s2 ch 10

I've got cupcakes

Getting on the plane turned out to be a bigger issue than it should have been, seeing as the Jung Corp. was in control of pretty much everything there, it was a passage into a different country. Lucky for them, they were not on the international wanted list, or at least not yet and managed to dodge the people who were looking for Yerin, holding up images of her and asking random people.

Now seated in the airship, the girls calmed down, gathering at the viewing platform that allowed them to look outside as they took off. Technology had been advanced with the incorporation of magic, allowing them to not fall over even if they moved around the plane during takeoff and landing.

“Do you think we can beat them?”

“We won’t know until we try right Eunha unnie?”

Umji looked over at Eunha, but the older wasn’t paying them any attention, looking out the window with a faraway look in her eyes.

How could Soeun be her daughter? There was no way, for one, they were both physically female. Then they haven’t even kissed and Eunha wasn’t even sure Sowon and her were in a proper relationship with each other. Thinking about it, the little demon child, despite having horns on her head and an odd smirk to her smile, did kind of resemble Sowon. But then again, she was at least half a creature that wasn’t harmless. Could she have been an experiment that Sowon had saved in her stay in the evil lair? Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she snapped out quickly and looked Yerin in the eyes.

“What is it?”

“Nothing, just worried about you.”

“Me? Why? I’m more worried about you.”

“Me? Why? Haha, no I get it, I’m still bummed about being under control for the past few months, this chip,” Yerin tapped the metal piece in her head, “makes me feel like . But, it isn’t going to stop me from using my powers to save Sowon unnie.”

“Right.”

“I do hate myself to some degree, to let this break me so easily. Yuna told me that it’s not such a bad thing, to have a weakness. We aren’t perfect and I do consider myself a little further than perfect even more. Even if I’m not totally human, at least I’m alive.”

Eunha nodded, allowing Yerin to hang her arm around her shoulders. The distance between them since their separation seemed to have disappeared overnight. Eunha respected Yerin like that, she was and is a bright girl, nothing could hold her down for too long, and never forever.

“So, what’s your issue?”

“Issue?”

“Still thinking about your daughter?”

“There’s no way she’s my physical daughter. There’s no possible way.”

Yerin hummed.

“You know it’s possible that she was told that her other mom was you, perhaps Sowon wanted to make sure that Soeun would have a caretaker if she didn’t make it.”

“I am still suspicious about the phone call though.”

“I am too, but we have no choice, right? SinB told me she was our only solid lead, well, as solid as can be.”

“Yeah.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The process had to be modified before you were completed, Sojung.”

Sowon looked up blankly, unsure whether this man was addressing her.

“Yes, I’m talking to you. Your name is Sojung, and I am your boss, Brian.”

“Brian.”

“That’s me. Your job, has and always been, to deal with pesky guardians and trained hunters.”

“What for?”

Brian scoffed as he let Sowon out of her cuffs, she stood up stiffly, but cracked her bones as she stretched them. It seemed as though she hadn’t moved in a long time, but she didn’t feel it as much as the sounds made it seem.

“We are the bad guys, the bad guys but we’re really the good ones, don’t you know that the world is going to end?”

“I don’t remember.”

“Of course, you don’t, I just revived you from near death. Come on, you owe me your life so hear me out.”

“I guess.”

Sowon cracked her knuckles and casually lit a hand on fire, testing out what she could do.

“There’s going to be a group of them, unprofessional ones at that, simple right? They’ve been trying to find this base for a long time. That’s all you have to do.”

“Do? I just kill them?”

“Yes, but there’s a few more people to practice your creaking muscles on first, follow me.”

Sowon noticed a presence nearby, but there appeared no other bodies in the room. She stared suspiciously at the wall but followed Brian out.

“Just eliminate these prisoners, they’ve been in our care long enough.”

“Death sentence?”

“In fact, yes.”

“What did they do?”

Brian’s face darkened, Sowon just stood still, unwavering under his intense energy.

“They killed thousands of our brethren. We already extracted all the useful information out of them, so go ahead and hit them with all you’ve got.”

“This is just testing my strength isn’t it?”

Sowon swung her fist softly, but an explosion sounded on the far wall.

“Hm, I didn’t expect it to reach that far, how strong was I before I forgot everything?”

“I told you to kill them not threaten them.”

“I don’t need to, when I’m this strong. Isn’t it clear I don’t have to do such boring and dull work such as hitting people who are chained?”

“That’s not the point! I just wanted to make sure you could still kill. That’s all.”

Sowon grabbed his collar quickly lifting him off his feet, her eyes shifted colors from her sweet brown to a terrifying neon green.

“You doubt me?”

Brian choked out his apology and hurriedly tapped on her arm, making her let him go.

“You know, for a boss, you sure are weak.”

“Only because I gave you half my power.”

“Is that so? How unfortunate.”

Sowon went to the nearest door, finding it locked with a click. She turned to see Brian holding a remote controller which flashed the same color as the locked door. Sighing, she just raised her foot and kicked out the door, creating another smaller explosion. Like this, she broke her way outside.

“You’re really every bit of the monster I made you out to be.”

“What do you want? Me to call you daddy? Never.”

“I told you, you owe me your life.”

“That I might be. But I get to do what I want until me job comes. Defend this place and kill skilled adventurers who dare come close.”

Sowon started to float up into the air, getting up to the roof, Sowon took a seat on the edge, looking out on the horizon. Nothing made sense, and there was a certain emptiness inside her. She may have owed Brian her life, but she wasn’t so sure about killing the adventurers. Leaning back, she looked up at the sky.

“I’m sure even if I ask, he won’t tell me the truth.”

“You’re right.”

Sowon sat up, the new voice startling her. The sensation of being startled also made her feel weird, as if she wasn’t used to being startled.

“Sojung ah, it’s me.”

“You? What’s your name?”

The girl shook her head.

“Try to remember, I don’t have a name. And everyone is forced to forget my name.”

“I’m sorry, my memories are completely gone.”

“It’s okay, maybe this will help.”

The girl ed her shirt, opening it just low enough to show a mark. Sowon stared curiously.

“You have this mark as well, check for yourself.”

Sowon peeked down the front of her own shirt, the symbol of a moon appeared, glowing brightly.

“Huh, so I glow.”

“That’s a pretty relaxed way of putting, but yea, you glow.”

“I should know you. I probably know you. Say, are you allowed to be talking to me?”

“No, I’m not. But this is important Sojung ah.”

“How important?”

“You have a daughter.”

==================

okay so no one knows, awkward....but that girl who's been talking to Soeun, and is talking to Sowon is the girl who had lie detector before SinB, the girl who supposedly died? Remember her? haha....aha...man I'm not a good author...