chapter 14

I've got cupcakes

Umji was concentrating whilst sat upon a big rock, legs crisscrossed and her hands gathered in her lap, she breathed evenly as she soaked in the magic around her, for a nature specialist, this place was as close to heaven as it could be, surrounded by greenery with the surplus amount of magic flowing through the school grounds? It was the most ideal place to meditate, that is, unless your teammates were SinB and Yerin. As Umji concentrated on her own, doing her best to ignore the craziness below her, SinB was having a contest with Yuju, seeing who could put out Yerin’s flames faster.

Seeing as Yuju’s little splash could extinguish an average flame and SinB’s small gust of wind would only fuel it, Yerin made her flames extra hot, the majority of her flames were tinged with the white-hot glow beyond the blue flames as Yuju continued to splash water halfheartedly. She hadn’t quite wanted to know if either were stronger but Yerin insisted that she participated in their little game. The flames easily evaporated the water that Yuju splashed and Yuju just kept pulling it back down to make it liquid again to splash again, an endless cycle until whoever ran out of magic stamina first. SinB was blowing larger and larger gusts of wind, making the flames flicker back and forth but remaining lit.

“How am I supposed to put these out?!”

“With your spirit!”

Yuju sighed as Yerin egged SinB on to try stronger moves, shaking her head, she stopped splashing water to go sit at the base of Umji’s rock. She was by no means a quiet person, but when there were two other just as loud people, she preferred the peace and maturity of Umji’s company.

“Yuju unnie, you’re done amusing them?”

“Ah, yea. Am I disturbing you?”

“No, I was just a little surprised with myself.”

“What for? Have you ascended or something?”

“Haha, that would be fun, but I’ve been concentrating on feeling the area around me, every breeze in the wind, every breath a tree gives, each buzz of a bug. I knew it was you from the increased moisture in the air.”

“Ah, I guess I do have that kind of thing, water just magnetically comes to me, even though water isn’t magnetic at all.”

Umji giggled at Yuju’s explanation, it made sense, but it was a funny thought. Opening her eyes finally to look at Yuju properly, she smiled as the sunset glow was casting a shadow behind them.

“Have your eyes always been colored neon green? Or am I just seeing things?”

“Neon green? My eyes are br..own….”

Yuju drew up a mirror of water, letting Umji see herself. Her eyes were indeed neon green, but she had no idea how it happened, nor what it meant.

“What in the world?”

“Could it be because of your magic?”

“But I’m nature, nature is….well I mean, it’s represented by green but neon green?”

“It could be you reaching a new level in magic?”

“It could be…I’ll have to ask the professor when we get back.”

Jumping off the rock and landing perfectly, Umji offered a hand to Yuju before reaching an extra hand just in time to stop Yuju from jumping up and into kissing her. Breathing a sigh of relief, she chuckled that her premonition kicked in for something like this.

“Oops, would’ve accidentally kissed you there.”

Yuju lovingly rubbed Umji’s head before taking her hand again to lead the way to their troublesome partners.

“Is that tree falling over?”

“Do you think SinB’s blowing the forest down?”

“I hope not, it’s school property.”

They hurried down to stop whatever destruction was going to happen. A set of glowing pink eyes watched from the shadows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon and Eunha patrolled the campus, it wasn’t as if Sowon knew everyone on campus that they could just find someone and distinguish their aura to be different, so they spent the time trying to find the same aura from before, but that wasn’t quite a specialty of Sowon’s either.

Sighing as she gave up, Sowon sat on a bench with Eunha beside her, they hadn’t let go of each other’s hands the entire way, just to make sure that if there was a copy, it wasn’t going to be either of them.

“I should report this to the headmaster, you can go back to dorm for tonight, we’ve done enough.”

“May I go with you to the headmaster’s office?”

Sowon raised an eyebrow and looked over at Eunha, with her slouched in the seat, their eyes were finally on the same level.

“What for?”

“I just…I’m worried for you unnie.”

“Worried?”

“They specifically targeted you right? Using me, they got so close to you, if they had attacked you, I don’t know what could have happened.”

Humming in agreement, Sowon nodding a little before getting up and tugging on Eunha’s hand.

“Then, since your roommates are out, and since we’re both worried for each other, why don’t you come stay the night with me?”

“Is that allowed? I’m not allowed in the senior towers, aren’t I?”

“Well, being the academy’s favorite comes with it’s perks, it’ll be fine Eunha yah, let’s get this report done with and relax, I’ll teach you a few things about winding down while we’re at it.”

“There’s a specific way to wind down after battle too? There’s so many things I need to learn then.”

Sowon giggled as they walked on, Eunha was cute like that. Random comments on random little details as they talked, the small confusions she had as well.

“No, it’s not specific at all, just my way of getting the most out of my relaxation.”

Pushing open the door to the headmaster’s office, Sowon schooled her face into an unreadable one, Eunha looked forwards at the man at his desk.

“Sowon, Eunha. What brings you two here?”

“There’s been an intruder.”

“An intruder? Our barrier is in top condition after the last patching.”

“No, they were in here disguised as one of our students. It was weird to see the two of them at two different places one after the other, that’s how I realized.”

“You’re saying we have an illusionist?”

“Or a shape shifter, are you sure you want to keep this from the students still?”

The man rubbed his stubbled chin, his clean-cut look from the morning already faded away by the day’s work. Messing with his short hair, he groaned and leaned back in his chair.

“I’ll discuss this with the council.”

“Then. Have a good night sir.”

The duo bowed and left.

==================

oh no....muji ah, that premonition wasn't Yuju kissing you.....and who still has their phone?