chapter 12

I've got cupcakes

“What do you mean we need to go on an outing?”

Yerin grinned as she packed her bag, Yuju was holding her own bag open but was still confused, they were not seniors and were not allowed off campus, what in the world did Yerin mean by an outing?

“Just pack a two-day and one-night set okay? I’ll take you guys somewhere nice.”

“But we can’t leave campus.”

“We’re not leaving campus honey, don’t worry.”

Yuju sighed and packed her bag tying it up messily as she hurried to get out of Yerin’s way but the leader grabbed her hand.

“Hey, you could at least do it neatly.”

Retying Yuju’s bag for her, she handed it back with a pat on the back.

“I promise, it’ll be fun.”

Reluctant but curious, Yuju nodded and went to the living room, where SinB had already finished and was waiting on the couch playing with her phone.

“So, what’s taking Yerin unnie so long?”

“I have no clue, maybe she’s folding each and every item to the point of no crinkles.”

“That, my dear, is correct.”

“Why do you keep calling me by loving nicknames? Not that I mind.”

“It’s a good habit of my boo, want me to stop?”

Yerin’s flirty smile just had Yuju shaking her head with a smile, Umji entered the living room with an overly stuff bag. She looked at their bags and groaned.

“I swear I need all of this.”

“No, sweetie, you don’t.”

Yerin proceeded to drag Umji back into her room to reorganize everything. SinB just groaned and lay back on the couch. Yuju chuckled and tucked SinB’s shirt back down, much like a mother to her daughter.

“Yuju unnie, do you think our leader is too…I don’t know, friendly?”

“You mean affectionate?”

“I-well, yea I guess so, affectionate. I don’t mind it, not at all, but Yewon complains sometimes.”

“Ah, you mean the taps.”

“And the grabs.”

They laughed together in recollection of Yerin’s daring bad hands that caused Umji some terror before she had toned it down. Well, at least a little bit, Umji forbade Yerin from groping her chest again unless she wanted a very angry Sowon chasing her.

“But then what do you think of joining up with Sowon unnie?”

“I think it’s fine, we’ll actually be doing something you know? We may be students, but we aren’t here to be just protected, we’re here to learn how to protect others.”

Yuju tucked SinB in a side hug, leaning her cheek on SinB’s head softly.

“Well said, SinB, well said.”

Hearing the front door open, they turned to see who it was, not that it could have been anyone other than Eunha, or you know, maybe a staff coming for repairs? Eunha greeted them with a tired look, her shoulders slouched and her aura flickering in and out of detection.

“What did you do Eunha?”

“Training.”

“But with what?”

“I just lit a fire in my hands.”

“Huh?”

“I have make my fire last three minutes against her before we move on to something else.”

“Ehhh?”

Yuju opened her water bottle and walked over to stop Eunha from flopping on her bed. In the privacy of Eunha’s single room, Yuju splashed healing water on Eunha just to soothe her sore muscles a little bit.

“Eunha yah.”

“Yes?”

“Sowon unnie has told you about us joining you guys right?”

“Huh? Uhhh maybe, I do remember her saying that she was going to ask you guys for help.”

“Oh? We sent a mail yesterday.”

“Ah? Well…I hope I’m not revealing too much when I say this then. Our phones are not completely reliable? They have control over what gets transferred. Like the day I went to observe Sowon unnie? I wasn’t supposed to, because that was outside the barrier, but I still got the message to.”

Yuju frowned and looked at her own phone, placing it back in her pocket, she sighed.

“Then you can tell her when you see her again for us.”

“Yea, I will, what are you guys up to?”

“We’re going on an outing, but not off campus. Yerin unnie says that there’s a part of the training grounds where we can camp.”

“Camping? I wish I could go too.”

“I wish you could too, at least there would be one more person to help stop Yerin unnie.”

Eunha pouted and Yuju patted her same aged roommate on the head lightly.

“It’s fine, you’re probably doing more by learning from Sowon unnie, fighting!”

“Thanks, Yuna.”

Returning to the living room, Yuju picked up her bag, seeing as the rest of team one was ready to go finally. Taking out her phone however, she placed it on the table by the couch.

“Our phones are rigged; the whole system is hacked or something like that.”

“Oh.”

Yerin and Umji put down their phones as well. SinB looked at them but moved to put hers down and followed behind them as they left towards their destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon sat at a table alone, her fork dragging through the spaghetti dinner the school provided in the cafeteria. Looking over her own notes, she aimlessly looked for the straw to her drink and missing it completely with her lips until another hand moved the cup closer to her.

“Huh?”

“Sowon unnie, you’re too focused.”

“Eunha yah, hey.”

Eunha sat down across from Sowon, tucking her hair behind her ear, she looked Sowon in the eyes carefully. Giving a shy smile, she reached over and closed Sowon’s notebook. Sowon looked confused, her eyebrows drew together briefly, and hung open slightly.

“Unnie, team one has a message for you.”

“Oh?”

“They had sent you a mail, but you haven’t gotten it, so I have to tell you directly.”

“And?”

“They said yes to supporting you.”

“That’s good news.”

Slurping a large forkful of the spaghetti, Sowon whined a little as the sauce got on her chin, she wiped it off with a napkin before seeing Eunha giggling.

“You know, seeing and hearing you whine over just a little sauce makes you less intimidating, mentor.”

“Mwo, I can’t be human?”

“Aniyo, I was just reminding myself that you’re most likely training me in a way that best benefits myself. No matter how annoying it is.”

Sowon raised an eyebrow, Eunha was acting off, but there were no indications of manipulation. Was it her, or did her partner’s aura feel weird? Reaching a hand across to take Eunha’s hand, she grew even more suspicious when Eunha had naturally dodged her with moving to get up.

“Where are you going Eunha?”

“Back to dorm, I should be resting.”

She couldn’t put her finger on it, her stomach growled at her and Sowon took another huge bite of her food. After she fed her stomach, she was going to talk with Eunha. Making a mental note to visit the team one dorm later, Sowon flipped open her notes before flipping them closed again. No, it was really bugging her. Shoveling the rest of her food into her cheeks, Sowon quickly finished her food and gathered her things to go see Eunha.

==========

late :P

good night buddies