Chapter Five - The Warning Sacrifice

Sasaeng

Sasaeng

Chapter Five – Warning Sacrifice

“Evening, Alice-Noona!” I exited my bedroom at approximately 11 pm, which was the time of my death! Because the first faces I saw the day after the attack were all 7 members of BTS in my living room… all dressed beautifully and looking like they were about to drop from exhaustion. I, however, was barefaced, messy haired and dressed in my Chimmy pyjamas and fluffy pink dressing gown, the one I had sewn on a patch of an Army Bomb… they’ve caught me full army mode… I must retreat!!

“Noona!” Jimin called too… who told him I was older!?!? I froze and looked at my uncle who didn’t meet my eyes.

“I’m only 7 months older” I mumbled quietly, turning to BTS with flushed cheeks. Jimin chuckled and walked over with a tired smile.

“We got you some gifts to say thank you again… here Noona” … … … he was so cute but the fact he calls me noona sends uncomfortable shivers down my spine… Jimin handed me a plastic bag full of convenience store snacks… yummy!!!

“Me and Jin got you some face masks, they’re all our favourites” V came over with another bag, this one was a lot heavier. V paused for a second, looked at my Chimmy pjs and… pouted!?!? “I should have got you TATA ones” he said with regret before giving way for Jungkook, who was quick to hand me yet another bag. This one a lot smaller.

“They’re tickets to our concert, I didn’t have as much time as the others so this is all I can give you. There’s three there so you can bring anyone you want” he gave me an envelope… his handwriting was in perfect English… it was better than mine!!!

“And now for ours” Namjoon approached me, his deep eyes were full of twinkling mischief. “It’s from myself, Yoongi and Hobi” he explained, handing me another envelope… This one much larger and much heavier... Confused, I opened it and came face to face with a contract… what!? WHAT THE ACTUAL ARMY’S TEARS!?!?

“I’m hired?” I looked up at the members, not believing it! “But I’ve only worked one day? And my trial period is three months… I… I don’t know… what to say…” my voice got caught in the frog in my throat. Tears stung at my eyes as I stared at the contract… my first full-time job… I’m a full-time employee???

“We talked to Bang PD-Nim, I really liked your work, I look forward to working with you from now on, Miss Kang” Yoongi held out his hand, keeping our relationship professional… GOOD!!! All this sudden familiarity is too much for my poor Army heart!

“Head Stylist-Noona really liked you too, she wants you to be her trainee” Jungkook came too close, and when I tried to stand back, I tripped over the corner of the wall and found myself falling backwards! I WAS FALLING!! IN FRONT OF BTS!! !!

“WHOA! I got you!” Jimin’s voice suddenly entered my ear as hands caught my arms, pulling back into an upright position. When I opened my eyes, I saw his face WAYYYY TOO BLOODY CLOSE! OH MY GOD!!!

“Thank you!” I said loudly and took SEVERAL steps back! But with how hot my face was, I probably looked like a stop light!

“Times up! Let’s get you back home! Sleep as much as you can, we’re up in 5 hours for the second day!” their manager appeared out of literally nowhere! He was still on the phone and disappeared after a quick goodbye.

“Goodbye Alice-ssi! See you tomorrow” J-Hope cheered happily, and then proceeded to dance out the door… and here I thought he wouldn’t be as dancey in person! CUTE!!! After six more goodbyes, they were gone… Leaving me in my Chimmy pjs, feeling very overwhelmed with the gifts… but as I looked down at my hands... my bandages caught my attention and a thought entered my mind…

‘Is risking my life the smart thing to do?’ I want to keep them safe from their threats… but getting hurt like this… my job is to be a stylist but as an Army… I can’t sit back and let these crazy fans hurt them! Next time, if there is one, I should try and think about it first. Don’t get carried away in the moment and end up hurting yourself!

“Alice?” my uncle snapped me out of my trance, looking at me with a worried expression.

“I’m fine, I’ll take these to my room” I shuffled into my room in my fluffy bunny slippers, and sat on my bed, my hands still full of gifts… what should I use first?

“Good morning, Miss Kang! Or should I say the saviour!” head stylist welcomed me back to work the next morning, announcing the room of my arrival. The rest of the staff, in unison, said their hello and went back to work.

“It’s the final day of filming, you best get ready to be rushed off your feet, my young trainee!” Head-Stylist put her hands on my shoulders and led me to a seat awaiting the members.

“What am I doing today?” I looked up at her, but she just pointed to the clipboard. Oh yeah… instructions are written down… I forgot. I looked closer and noticed I was working with Jimin.

“They’re here! Get ready!” a staff member announced, and then they arrived… looking just as tired as yesterday! Without a word, Jimin sat down and slouched in the chair, ready to go back to sleep. He still had his mask on and bucket hat… what do I do now!? I glanced at the head stylist and saw Jungkook had arrived in the same way. She took his hat off, put it on the table and did the same with the mask.

I looked down at Jimin, it looked like he’d already fallen asleep. His head was dropped forward, and his shoulders raised and fell slowly. Carefully, I slid off his hat, put it on the table and moved to the front of him, reaching for his mask.

“Wait” he grumbled sleepily, his small hand taking my wrist, “please start without taking it off, I’m cold” he asked and let go to fold his arms. Not able to speak after his physical contact, I nodded embarrassed and stood up to have a look at his hair. He had washed it this morning, it was still a little damp. Checking the clipboard, I started!

It was difficult to style when his head was lolling around and his sudden movements in his sleep… I was close to taking a break when one of his managers came over after watching me struggle for the past 20 minutes.

“I’ll help” he chuckled and bent down to hold his head still.

“Huh!? Oh, it’s hyung” Jimin got startled in his sleep, but after realising he was safe, he went straight back to sleep.

“Thank you” I mumbled quietly, and went back to work, trying not to get in too close proximity to the new person. He switched between hands but after another 20 minutes of trying to get his hair to the style needed, we were done and Jimin was ready to move to makeup. His manager shook him awake, massaging the back of his neck.

“Thank you Noona” Jimin croaked and got up from the seat. Only for Yoongi to take his place.

“Alice! Go with Seonguk to the store! We need some more gloves! Shipment is coming today but we’re all out!” the head stylist called over the noise of the room. Although I didn’t know who Seonguk was, I knew better than to tell Head-Stylist no. So, a tall stylist and I left.

“Really now, when will we ever learn to buy more stock, especially this close to release” Seonguk sighed as we walked around the corner… the place where the attack happened. Closing my eyes and clenching my eyes, we walked past the area quickly and got to the market quickly.

“Did she say how many we need?” I asked him, but he shrugged and picked up a hand basket. After collecting all the shelf of glove boxes, we paid with the Head-Stylist’s card and left back to the studio… but soon after we started walking… I felt like someone was behind me… the skin on the back of my neck crawled. Glancing back, I caught the shadow of a person… a young girl in a school uniform.

“We need to run” I whispered to Seonguk, who did a double take at me but turned as white as a sheet and nodded. On the count of three, we wasted no time and sprinted it back to the studio at full speed!

“Alice!” a staff member called as we tumbled into the doorway of the studio, myself dropping the bag of glove boxes all in the entryway. “ALICE COME HERE!” they repeated in a more panicked voice. After exchanging worried looks, we got off the floor and rushed into the room. All the staff were circled around the table. They made a way for us and as we approached, I saw a note written in red and a dirty box on the table.

As I began to read the note, I felt all my blood drain from my face.

KANG ALICE! I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH, YOU FAT UGLY ! I’M COMING FOR YOUR HEAD! YOU MAN STEALING PIG!

-L.A.R

“Jin found it outside, soon after you left” my uncle explained, his brow dripping with sweat. I reached for the box, but everyone stopped me before I could.

“You don’t want to look in there” Head-Stylist warned me, giving me a look of absolute fear.

“What is it?” I asked, my hands now shaking.

“She’s killed a bird, the note was on top of it, she’d put a stone on top to keep it still” my uncle admitted, his voice cracking as he turned me from the table. “You must promise me! That you will never go out on your own! EVER! I’m serious Alice!” he pointed a finger at me… something I never expected from Uncle.

“I promise” I said, but I knew that it was going to take more than just not going out alone… she was personally coming after me… what am I going to do?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

HI! I HOPE YOU LIKED TODAY CHAPTERS, I'VE DECIDED THAT MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY ARE BETTER DAYS THAN MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY, SO THAT WILL BE THE UPLOAD DATES FROM NOW! <3

NEXT TIME: ALICE STRUGGLES WITH THE CONSTANT SUPERVISION, JIMIN HAS A PERSONAL TALK WITH HER AND IT'S HER FIRST DAY ON SET WITH BTS! HOW WILL THINGS GO FOR HER!?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer he he XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx