her own, on her knees looking up at Yerin trying to meet her eyes, but Yerin wouldn’t turn to see her.

The other girls were waking up now, the sun had risen for a few hours at most. But Yerin couldn’t bring herself to see her teammates, not when she wasn’t even human anymore. Not when she was a monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sojung, my lovely dear! How are you doing this fine morning?”

Sowon stared emptily in front of her, a tube connected to her arm pumping a dark fluid. She looked up as Brain drew near, her eyes were dark orbs that you could barely see turning in her sockets.

“It’s you.”

“Yes, it’s me.”

Sowon jabbed her free hand in his direction, missing his flesh but catching his clothes. She retreated her hand with a patch of his jacket. Brian groaned and tugged on his jacket, finding the tear in his clothing annoying.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I did this to save you?”

“You can keep saying it, but I will never like you.”

“Now, now, I never said you had to like me, you just have to live for me. Sojung.”

Sowon raised her hand to , her nails elongating and touching her lightly tanned skin just barely, but already drawing small droplets of blood.

“Ah ah, you can’t do that. Otherwise, the prophecy will move to the next sun. And you know what happened to the last one.”

Sowon looked over in the corner where the girl with the similar mark on her chest sat, staring at the wall.

“She’s not dead.”

“Do you want her dead?”

Sowon lowered her hand, it wasn’t that killing herself wasn’t a good idea to free herself from Brian, but she was having a hard time fighting the brain washing and her conflicting thoughts on the prophecy. That girl had no name, she bore the symbol, but no matter how many times Sowon tried to look her in the face, she avoided it either by covering her face or looking away just fast enough.

There was only one conclusion. That girl was once her friend, the one with lie detector. The fact that her chest still bore the prophetic mark meant that Sowon wasn’t the sun, or at least she wasn’t the only sun. She closed her eyes as Brian cackled a little, tweaking the tubes that wired the dark magic around them.

To think that the bad guys still depended on science rather than just dark magic, Sowon breathed deeply, they were worse than hell itself.

===============

eyyyyyyyyyyyyy i missed an update oops.