chapter 28

I've got cupcakes

When Umji had cleared the dorm of anymore pollen, she had SinB tape a piece of paper over every vent to stop anymore from blowing in. They had a broken window, but she was pretty sure that the concentration of pollen under the vents meant it came from inside. Just in case though, she still wrapped plastic all over the temporary wooden plank they had nailed in.

Eunha who had realized what was going on was helplessly stuck in Sowon’s hug, all they could do was wait for the effects of the pollen to wear off. SinB who had the least exposure because of Umji, had pulled up an encyclopedia, looking up the moreamorea (this doesn’t exist irl don’t attack me), the little description read.

“Similar to the severely poisonous hallucinogenic flower called the Angel’s Trumpet, it has the ability to create a sense of disillusionment, the user will feel affection towards their latest big impression and lethal dosages may result in memory loss or brain damage. Magic users may experience a sense of floating, putting them near their crushes tend to help them from hurting themselves and powerful nature mages are immune to this plant.”

Looking up at Umji who was thinking, SinB breathed in the fresh air generated by her partner, now realizing the scent that Umji often gave off was this pure air. With the lack of any original scent, the brain automatically registers it as something different.

“If we were still breathing it, we could have died.”

“But that would be mass murder.”

“Would that be bad for the bad guys? I don’t think they have morals anymore if they did.”

With the dorm secured, they had no idea about the outside situation, but the girls trusted that their academy’s most populous school, the school of nature, had this under control by now. Umji’s attention drifted back Eunha, who was acting as normal now, where the others still seemed a little fuzzy.

“Eunha unnie, are you, somehow immune to- no she can’t be immune if it affected her for a bit. Do you have any idea why you snapped out of the pollen’s effects?”

Eunha wrung her hands, she had many secrets, but this wasn’t one of them, she really had no clue.

“You think it could be because I’m learning how to handle nature magic as well?”

Umji shook her head.

“If that were true, then Sowon unnie would have been fine as well, unless she isn’t as strong in nature magic? The encyclopedia did say powerful nature mages…maybe you just have an affinity for nature magic?”

An idea hit Eunha, but it wasn’t one she could share. Her hands now caught in Sowon’s larger ones, she had distractedly forgotten about the mark on the back of her right hand. Sowon had rubbed away the makeup she had applied there, now tracing the outline of the mark. Feeling a tingle on her hand, Eunha winced as her mark flared before realizing what Sowon had done. Quickly tucking her hand into her sleeve, Eunha bit her lip nervously.

“I know that mark.”

“Y-you do?”

“I do. That’s a sun, even though to most they would think a moon, it being a crescent shape and all. But it’s an eclipse, isn’t it?”

Eunha panicked slightly, if Sowon knew, then it would support the idea that Sowon was the sun in the prophecy, but this wouldn’t be the place to talk about it. Holding her hand over Sowon’s mouth, she shushed her quietly, hoping the others didn’t notice. She tore her hand away when she felt something wet on her palm, Sowon grinned weirdly, advancing forwards on Eunha.

“Let me kiss you-“

A firm smack to the back of Sowon’s head landed Sowon’s face in Eunha’s chest. Yerin sighed as she put down her rolled up workbook that she had gotten to stop Sowon with.

“I think she’ll come to her senses when she wakes up.”

“Th-thanks.”

“No problem, but man that was weird.”

Yerin was completely revitalized, bouncing around energetically. She even held Yuju’s hand to pull her along with her directionless skipping. Yuju stood in one place, her other hand over her face in an embarrassed gesture as Yerin bounced around her, their hands attached perfectly.

“I really really didn’t think that Yuna thought that way about me!”

“And I really really didn’t want you to know!”

Yerin giggled and cupped Yuju’s cheeks in her hands, rubbing their noses in an eskimo kiss.

“Well, to respond you, I feel almost the exact same way!”

“Almost?”

“Just a little, I think you’re beautiful.”

“Thanks?”

SinB just watched amused, they were coming down from their small high. They were planning that once everyone had a clear mind, they’d go out together in a bubble of Umji’s magic to check out the aftermath. This affected all the students, if not just their block of the dorms. The fact that their school was a target had to be revealed one way or another. A groan sounded and Eunha remained very still as Sowon sat back up, her head throbbing slightly and burned a little.

“What happened? Why does my head hurt?”

She rubbed the sore bump on the back of her head gingerly as Yerin looked away.

“Sowon unnie, there was an illegal pollen diffused in the vents and caused most of us to fall into hallucinations or delusions or became very lovey dovey.”

“And which illegal pollen was it Yewon ah?”

“The moreamorea pollen.”

“The one marked illegal mostly because it made people have indecent thoughts and forced love which is not consent.”

Sowon hummed to herself quietly.

“And can someone tell me what happened for me to be passed out on Eunha’s chest? Not that I’m complaining, she’s very soft but I’m worried about what I did.”

Eunha blushed as Yerin finally explained the mysterious head pain and position Sowon woke up from.

“Oh, well then thanks for hitting me on the head, I would be really upset if I had done something to Eunha after all.”

SinB leaned close to Umji, whispering a thought that she had.

“Do you think your sister’s completely out of the pollen? She seems like a confident flirt.”

“She’s supposed to be cured by now…”

The slight lovely air in the room went away as Sowon sighed, running her hand through her long hair. She gathered all the events together in her head, but none of them were related in any way just yet besides the pink eyes, the possession.

“Let’s go find out what happened outside then shall we?”

Pushing open the door to the dorm, Sowon lead the way as Umji concentrated in filtering the air in the back of the group. A flash of premonition caused Sowon to catch a glimpse of a figure running away, what caught her attention was the familiar pink eyes.

“Another observer? How many more observations until the actual fight I wonder…”

===================

pinkkkkkkkkkk so who do you think is the one doing the possessing though? The headmaster? The supposedly "innocent" man in the jail? The illusionist? or the unidentified figure from the window?