s2 ch 20 (finale)

I've got cupcakes

Umji was laying down in her bed in their new dorm, after the destruction of the enemy base, the girls had reapplied to a different academy to finish their education. Unluckily or luckily, Sowon was given a team, Yerin was paired with Yuju and placed into another team, Eunha and SinB, where under her leadership in their trio of a team, the lacked a fourth member, but that didn’t mean the last bed wasn’t occupied.

“Auntie Yewon!”

Sitting up with a smile, she let Soeun into her lap, finally bringing into focus the rest of the world. Sometimes when she lay down, it seemed as though the world would fade in and out. It might be a side effect of her passive premonition skill, but at this point, she could no longer ask Sowon because she had lost her premonition skill during her transition to a half creature.

“Good morning, how are you this morning Soeun ah?”

“Fine! Can we go see mom?”

“Sowon unnie? Let’s see, today she has classes…”

Looking to the wall where she kept an orderly list of when each person’s schedules were including the time that Sowon reserved just for Eunha. If Sowon and Eunha didn’t mind Soeun during their alone time today, then Soeun would be able to see Sowon. If not, then she’d have to wait till tomorrow. As a graduating senior once more, Sowon had day missions but had special orders that allowed her to come back to Eunha every day. After all, the two were linked, life and death.

“You’ll have to ask Eunha unnie if you could go with her to see Sowon unnie.”

“But, that’s their lovey dovey time?”

“You aren’t jealous of them?”

This was one of Soeun’s surprising points. Even though she was born of a concoction of evil hate and resentment, she was every bit of a young girl. Perhaps Sowon’s DNA was that much stronger. Hearing the tv click on and the news repeating the same thing again, Umji stood up carrying Soeun easily.

“I’m not jealous because I know mom loves mommy first, I came second and it’s okay!”

“Why? All children display signs of jealousy whenever the father gets close to their mother.”

“Because I’m awesome!”

Soeun hopped out of her arms and jumped up the back of the couch, landing her besides SinB who silently patted Soeun’s head automatically.

“I should tell Sowon unnie about this…”

Then again, it was because she wasn’t completely human that such oddities occurred. Well, Sowon loved children anyways, just one word would probably convince her.

“It has been revealed that the leader of the evil corporation has been caught, by use of a dark technique we now call brainwashing, he e of the strongest students at the now destroyed academy to his side several years ago.”

Umji looked at the tv, this was new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The evil lord of whatever his name is had brainwashed a student named Brian, a promising student with a special skill called possession.

With this possession, he had taken over the academy that trained him by using the headmaster, who has died of mysterious circumstances still yet to uncover.

This is related to the horrible student revolt two years ago where a female student was shot and killed by other students for exposing the wrong secrets. Brian who has now been captured is still convinced that he was never a student despite regaining his memories, a denial of sorts to see himself fallen this far from grace.

The ace student at the Academy, Kim Sojung was severely injured in the fight several months ago and had been found to have been experimented by dark technology however shows that she is perfectly healthy and sane in the head.

Reports show that there were several incidents at the Academy leading up to it’s destruction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The broadcast finished and Umji sighed, of course not all the details would be released on public television, but did they have to mention Sowon’s full name? It’s almost as if it were painting a target on her back or something. Exposing her to all the people who would hate that she was now part something.

Her phone rang and SinB tossed it to her easily.

“Hello? Sowon unnie?”

“Hey, I heard the news, don’t worry about it Yewon ah.”

Umji grinned.

“Are you sure that you lost your premonition? How did you know?”

“Haha, I wouldn’t know? I took a guess. But don’t worry about it. I don’t care what the others say.”

“Don’t lie to me, even if I’m not SinB” SinB looked up at the mention of her name. “I can still tell that you care a bit.”

“Well, I just have to not take them seriously, am I right?”

“No, you just have to know that we are here for you.”

“Alright, alright.”

Umji smiled as Soeun finally got up from the couch and reached for her phone in a polite manner, her hands gathered together.

“Soeun wants to talk to you.”

Handing her phone off, Umji went to sit next to SinB.

“So, miss secret agent.”

“I told you I quit several days ago.”

Umji grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin whined as she woke up, her lower half immobile again. Swinging her upper body sideways, she managed to roll just enough to reach Yuju’s bed, tugging on her blanket to wake her up. Yuju woke up drowsily, rubbing her eyes as she yawned.

“Good morning unnie.”

“Y-you could have told me you went to sleep !”

Yuju looked down, technically she wasn’t . Just, somehow her shirt got off…

“I didn’t!”

Hurriedly finding her discarded shirt, she shoved it over her head before going to Yerin’s bedside.

“I swear it was an accident.”

“And here I thought I was erted, what did you dream?”

Yerin wiggled her eyebrows, forgetting that her legs were not functioning and propping herself on her elbow in as alluring manner as possible.

“Oh shush.”

Slapping Yerin’s side Yuju noticed the odd placement of Yerin’s legs under the blanket and pulled it away to find them either disabled or malfunctioned.

“Are you in any pain?”

Yerin sighed and flopped back, straightening her prosthetic legs in the same motion.

“Nope, no feeling. Can’t move, can’t feel.”

Yuju offered Yerin a small smile when the doorbell rang. That was the delivery bell.

“Yerin unnie, just stay still her until I get back.”

“As if I could get anywhere, hurry if it’s important. I have to go the bathroom soon.”

Kissing Yerin’s cheek quickly, Yuju ran out of their dorm, making her way to the mailroom of the dorm to find her large package. Signing the paper and carrying it back up, Yuju hefted it in the doorway before stopping to take a breath. This was the present she had been saving her allowance and her many mini job wages to buy, a brand-new top of the line piece of machinery designed for disabled people to feel everything like their original legs did.

“Yerin unnie, how urgent do you need to go to the bathroom?”

“Uh, not quite?”

“How comfortable are you with removing your pants right now?”

“Eh?”

Yuju smiled as Yerin blushed.

“It’s nothing erted, I swear.”

“You say that but tell me to remove my pants?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon sat alone in the training room, her limiters removed, and her blonde hair let down. She was meditating by herself, clearing her mind and trying to reconnect to her human side in an attempt to find her skill once more. There was no saying that it was already active and not premonition, it wasn’t that she hated being surprised now more than everything and she desperately wanted it to stop, she didn’t mind it that much. But not knowing what her skill was, was a little difficult to handle. If she didn’t know what she could do, then she wouldn’t know when something might go out of hand, and if she really didn’t have a skill after her transformation, then so be it. The professionals at several hospitals tried many tests on her to figure out what she was made of, or even just to figure out a way to treat her if she every were to get injured again.

Opening her eyes with a sigh, Sowon blinked her blue eyes slowly.

“Maybe it’s regeneration or it doesn’t exist anymore.”

Laying down on the floor and staring up at the ceiling, Sowon sighed. The door to her training room opened and she immediately tried to maintain a lower level of magic pressure; limiting it by sheer willpower and energy rather than grabbing her braces.

“Sowon unnie.”

“Eunha.”

By the way she moved in the magic concentrated air, Sowon relaxed once the door closed, letting her system run freely as Eunha basked in the excess magic. She kneeled near Sowon with a smile.

“What are you up to?”

“Thinking.”

“About?”

“You and everything else.”

“I feel honored to be special aside from everything else.”

“You should. Since I love you and you’re important to me.”

Sowon had closed her eyes as she spoke, but Eunha had gone silent and it kind of worried Sowon.

“Eunha?”

Peeking open an eye, she started to blush as well when she saw Eunha’s cheeks bright red. Was it something she said? Thinking back on the words that left , she realized that she hadn’t said those three words to Eunha before out loud. They had conveniently called each other mom and mommy but never once had she ever said I love you.

Covering her eyes with her arm, Sowon sighed.

“Man, there I went. It slipped out from me when I wasn’t thinking.”

“It’s okay.”

“Is it? Because I was being honest, I do love you. Even if I don’t express it well.”

“Me too.”

“Huh?”

Sowon sat up as Eunha looked away.

“I thought you meant I was special because I was crucial to your existence, but…me too.”

She reached her hand out to Sowon hesitantly, before touching her arm. Sowon scooted closer, pulling Eunha into her lap in a hug, wrapping herself around Eunha easily.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I’ll protect you; I swear.”

“No.”

Eunha pressed her hands to Sowon’s cheeks making eye contact.

“We’ll protect each other.”