chapter 31

I've got cupcakes

 

Sowon went to visit Soyou, first thing in the morning, Eunha was helping the other girls with cleaning the dorm, taking the laundry downstairs and maybe help make lunch for their supposedly relaxing Sunday. They knew that they couldn’t afford to be completely disarmed, which was why they were going about things that needed to go outside in pairs or trios to ensure extra caution.

“Unnie, I wish you could just open your eyes, maybe tell me what happened, or tell me what to do now. I don’t know who to trust anymore.”

She held Soyou’s calloused hand, hardened from her experiences as a professional warrior before she decided to work at the academy that she graduated from. Her fingers traced the lighter lines of skin, the scars that marked her counselor’s hand as medals of hard work.

“I don’t want to be alone again.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha walked with Yuju, the two sophomores making their way back up the stairs after dropping off their laundry.

“What do you think about Sowon unnie?”

“Hm? What about?”

“She seems distant to us, but you two appear close.”

Eunha hummed, that was true. Sowon did treat them differently, but she didn’t think that Sowon was trying to be distant to the other girls.

“She’s just a little awkward, I guess. If you spent the amount of time as I did, I’m sure she would still be the same, but you’d see her in a different kind of light? Kind of like learning the true meaning of her actions.”

Yuju nodded her head, her hands swinging as they walked.

“Then what about Yerin unnie?”

“Yerin unnie?”

“Yea.”

“She’s nice, a good leader who cares for her teammates, definitely a powerful ally in my opinion.”

“But personality wise?”

Eunha wrinkled her eyebrows.

“Are you talking about this because of the pollen incident?”

“M-maybe.”

A grin spread on Eunha’s face as she then took Yuju’s arm, pulling her to a nearby table in the hall and taking a seat.

“You genuinely like her don’t you?”

“I guess I do, I mean, I think I do. She’s nice to me, she doesn’t mind my weirdness, and she gives me my peace when I need it.’

“Sounds to me like a perfect person, people in love tend to do that don’t they? See everything as perfect?”

Yuju whined a little and nudged Eunha’s shoulder.

“Do you think I should tell?”

“As in confess?”

A nod.

“As a student, no. Relationships can jeopardize our jobs as well as our priorities. As your good friend, yes.”

“Huh?”

“We’re people first before warriors, don’t you agree?”

Yuju nodded, a half smile on her face. Yea, they were people first before warriors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So…jung?”

“Unnie!”

Soyou’s eyes opened just a little bit, she appeared to be in pain still, but she seemed alright.

“What happened?”

“You were attacked, I was going to visit you and found you shoved under your desk in a bloody mess, are you feeling okay?”

“Everything hurts, are you okay?”

“You should only worry about yourself, unnie.”

Soyou managed a pained chuckle.

“What were you going to ask me? Had a feeling you were talking to me while I was out.”

Sowon looked down.

“It can wait until you get discharged.”

“Really?”

“Yea, focus on healing first unnie. I promise I’ll come to you for help.”

“You better Kim. You better.”

Sowon laughed and said her goodbyes, she was out of time. She promised to be back for lunchtime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“When’s it happening?”

“When is what happening?”

A set of pink eyes looked down at the kneeling man.

“Nothing is happening, because everything is going to happen.”

“Excuse me sir?”

“Sometimes, when you want things done, and done right, you’ve got to do it yourself.”

“But sir you have orders to-“

“Shut up. I don’t need you anymore.”

An excruciating scream rang through the dark of the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin hummed as she flipped a pancake in the pan, she controlled the fire extremely well for occasions like this, abusing her power to cook everything to perfection.

“Hehehe, the perfect most fluffiest pancake!”

Reorganizing the food on the table, she called SinB and Umji in from the living room, where they were doing stretches together.

Sowon had just returned and met the sophomores in the hall, reentering the dorm together just in time. The weather was nice, Soyou had woken up, nothing more has happened in the last 24 hours. They felt as if they deserved a break, or a proper rest at least.

===============

half as long because I was distracted and its really past my bedtime sowie hehe