s2 ch 8

I've got cupcakes

Eunha peeked in the destroyed window, the room was clear of anyone or even anything. It seemed that Yerin had burnt everything to a crisp. Flinching back out at the sound of a scream, Eunha bumped straight into Yewon’s waiting arms.

“Premonition, that was Yerin unnie’s scream.”

“Thanks, I’m going in.”

“No problem, don’t open the door, there’s trouble.”

Eunha hopped in nimbly, Yewon’s premonition had stopped her from falling off the second floor, and most likely saved her from meeting a guard on the other side of the door, but her premonition couldn’t tell her where Yerin was. Quickly running to the door, she waited beside it to listen for footsteps as the others got in. All gathered and ready, Eunha opened the door slowly and spotted the backside of the guard. Quickly she chopped his neck and dragged him into the room.

“Who wants to take the disguise?”

They all looked at each other.

“Well, I don’t think Eunha unnie is tall enough to fit the pants.”

“Hey!”

Yewon grinned, that was the first time in a while that they heard Eunha’s whiny protest, perhaps as the time ticked away and the month-long time limit Soeun had placed over their heads came closer to the end, that she was getting her vitality back. Just two more weeks.

“Hush, don’t tease each other just yet, we’re here to save Yerin unnie whether she wants to or not. We need her, and we need to her to help us.”

Yuju looked sadly at Yewon who also smacked SinB’s arm for teasing Eunha. Maybe it was her fault after all, if she could have healed Yerin’s injury faster or even taken that hit for her, shaking her head, she focused on the task at hand. Quickly donning the outfit over her own to make it look like it fit her, Yuju stepped into the hall before the other girls could protest.

“You look new.”

“I am new.”

“It’s hard to see a female guard, how’d you pass the test?”

The girls held their breath, Yuju wasn’t that great at conversations…

“How about I show you?”

They winced as they heard the impact of a solid punch in the gut. Opening the door to let in the unconscious guy, they sighed as Yuju went back out. Perhaps Yuju could convince Yerin on her own?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Unhand me!”

“No, your chip needs an update, please hold still. It’ll only be a little prick.”

Yerin struggled against the guard’s hold on her, they had fire resistant clothing so her flames did nothing but the material. They were holding her head as still as they could, possibly aiming to reprogram the chip in her head that controlled her legs as well as rewipe her memories. Finding no way out, Yerin stuck out her tongue and sunk her teeth in slightly, the doctor stopped.

“If you even try to wipe my memories, I’ll kill myself.”

If she just bit her tongue off, she’d bleed to death before they could save her, unless they possessed some sort of ice power or fire power to instantly staunch . She considered the thought, if she ended her life, she wouldn’t have to deal with metal legs, she wouldn’t deal with her father anymore, she wouldn’t have to care about hurting Yuju anymore.

She looked down sadly. Lost in her thoughts, she missed the doctor’s hand move and quickly plugged her in. Jolting with a shock, Yerin grunted as she passed out.

“Stop right there!”

Yuju slammed open the door and saw Yerin in the arms of the guards, head hanging low but the computer behind her lit up with a successful connection. Summoning the water out of the air, Yuju created a swirl of water, spinning it towards them in a mini tornado. Although the guards dodged the water blast, Yuju hit her target, breaking the computer and severing the connection.

“You idiot!”

“Huh?”

“That computer could have ended her life!”

Yuju quickly grabbed Yerin and flipped her on her back, checking her for life signs, already splashing her with her healing water, Yuju breathed a sigh of relief as she felt Yerin breathe. The sound of something swinging alerted her to duck, realizing that it was a bluff as the man cackled with the weapon now brandished, Yuju could only sigh as the blade slowly heated up to glowing white. If she hit that with her water, it would only make that metal blade stronger.

As she dodged another swing, Yuju noticed that he was unlike Yerin, who was dressed in little clothing, being immune to the cold. He wore a thick coat and heavy boots which gave her the advantage of speed. Moving quickly, Yuju vaulted the table and quickly turned to splash the man, drenching his clothes in an instant. He screamed only for a second before laughing.

“You think water could put me out? You had me surprised for a second.”

“No, I never intended to put you out.”

She waved her hand as her water grew colder, she manipulated where the water went through his clothes, increasing the speed of how soaked his clothes got. He grumbled as his clothes were indeed heavier, but he didn’t realize that Yuju wasn’t alone. With a burst of air, the doors slammed open and SinB rolled in.

“Cool him!”

“Huh?”

“Make the water freeze!”

“I can’t do that, can you?”

Yewon sighed and dragged her hand down her face, grabbing SinB’s shoulder, she whispered quietly.

“Oh, you want me to ahhh I can do that.”

SinB swirled the wind around him, created a cold vortex, with each pass of the wind tearing at his coat, his body temperature was decreasing due to his wet clothes. He swung at the air, only cutting through nothingness as it burned uselessly, creating steam wherever he swung it. Eventually the cold got to him, his shaking hands dropped his sword and SinB kicked it away before chucking him out the window.

“I should’ve just chucked him out in the first place, it’s not like the second floor could kill a person.”

“No, but he would still have his very dangerous sword.”

SinB nudged the glowing weapon with the toe of her shoe before Yuju doused it with water, instantly cooling it many degrees down from glowing.

“Heat treatment makes a weapon more sturdy, I could keep it or Yerin unnie could use it.”

Yuju looked down at the older girl still unconscious in her lap. She quickly pulled out something from her pocket and pressed it to Yerin’s hands before trying to wake her with the touch of some healing water.

“Yerin unnie, please wake up.”

Eunha watched the door, SinB saw that it was Yerin’s lighter that Yuju had put in her hands. Hopefully, Yerin would be willing to run away with them after all this mess. She briefly wondered how much longer they had left before Yerin’s father sent in an army.

====================

I feel like I'm dragging Yerin's part too long, oh well.