Chapter Six - Personal Feelings

Sasaeng

Sasaeng

Chapter Six – Personal Feelings

It’s been three days since I was given a contract and I got the warning message from Aera. And it’s been the worst three days of my life! I was supposed to be working but I haven’t been able to leave the house! My uncle told Bang PD-Nim that I was hysterical, and I’ve been too scared to leave my room… I’ve been confined to the apartment against my will!

“Uncle, if I stay here one more day, I’m going to build a rope ladder and climb out the window!” I yelled when I’d had enough! He had come back after a late night with takeaway chicken.

“There’s a crazy nutjob out there trying to kill you. Until she’s caught then you stay here” he said in a stern tone and didn’t look me in the eye as he passed me to the kitchen. I gritted my teeth and followed him, taking the chicken from him.

“I called the office, I’m going to work tomorrow! I’ve not even had a full work day yet! I’ve not been on set and I have my own bills to pay, you know! These are mine!” I stormed off to my room, sat in front of my laptop and finished writing my email to the BigHit office. Even if my uncle and some staff members try to keep me away from harm… THIS IS TOO MUCH!

“I bought three servings of chicken!” Uncle called through my locked door, knocking very lightly. Grabbing one box of chicken, I slammed the door open (almost knocking over my uncle) and threw it at him. “I’m going back to work, go and eat the chicken and think about why I’m mad at you, uncle!” I pointed to the sofa where Hyerin was eating a bowl of popcorn and watching a new episode of a drama.

“Okay” he whimpered and almost tripped as he ran to his girlfriend… I spent the rest of my evening watching YouTube videos and eating chicken in anger. The next morning, I got ready way before my uncle and took a taxi to work, at a studio in Gangnam. All while the ride, I ignored my uncle’s texts and calls.

“I’m already here, hurry up!” I answered him when I was entering the salon, the members were already there.

“NONNA!? You’re working today!?” Jungkook was the first one to welcome me back to work, noticing as I knocked over the coat hanger as I hung my raincoat.

“Yep, my uncle can’t keep me prisoner any longer” I mumbled as I eyed Head-Stylist who was suddenly texting really fast. “I need a new phone contract and I’m paying the fee for housing this week, so I need my paycheck” I smiled at him but froze… why didn’t it feel weird? Why wasn’t I as panicked with talking to him? Strange…

“Alice-ssi, you’re working with me today” Yoongi came over with his clipboard, just a wash, treatment and styling. I followed him to the chair and looked at the condition of his hair… it was very dry…

“I think we should do a double treatment” I advised, running my fingers over the damaged strands. He nodded quietly and we moved to the sink where I washed and began treatment. About 20 minutes later I was starting to dry and style when my uncle walked in.

“Alice! Tomorrow you leave with me! What if Aera had rented that taxi and kidnapped you!” he began but Head-Stylist a clipboard against his chest.

“You! Jungkook! Now!” she said through closed teeth and he was quiet… but didn’t look happy.

“You should be more careful” Yoongi croaked, looking more and more tired the longer the session dragged on. I nodded quietly and went back to work, trying to blank out the world. I just want to earn some money, enjoy my job and not have a day of life and death situations.

“There’s not much to do against someone like Aera, she’s rich and unprotectable, but you can’t stop living” he carried on talking quietly, eyes closed, and arms crossed. I don’t think I’ve heard him talk this much before… “Just be strong and don’t let the sasaengs and haters bully you around” he finished, and quietly fell back to sleep. His shoulders lightly rising and falling, quiet breathing followed, and I finished, leaving him to sleep.

“Alice, take over for me, I need the toilet” Head-Stylist called me over from Jimin’s spot, she was crossing her legs and looking uncomfortable.

“Coming!” I called and tried to rush over but ended up running into someone’s chest. “Sorry!” I apologised and looked up, rubbing my sore nose… and then I turned into stone! The most beautiful looking human being was in front of me.

“Oh, you’re Alice, right?” he asked in a deep voice, looking down with strong dark eyes. WHO WAS THIS PERSON!? A GOD!? “I’m Kim Hyungjoon, I work freelance for BigHit sometimes, nice to meet you” he held out his hand which I took instantly! It was warm, and his hand was huge!

“Meet to nice you… I MEAN NICE TO MEET YOU!!” I stammered, turning bright red. He said goodbye and went to work, and I managed to take over from Head-Stylist. Jimin looked just as tired as Suga, bags hung from under his eyes.

“Alice…” he suddenly said soon after I began, I was running serum through the ends of his hair. I looked at him through the mirror, his eyes stared into mine and he hesitated but carried on talking. “Are you okay?” he asked with the most sincerity I’ve seen.

“I think I will be” I answered honestly, “but right now I’m just trying to get through the day” I said while turning my attention back to his hair.

“Aren’t you scared?” he asked again, with the same honest tone.

“Um…” I thought it over and sighed. “I am, I’m scared of getting hurt, I’m scared of not being useful, I’m scared of… her getting past me and hurting you guys” my voice was barely audible, only Jimin could hear it.

“Sasaengs like her can’t be gotten rid of easily. We’ve got a fair few as well, working in KPOP isn’t easy. The s who we can end up working with and the types of crooked people will have you wondering if this type of place you can work in…” he looked up at me through the mirror and gave me a wary smile. “Are you sure you can work with idols while in the KPOP world?” the words were exactly what I’d been thinking of for the past few days…

“We’re on set in an hour!” the set manager came in the room to remind us, and then left as soon as he arrived.

“It could get busy today, we’re filming the dance scenes” Jimin warned me, watching me with tired eyes.

“JIMIN! HURRY UP!” the makeup artist came running in, her forehead beading with sweat. “We only have half your makeup done!” she was glaring at her watch and then at me.

“I’ll be a few minutes” I reassured her, and then quietly finished Jimin’s hair. After that, I woke up Yoongi and we both went onto set. It was HUGE! A green room with a model of a temple in the middle. A bustle of staff shuffled around the room with things to do, various cameras were on standby. Tables of equipment and chair scattered around the room.

“45 MINUTES!” the set manager reminded the staff and went back into the corridor to remind everyone else.

“I hope you’re ready for today” Yoongi warned me, sitting down on a chair and looked through his phone. “I want to go home” he yawned and looked at himself in the camera, checking his hair… why is everyone warning me about working on set? What is going to happen?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

HI! SORRY THERE'S NOT MUCH BTS IN THIS CHAPTER, I'M REALLY TIRED AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SPEND MUCH TIME WRITING. BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! NEXT TIME: ALICE TRIED TO KEEP UP WITH THE HECTIC FILMING DAY, BTS INVITE HER FOR A MEAL AND ONE OF THE MEMBERS MAKES A STRANGE REQUEST!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer he he XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx