Chapter Twenty-Two

Sasaeng

Sasaeng – Chapter Twenty-Two

Eye of the Storm

 

'These are the final words of Lee Aera

I confess to everything against me. I killed Manager Kang. I plotted to kill Kang Alice and her family. And I confess to wanting to harm the members of BTS. But I don’t regret a single thing! And even as I take my own life, I know that my work will carry on.

I belong to a group of what you would call ‘Sasaengs’ and we believe that the members belong to everyone, and if someone tries to take them away, they should be killed! They have already made plans against Alice.

But since you beat me, I’ve decided to give you a heads up. So, Alice, you have three days until a planned attack on your family and the BTS members. This one you won’t be able to stop. Leave the members alone, and the attack will be called off.

Go back to England, Kang Alice, because if BTS can’t belong to everyone, then no one will have them!

Now, as for my parents!'

As I finished reading the note, I turned to the officer who took it from me and returned it to the plastic bag. I looked at my parents who were holding Lily between them. And just when I thought that my life would somehow return to normal…

“Until you decide on what you’re going to do, we will be putting you under police protection. The rooms to the front and either side will be stationed with armed officers. You will be accompanied every time you leave the room” Officer Kim shook hands with me and my parents before turning to leave. But then she stopped and gave me one last look.

“It’s been an experience working on this case, but with more people like Lee Aera… the only advice I can give you is to leave Korea. I wish you the best of luck, Miss Kang” and she left…

“What are we going to do? We’re scheduled for a home viewing in the morning” my mother looked up to my dad… who had already decided the safety of his family was paramount!

“We’re cancelling it, and we’re going to back England, you too Alice!” he said in English as he took one of the suitcases from the corner of the room and started folding clothes from the wardrobe into the case.

“Dad, I need to think about this first! I can’t just leave my life here! Not after everything that happened!” I tried but one look from my father’s protective face and I knew that I would have better luck talking to a brick wall!

“I’m going back to my room” I muttered before leaving their room to mine next door. The officer outside looked startled but gave me a polite nod as I walked to my room. Once inside my phone buzzed as I saw Jimin was calling me. Taking a deep breath to calm my anger, I answered it.

“Hello, Alice! We’re on our way! We have food!” was all he said and then put the phone down… huh? They’re coming here? I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair had dried in a curly mess and I looked like I’d been hit by a truck… and the baggy clothes I was in, buried me like a tent!

But before I could even reach my wardrobe of new clothes, there came a knock at my door.

“Sorry to disturb you, Miss Kang but the members of BTS are here to see you!” the officer called. I looked down at myself and sighed. Painfully tucking the cami top into the flowing trousers to give me even the hint of a waist and loosely tying my hair half up. I answered the door and were greeted by the seven faces of BTS.

“We bought chicken!” Jungkook beamed, holding up a bag of steaming food. They bundled inside the single room and started unpacking the food. The officer looked at me to see if it was okay.

“They’re okay, but please keep an eye out. I don’t know if the Sasaeng group will be watching” I nodded to the officer whose hand was twitching for his weapon. He looked scared as he saw my wounds but returned to his post. Alert and ready for anything.

“Alice! Hurry!” Jin called from the room. I looked to the officer… I walked over to the drinks fridge and took out a bottle of water. Returning to the officer I offered it to him.

“Thank you, Miss Kang,” he gave me a slight smile and accepted it with both hands. He was young, maybe a couple of years older than me but about a foot taller! He was very cute, round featured and doe-eyed. Thinking of him standing between us and a group of Aera’s was scary to think about…

“Here” Jimin patted the space on the bed between him and Taehyung who was already eating a chicken leg. I sat down and reached for the chicken… I didn’t really have an appetite but since they bought food for me, I couldn’t deny it.

“I’m so happy you’re okay” Hoseok reached and gently patted the top of my head. “We were so worried when you went missing” he looked to Jimin who cleared his throat between his food chewing. J-Hope went back to eating and avoided my eyes… what’s going on? After a few seconds of silence, Yoongi sighed and stood up. He walked a few steps but froze and turned to me.

“We went to your house and you weren’t there. We got Manager-Hyung to open the door, your house has been trashed” Yoongi blurted before Jimin could stop him. I looked to the members who were staring at Suga in shock.

“Hyung!” Taehyung started but Namjoon also stood up. What was going on?

“We went to the police and they tracked your phone to the shop” he revealed, looking very serious. “Alice, why did you go with her? You could have died” Namjoon knelt in front of me and looked at my face.

“She was going to kill my parents, I had no choice” I revealed in a quiet voice… I felt like a three-year-old that’s been caught drawing on the walls… I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Jimin looking at me with his beautifully kind eyes.

“I should have stayed with you” he said with a sad face. This is the first time I’ve seen him look so upset.

“You couldn’t have known this would happen!” I said urgently as I could feel his guilt. “You had a concert so you couldn’t have stayed until I was done” I tried to ease his guilt, but he looked to Yoongi who sighed.

“We didn’t sleep anyway, I don’t think any of us have slept for the past three days… and with recording the new show, I think last night is the first night in days we’ve slept” Yoongi sighed and joined Namjoon in front of me. And then I was surrounded by 7 very worried faces.

“Alice, you’ve become a very important friend to us” Taehyung said from the other side of me.

“You are part of the team now” Jungkook smiled brightly at me, Hoseok next to him nodded and put his arms around his shoulder.

“So, the next time you’re in danger, you can count on us, okay?” Jin said giving me a finger heart. At that moment, I felt so happy! Being with the members, I felt a sort of feeling I never expected. As an ARMY from the beginning, it was a struggle to even be in the same room as them… but now months on… I felt like I belonged somewhere.

The members have become someone I wanted to protect. Someone I felt so protective over… but now there’s just one thing I can do to keep them safe.

“Thank you” I couldn’t help but smile at their honest faces. And emotion bubbled up in me as tears began to fall down my face.

“Alice! Are you okay!? What’s wrong!?” Jimin began to panic. I smiled at them while crying.

“Nothing is wrong. I just feel so happy” I confessed, and an audible sigh of relief came from the room.

“Really now, you’re so difficult to understand” Yoongi muttered as he got back to his feet to go back to the food. After that, we enjoyed the food. Listened to music. Talked and talked. And as the food disappeared, the managers came for the members and they began to leave the room accompanied by the police of safety. Until there was only Jimin left.

“Finally” he sighed when the door close behind Jungkook. He walked over to me, gently took my face in his small hands, and kissed me softly. Careful not to hurt me. “I thought I lost you” he breathed as he held me gently, his hands barely touching me.

“You saved me, in more ways than one” I gave him a teary smile, taking in his face while I could. His long lashes. His full lips. His warmness that filled me with calmness. I’m going to miss it.

“Thank goodness I got there in time” he sighed, pulling away. His hands fell to mine and he looked down at them. “I don’t want to let you go ever again” Jimin mumbled just as a knock came from the door… the manager has come to collect him. He grumbled and leaned down to kiss me softly, longingly before stepping away.

“I love you” he whispered, letting go of my hand. He walked backwards towards the door, not taking his eyes off me.

“I love you too…” I hesitated, but smiled as best I could and said, for the last time…

 

“Goodbye”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

YAYYYYY! MY INTERNET IS BACK! SO HAPPY I GOT TO UPLOAD THIS CHAPTER! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

THERE'S ONLY TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT FOR SEASON 1! WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR ALICE KANG AND BTS??? ANYWAYS, NEXT TIME: ALICE PACKS UP WHAT LITTLE SHE HAS. HER FAMILY BOOKS THEIR TICKETS FOR ENGLAND. AND A TEARFUL GOODBYE LEAVES ALICE BROKEN.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COUNTDOWN TO SEASON 1 FINALE: 2 CHAPTERS

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx