s2 ch 14

I've got cupcakes

Eunha stood behind the girls, guarding their backs as they tried to figure out how to make the last shield break, it wasn’t like they were experts in exploding protection shields that have been tweaked to do the reverse.

“Unnie what if you wind up a superpowered fist and I boost you with wind and then Yewon and Yuju unnie add in a blast after? You know like in those cartoons. Combine everything together.”

Yerin hummed, already starting to heat her fist up in the most dense state of fire she could manage. Spreading her knees apart and bringing her center of mass closer to the ground, Yerin drew her fist back.

“On the count of three!”

SinB hurriedly stood behind her, ready to boost with Yuju and Umji behind her.

“One!”

Eunha buried a few dozen more weak creatures in the ground.

“Two!”

Umji’s premonition forced her to pull Yuju and SinB away.

“Thre-“

Yerin still swung and Eunha quickly turned around when she felt movement behind her, eliminating something that looking like a giant by blowing their head off with an air compression blast before Gathering magic in her hands to boost Yerin, not particularly envisioning any particular element.

Blowing straight through the shield and actually missing Yerin, they all were stunned momentarily. Whatever Eunha shot, wasn’t earth, fire, water, or air. But rather what seemed to be a ray of light, perhaps it could have been a higher level of fire magic, a sunbeam of sorts. They panted as the last shield broke apart, revealing the crater Eunha left on the other side of it. Rushing through it, Yuju covered their back with a wall of water, absorbing every projectile.

“Go Eunha!”

Running forwards using SinB’s whirlwind tunnel, Eunha blasted through the remaining goo covered creatures, it seemed as though the further in they got, the less form these creatures took. Reaching the end of the goo line, Eunha popped out breathing heavily as her hand started to pulse. Arms hooked under her armpits and held her up as they jumped, Eunha struggled to get out of the grip, swinging her head back to knock they away. The surprised shout meant that she must have broken their nose.

“SOJUNG! KILL HER!”

Eunha’s eyes widened as they landed on the roof of a building that slowly released it’s camouflage. On there, stood one tall blond beauty with blue eyes, but the face unmistakably Kim Sojung.

“Sowon unnie!”

“….”

“It’s me! Eunha! Jung Eunbi!”

“I don’t know you.”

“You do! Look! I have the other half of your mark!”

Eunha wrestled out of the other girl’s hold, stomping on her foot and shoving backwards with her hip to over balance her capturer. Taking off her glove, Eunha showed the bright mark of the constricted eclipsing sun.

Sowon raised a hand, seemingly ignoring her words.

“You sent Soeun to us.”

The hand stopped, the dark ball of energy dissipating.

“I did what?”

“Your daughter, our daughter. You sent her to me and asked us to save you.”

“Don’t listen to her Sojung, she’s just trying to weaken you.”

Sowon looked between the two girls in confusion, who was she supposed to believe? The girl claiming to know her and the girl who supposedly helped her.

“Well where is Soeun now?”

Eunha looked over at the battlefield, her eyes immediately drawn to the largest of explosions where Yerin was working hard to keep the goo monsters away. Spotting the young child standing in fear behind Umji, Eunha pointed.

“Right there, by Umji, or you know her as Yewon, your little sister.”

“Li-ttle…sister?”

Sowon held her head as it throbbed, her other hand ed out in front of her in a defensive position.

“Don’t lie to me.”

“I wouldn’t lie to you, we’re partners.”

“She’s lying, you know me. I have the skill to detect lies.”

Eunha looked at the other girl in surprise.

“You- you’re the girl who’s supposed to be dead? The one who Sowon unnie regretfully couldn’t save?”

“Hah, save? She never intended to save me that day. In fact you could almost say it was her fault.”

This boggled Eunha’s mind. But she knew to trust Sowon more than this girl.

“You’re missing some important details there, you don’t have your name anymore, is that the reason why you wanted me to die? To make the wish to return your name?”

“Huh?”

Sowon walked over and grabbed the unnamed girl by the collar, shoving her against the wall.

“There was a wish involved with killing her?!”

Her words had initially began with an angry tone, but as she neared the end of her sentence, they turned into an ugly snarl as the dark veins in her neck reappeared and her eyes turned black with red irises.

“Ghk! That wish was supposed to be used- to get your memories back! I swear!”

“That’s not true, Sojung unnie.”

Eunha reached out to Sowon, hesitant to touch her, but needed to reassure Sowon before she completely turned or something. Her body composition had been messed with and the scar over her left eye was burning red as if it were about to split again to spill more blood.

“Sojung.”

Sowon watched Eunha out of the corner of her eyes, being treated as if she was dangerous hurt her feelings, she was only trying to figure out what was going on, and yet no one seemed to be trusted. Dropping the lie detector girl, Sowon jumped off the roof and sped of towards Soeun. Eunha quickly chased after her, not knowing what Sowon could or would do.

“Look out!”

The wind was knocked out of her as Umji dived straight into her stomach, causing them to fall back away from where Eunha had been standing. A geyser of dark liquid exploded and rained down on them, burning away at their skin. Umji quickly made an earthen cave for them to shield themselves, she concentrated to locate the others with her nature senses before helping to give them shade from the weird acid goo.

“Soeun!”

“Mom?!”

The moment Soeun heard her name coming from Sowon’s voice, she stopped hiding behind SinB who she had been left to when Umji went to save Eunha. Rushing forwards, Soeun jumped into Sowon’s arms letting her take them away.

Eunha could only watch as Sowon ran off with Soeun as she helped Umji clear a path to make a tunnel to safety, hopefully it would be easier to catch her where dark creatures were constantly rising from the goo.