Chapter Sixteen - IDOL

Sasaeng

Sasaeng – Chapter Sixteen

IDOL

“A manhunt is underway for the missing murderer, Lee Aera. She has been named as the killer of Mr Kang in the – apartment fire last month. She is also the suspect of a shooting that happened in the late hours of last night.”

“Miss Lee’s parents have refused to cooperate with the police and will not be giving any statements to the press. Mr Lee, the father, is the CEO of – Industries, which has declared bankruptcy overnight, following the allegations of his daughter. We will continue to bring you news on this matter, as the search continues…”

I watched the news as I ate my breakfast the day after the shooting… I felt shocking! I hardly slept and the alcohol still hadn’t left my system… It was only 6 hours later. As I looked out at the window, I could see the sky starting to turn lighter… today was going to be tougher than I thought.

“Unnie” my little sister, Lily, came from my bedroom in her fluffy pink PJ’s… she cried for me when my parents had told her about the shooting. So, they brought her over at midnight so she could sleep over. She was rubbing her tired eyes as she shuffled into the living room.

I was 16 when Lily was born. I’d never wanted a sibling, but I couldn’t have seen my life any other way. It feels like I suddenly blinked and now she was 7… and with her living in England with our parents, it’s going to be difficult. She came over and flopped onto the sofa and yawned.

“It’s 5 am. Manager is picking us up in half an hour” I turned to tell her, but she was already asleep… she must be exhausted… I brushed away her copper hair from her face and watched her sleep for a couple minutes. She was my double only with lighter features. Paler skin. Copper curls. And her hazel eyes were striking. But everything else was the same as mine, only smaller.

About 20 minutes later I finished getting ready, and Manager came to pick us up, looking very hungover but better than I thought he would. I carried Lily into the car, she barely stirred.

“She’s so cute” manager smiled when he first saw her. Turns out Manager was married and had a little girl of his own. It was weird to see him in such a broody way. “I’ve asked my wife for another baby but she’s happy with just one” he sighed and moped as we dropped Lily off at the hotel with my parents.

“Good luck” I cheered him on, making him blush and shush me, embarrassed. But turned to me and smiled.

“I will work hard” he held up a power fist and looked to a picture on the dash of the car. Manager, his wife and young daughter. They’re a cute family. His daughter looked just like him, and his wife looked so happy.

“Today is going to be so busy, I hate comeback weeks” he went back to moping again… his emotions are all over the place today. “The music video is coming out in a few hours, the pre-recording of the comeback stage, tomorrow is the first day of the tour, we’re flying out to America in a few days and there are the interviews” he sighed, and we pulled up inside the parking under the studio… today is going to be tough.

“I’ll be right back” Manager said when we walked towards the elevator. I’d never been to this studio before, so I needed Manager to walk me around. “I need to drop something off at the office, don’t move!” he pointed a finger at me as I started to protest. He left me at the elevator doors and left for the main entrance.

About 30 seconds later a car pulled into a vacant spot and a man in a smart suit got out. He looked around, saw me and started walking towards me. Panic set in as he picked up the pace, starting in a jog. ! There was no time to think as he sprinted at me. I snapped my eyes shut and braced myself.

‘I’m going to die!’ I thought… but the footsteps stopped, and I peeked up to see the man towering over me. He was huge! He looked down at me with small beady eyes. He reached into his pocket and took out a large envelope.

“Lee Aera sent me. She told me to give you this and not lay a hand on you…” his voice was booming! Deep and gruff. “You’re the reason my brother is in jail… but killing your uncle was more than enough payback…” he revealed… He killed my uncle? But I saw Aera kill him…

“I look forward to your future, Miss Kang” he grinned at me… I was pissed! Angrier then I’d ever been in my life! He murdered him!? This bastard!? “That’s a beautiful face you have there. You look like a ferocious kitten” the man moved his large face closer to me. But I didn’t move. There was a sound behind us, and he paused. Turned to look around slightly, saw nothing and returned to me.

“Watch it” he shoved the envelope in my hands and started back towards the car he came in. There were two other men in the car. The second he closed the door, the car sped off and I was left reeling in front of the elevator.

“Alice?” the manager’s voice came from an unknown place. I looked around and saw him step out from behind the pillar. He saw it.

“Don’t tell anyone about this. The police won’t be able to help, and I will just end up worrying everyone” I warned the manager as the elevator took us up. He didn’t look happy about it but nodded and eyed the envelope still in my hand.

“What is it?” he asked, nodding to it. I shoved it in my bag and shrugged.

“I don’t know. Probably another warning” I mumbled angrily as the doors opened. Head-Stylist was waiting for us… she looked like a walking zombie. A slight shade of green. Dark eye bags under her makeup. Her eyes were slightly bloodshot. And she had a large coffee in her hand.

“The members will be here in 15 minutes. Hurry” she said in a hard, low voice. Rolling her exhausted eyes, she spun around slowly and led us to the room… when I say that I was in KPOP heaven… that was an understatement…

“Jay-hyung!” called Bobby from Ikon. I watched, wide-eyed, as the whole group walked past. Barefaced and dressed in loungewear… I held in my need to run the other way when June’s eyes met mine… BIAS ALERT! WARNING! GOD, HE’S GORGEOUS! OH MY GOD!

“Unnie! Come with me to the canteen!” Joy from Red Velvet suddenly exited a room, in full makeup and stage outfit. Seulgi then followed and I almost had a heart attack when I saw the door to EXO.

“Hurry” I told Manager under my breath. He saw my panicked face and quickly overtook Head-Stylist who was now rubbing her temples. The second I entered the room for BTS… I wished I could go back to England.

A room full of people, all looking half dead, were packed in and rushing around to prep for the members. It smelled of coffee and hangover medicine.

“ETA, 8 MINUTES!” a staff member announced, he was on the phone and was sweating slightly. I followed Head-Stylist towards the work station and helped set up the equipment. The next 8 minutes felt like seconds, and then they arrived. Followed by another swarm of managers and staff.

“Okay, team! We’ve got 2 hours!” announced another staff member… one I’d never seen before. He looked around, towering over all the others, and noticed me. His expression hardened, and without saying a word to me, turned and left.

“Morning” Jimin was the first to greet me… he didn’t look hungover at all… in fact none of the members do. “Is everything okay?” he asked. His eyes watched me worriedly, and I felt his hand gently against mine. But he didn’t take it, aware of the people around us.

“I’m okay, you best hurry” I gave him a reassuring smile and lightly pushed him towards a waiting stylist. Yoongi was with me again. I expected him to fall asleep, as usual. But as I carefully, but quickly, worked with his hair, I glanced in the mirror and was shocked to see him wide awake and staring at me.

“Alice, what’s wrong?” he asked quietly so only I could hear him. I shook my head and gave him the same smile as I did to Jimin… but he wasn’t having any of my faking. “Is it about yesterday? Are you okay?” Suga’s eyes bore into mine.

“It’s about everything. I think it’s a sensitive day” I told him, looking down at my hands as I worked. His roots were growing out. It wasn’t noticeable since the colour was dark, but it would need to be re-dyed soon.

“Anxiety is a , isn’t it” he sighed, and I looked up to see him now cross-armed and eyes closed. He was now ready to sleep. After Yoongi was done, I moved onto Jungkook who was playing with his food as I called him. He was in a good mood this morning… which was shocking after what happened yesterday.

“Alice! Your phone is ringing!” Head-Stylist called from the other end of the room as I was finishing a fidgeting Jungkook. He looked up with puppy eyes and gave me an adorable smile… SO CUTE! I couldn’t help but pat his head as I moved to Head-Stylist. It was Hyerin calling.

“Unnie!? Are you okay!?” I called over the noise as I left the room to the hallway… which wasn’t that much better but Jimin was already there, talking with a staff member from the makeup team… who looked annoyed as she listened to Jimin.

“But can’t you add a little more?” I heard him ask, but she shook her head and left him to watch her with a sad pout… which vanished when he saw me. Beaming, he ran over and leaned against the wall, watching me smiling eyes.

“Hi, Alice! I just had my doctor’s appointment! I have an announcement!” she sounded emotional, she’s been crying, and I could hear her parents cheering in the background.

“What is it!?” I called over the bustling voices around me.

“I’m having a boy! Oppa is the father of a boy!” she cried loudly. I felt a swell of emotion in my chest as the sudden news sunk in. My uncle’s baby… is a boy!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

HI! SORRY IT'S A LITTLE LATE, BUT AFTER BTS ANNOUNCED THEY WERE COMING BACK TO ENGLAND TO PERFORM AT WEMBLEY... I KINDA LOST MY !! OMG I'M SO EXCITED! LET THE HUNGER GAMES FOR TICKETS BEGIN!! 

ANYWAY! NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE TOMORROW SINCE I WASN'T ABLE TO FINISH IT BECAUSE OF THE SPEAK YOURSELF NEWS! BUT NEXT TIME: ALICE WATCHES THE VIDEO AERA SENT HER... AND IT'S HARD TO TAKE IN. AND AERA ATTENDS THE FIRST CONCERT OF THE LOVE YOURSELF TOUR IN SEOUL! LET THE TOUR BEGIN!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx