chapter 34

I've got cupcakes

Sowon had to back up from the fight. Her emotions were being toyed with and she didn’t appreciate it. Did he cast his charms again? Her black cuff should have nullified its effects, he should know exactly what these cuffs did, since he was the one who gave them to her, Chungha hadn’t wanted her to use them, or even to put them on, but she did, and they were cursed to never come off.

“Brian. What are you doing?”

“What am I doing? What am I doing you ask?”

His eyes flashed pink and Sowon pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Are you the source?”

“Of what, dear?”

“You’re the one with possession, aren’t you? I could recognize the walking style now that I think about it, I thought it was odd, you were a dead person. But clearly you’re not.”

This Brian bowed, as if he had performed a wonderful show. Sowon growled under her breath.

“Then, you know already what I’m doing, why did you ask?”

“To make sure.”

“Of?”

“That I wasn’t going to kill the wrong person!”

Dashing forwards with a burst of flames, Sowon crashed into him at full force, driving her elbow into his stomach as hard as she could further boosted by the flames at her elbows.

“You should have stayed dead!”

She dug her nails into his skin, hanging onto his arm as tightly as possible as she began the draining process, bracing herself for the influx of another soul’s energy into her system, she gasped as she felt none. Checking one more time, she realized.

“You don’t have a soul.”

Brian only shoved Sowon off and dusted off his clothes.

“No, in fact, I do.”

“Not in your body you don’t.”

He hummed and nodded.

“Indeed, it’s elsewhere.”

“You’re a monster.”

“Thank you, dear.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha finally kicked off the last guy, having managed to knock out two other with very well placed attacks during hand to hand combat, this last one though, she had to manipulate the air around them, depleting his supply of breathable air until he collapsed.

Huffing a breath to try to even her nearly hyperventilating breathing pattern, Eunha leaned heavily on a column, looking over the battlefield. Spotting Sowon still fighting that pink eyed guy, she took a few steps forwards. Feeling heavy on her feet, Eunha furrowed her brows, it was familiar, this feeling.

“What is…?”

Falling to her knees, Eunha fought to remain upright, but her body kept getting drawn to the ground as if there were a force pulling her towards the center of the earth. But that was impossible, the ability to control gravity wasn’t a thing and she would have never experienced it. One she did experience was magnetism, grunting as she forced herself to her feet. She looked up to see a very familiar build.

“O…oppa?”

Daein smiled and reached to pat her hair.

“You did well coming this far.”

“Huh?”

Falling to the floor, Eunha weakly looked up at her brother. The man who had been sending her post its was in front of her, but instead of helping her, she was being forced to the ground? She crawled on the floor as close as she could, grabbing onto his ankles, she debated whether or not to trust her instincts.

“EUNHA!”

Eunha looked over at Sowon who was yelling at her. Looking tiredly back at the ankles in her grip, she grit her teeth and set him ablaze. Hearing his roar or pain, Eunha instantly felt lighter, she stood up shakily.

“Who the are you in my brother’s body!”

Aiming a kick to the temple, Eunha swiftly knocked her brother’s body out before staggering a few steps away. Sowon hurried to her side to support her.

“Unnie? Why are you here?”

“I felt his conscious shift, he was possessing your brother while fighting me, but it would snap every time I surprised him. Then my premonition warned me that you were in danger.”

Eunha panted, hanging on Sowon’s arm, she looked at the very annoyed man who held his head in pain.

“So, wanna clue me in why he calls you dear?”

Sowon could only chuckle at Eunha’s light hearted comment. With a sad smile, Sowon kissed Eunha’s cheek, surprising her so much that she froze.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back.”

Now propped against a pillar, Eunha watched as Sowon’s cuff glowed brighter than before as she ran straight towards Brian.

“Wait, no, NO!”

Eunha frantically scrambled forwards to try to stop Sowon from whatever she was doing. Even she could feel that Sowon’s energy was depleted, this final move would push her over the edge and Eunha knew that it would do no good. Tripping over and landing on her face, Eunha looked up to be blown back by a large blast, it knocked her out, leaving her body amongst the rubble and debris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji hurried through the broken school building, she heard a loud explosion and then nothingness. SinB told her to go, Yuju had finished healing Yerin and was helping her hold back the smaller creatures still. Once Yerin could stand though, they planned on running, they couldn’t hold back an endless army for much longer, but they needed to tell Sowon at least or find Eunha.

Umji stood among the wreckage, panting as her eyes darted about quickly, searching for any signs of survivors. Not finding any left behind, she followed the path of destruction, the telltale signs of her sister’s skills left in the damages done to the walls of their school building. Large scratch marks and destroyed pillar bits scattered across the grand hall. A crater of destruction here and there. Reaching the courtyard after much effort in removing things and creating a safe path out, Umji felt her heart stop when she saw what lay remaining from their fight against the Darkside. Rushing over to the unconscious girl’s side, she checked her over, making sure she was still alive.

As she was checking her though, she woke up. Hugging her tightly, Umji shed a few tears of relief as the limp girl just hung loosely onto her.

“Eunha unnie, do you know where my sister is?”

Eunha’s eyes widened as she struggled to sit up, looking back around her, her jaw went slack and Umji’s stomach filled with dread.

“S-sojung.”

“I couldn’t find her; can you tell me what happened?”

Eunha looked back at Umji sadly, her voice not coming out as her lips tried to form words to explain herself, but she choked as she started to cry.

====================

and we now have finally arrived to the description! we're halfway there for this baby!