Chapter Fourteen - Love Conquers Evil

Sasaeng

Sasaeng - Chapter Fourteen

Love Conquers Evil

“Those going on tour need to sign the contracts by tomorrow, there’s only a select number of places. Jung Seohyun and Kang Alice have already been given places, but we still need at least another five from hair and six from makeup. The clothing stylists are already accounted for…” the head stylist was starting to close the meeting, gathering her things from the table and packing them in her bag.

“…Starting tomorrow, it’s going to be beyond busy! That’s why I want you all to get some sleep tonight and I want my team at the salon bright and early! That is all!” and then everyone got from their seats and started chatting.

“So, you’re going?” Hyungjoon turned to me with gossip on the tip of his tongue.

“Yeah, I didn’t think you would be interested” added Jeongha, who was on the other side of me. She was almost fully healed after the attack, if there was bruising under her makeup, you couldn’t tell, and the swelling was very minimal.

“I need the busyness of the tour” I told them as I got to my feet.

“Where are you going? Aren’t we going to a café to talk about the tour!? If your going so am I!” called Hyungjoon, starting to get up after me.

“Me too! You’re not leaving me behind!” Jeongha yelled above the loudness of the now hectic business floor. But the second I got out the door… BTS was already there… smiling at me… Jimin had told them.

“So where are we going tonight? To the BBQ place before? Or do you want to try a place close to home?” J-Hope was in full force question mode, he looked like he was dying to party. I looked to Jimin for help.

“Hyung, I will plan everything” he answered him, picking a bar close to the member’s apartment complex. It was big enough to fit everyone that wanted to come… there was a lot who overheard in the hallway… and so a small celebration turned into a huge staff gathering.

“Sorry, Alice” Jimin apologised as we took the elevator down to the practice room. They invited me to their practice.

“It’s okay, the more the merrier” I lied, feeling the urge to find a dark corner to hide in until tomorrow. And Jimin could tell. He avoided my eyes and I could physically feel the regret. When we got into the practice room there was already staff waiting for them.

“Noona, can you please film?” Jungkook came over, taking his jacket off as he approached… this kid was built! More than I’ve seen online! I nodded with a bright red face and took his phone. When I looked up, I saw Jimin over by the sound system watching me with an expressionless face. Did I do something?

I held up the phone as the music started and watched them through the screen as I recorded them. After they did it once, Jungkook came over and took the phone. He was slightly sweaty and barely out of breath.

“Thank you, Noona” he smiled and sat down next to me, watching it. While I’ve been working for BTS, which isn’t that long since Aera, I forget how old Jungkook actually is. Barely out of being a teenager.

As I look down at him critically watching the video, I could see him more clearly without the pressures of eye contact. The blemishes on his skin, the tired bags under his young eyes, the stress of idol life tensing in his strong shoulders…

STOP BEING WEIRD! I snapped out of it and instantly looked away, looking anywhere else but BTS’s Jungkook… but then they fell on Jimin and I wished I didn’t look up. He was stood with Taehyung and Namjoon, watching their own videos they’d propped up against the mirror. But then he left them and walked over to me.

“Can I talk with you a minute?” he asked in a low voice. Jungkook looked up for a second to see who he was talking to but went back to monitoring. I nodded and went with him outside the room for privacy.

“What’s the matter?” I asked, worried that I’d done something to upset him. He moved closer so that the members couldn’t see us through the window in the door… to close! Too close! Too close!

“Tonight…” he hesitated, taking a second to compose his thoughts. “We need to talk tonight… this isn’t the place for it so…” he paused again but looked down at my hands. “I will pick you up tonight, so we can talk before you get swept up” I felt his warm fingers coil around mine, his movements were cautious and slow, but I could see the struggle in his face.

“Okay. But Jimin…” I began but he cut me off with a shake of his head. His eyes bore into mine with so much emotion.

“Tonight” he smiled and looked around the alcove we were in. “Please, don’t tell me anything until later” his hand left mine and rose to brush a lock of hair from my eyes. It lingered near my ear… this was all too stimulating! I was letting myself get swept away! My brain cut off and I found myself exchanging longing looks with him…

“Alice” Jimin breathed and ducked his head towards me… I need to stop him… but my body wouldn’t listen to me…

“Jimin hyung?” we both froze as Jungkook’s voice came from the practice room. He shot back and covered his mouth in shock.

“I’m so sorry” his voice came muffled from behind his mouth, and without another word, he went back into the room… leaving me in the alcove. My heart beating crazy in my chest and my breaths were erratic. He was about to… was he about to… okay… I need to leave…

“You’re leaving Alice?” Jin whined as he saw me gather my things. All but one pair of eyes looked my way.

“Yeah, I need to get some more things for my apartment. I’ll see you all later” I fled for the door before any of the others tried to stop me. The manager was just coming down the hall as I was leaving.

“You’re leaving already? I thought you were going to stay for a bit?” he asked but took one look at my face and sighed. “Got too much?” he asked rhetorically and we both got back into the elevator. As we drove back to the apartment, the event that just happened wouldn’t leave my head.

The way that he looked at me. The way he leaned down and was just inches from my face. The smell of him washed over me as he moved closer. STOP IT! NO! I CAN’T THINK THAT WAY! I’m a fan, that’s all I am! I’m an Army and this isn’t what a decent Army does!

And what is Aera going to do if she found out he thought that way? She murdered my uncle for me just being around BTS… this is too dangerous! It can’t happen! This can’t be happening!

“Alice? We’re here” the manager snapped me out of my trance. I looked out the car to see we were already home. Shaking my head, I got out of the car and followed the manager into the apartment. He checked through the rooms to check for danger and stood awkwardly in the kitchen.

“Are you okay?” he finally asked as he watched me sit on the sofa and not moving in thought. I nodded without speaking and his patience ran out. “Okay, well, bye” he waved lazily and left. And for about 20 minutes, I just sat there. My thoughts trying to sort themselves out.

My phone dinged, jolting me out of my existential crisis. I checked who it was and saw a text from Jimin.

‘I will be there at 7 x’

I looked at the clock. It was 4 pm. I had three hours to get ready. I guess I should start with a shower.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As 6:45 rolled around, I had a shower, done my makeup, curled and styled my hair, got dressed 5 different times and brushed my teeth twice. I didn’t have the stomach to eat. I was feeling sick with nerves. And Jimin was going to be here any minute.

I found myself pacing around my living room and checking myself in the floor length mirror in the entryway. It was almost 7 when my doorbell rang and Jimin’s face appeared on my security camera… .

“Hello” I greeted him quietly as I opened the door and came face to face with him.

“Hello” he replied and came inside. He took his shoes off and walked into my living area. It was ear-splitting silence as he looked around and anxiously avoided my eyes.

“Do you want a drink?” I asked, heading for the kitchen. He shook his head… this is so awkward! Gosh, this is just so weird!

“Alice” he suddenly said my name as I gulped a glass of water. I nodded and turn to him, but he was already stood right behind me. My sink was in the corner of the kitchen and he had stood so I was in the corner. He put his hands on the countertops on either side of me. I was trapped.

“I need you to listen to me” he pleaded, his hands gripping the counters so hard his hands were turning white. I nodded but looked to the side of me, not able to meet his eyes… after what happened before.

“These past few weeks I have been trying to keep myself under control. Trying not to overwhelm you and to give you some room” oh no, I don’t like where this is going. “You’re all I ever think about and it’s driving me crazy…” he started but I didn’t want to hear it. I shook my head, backing myself into the corner so I was practically becoming one with the kitchen sides.

“Jimin, you can’t” I whimpered, continuing to shake my head. I put a hand on his shoulder to push him back, but he wouldn’t move. “Aera, she’s…” I began but he cut me off and snorted a laugh.

“I don’t give a what Aera does…” he took my hand and cradled it in both of his. He looked down at where the scar had turned white on my wrist. The look of pain on his face ripped my heart in two. He brought it up to his lips and kissed it softly. The next words that he said, shocked me to my very core.

 

“…Because I love you…”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

HE SAID IT! THIS CHAPTER IS PART ONE AND I MAY UPLOAD PART TWO LATER TONIGHT. I WANTED TO FIT MORE IN BUT IT WAS JUST TOO LONG. NEXT TIME: JIMIN AND ALICE BARE ALL THEIR FEELINGS BUT WILL THEY BE ABLE TO OVERCOME THEIR FEARS?. THE MOVING PARTY HAS AN UNEXPECTED END, AS UNINVITED GUESTS SHOW UP TO RUIN THE EVENING!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx