Goodbye

Sasaeng

Sasaeng – Chapter Twenty-Three

Goodbye

“The flights are booked for tomorrow, make sure everything is packed” my father told me as he closed the door to my hotel room. He looked exhausted, I’m pretty sure he didn’t sleep last night, trying to get everything ready for the return to England. I’ve already told Bang PD-Nim... he wasn’t happy about me leaving and tried to get me to stay, saying I’m an important member of the team.

I have yet to tell the members… I didn’t know how to tell them… especially Jimin… I was dreading it…

“Sis?” Lily was in my bed with me, cuddling against me warmly.

“Hm?” I hummed as I turned the lamp off and got under the covers. Holding my little sister as she yawned.

“You’re coming home with us, aren’t you?” she said in a croaky tired voice. I nodded and looked down at her small features. She looked as tired as the rest of us… all this must be confusing for her…

“That guy, Jimin, is he your boyfriend?” she suddenly asked… I froze…

“What?” I muttered, looking at her wide-eyed. She grinned and got to her knees to retrieve her phone. And then she showed me a photo. It was of Jimin carrying me out the auto shop.

“Uncle Jin sent it to me. They all came down when you were asleep in the hospital. They’re all really nice…” she paused and laid next to me again, “Jimin kissed your hand!” she giggled giddily poked me, trying to tickle me.

“You little!” I laughed as I joined in attacking. When we both stopped, I took her phone and looked at the second photo… I was in the hospital bed, Jimin was next to me in the chair. He was holding my hand against his mouth, his eyes closed with a pained look on his face… he was beautiful…

“No, Lil, he’s not my boyfriend. I’m just his fan, and that’s all it will ever be” I sighed and sent the photo to my phone and deleted it off hers. These photos shouldn’t be so easily found, if she kept them, she could show anyone.

“Don’t you love him?” she yawned again, her little giddy spell gone. Then she closed her eyes and very quickly nodded off. I sighed again, looking at the photo…

“Yes, I do. But it’s too dangerous, so I can’t love him” I muttered to myself before putting my phone down and closing my eyes. Feeling small movements from Lily in her sleep, I cuddled her and listened to her slow breathing until I fell asleep.

The next morning, I texted the members that I was coming over to their apartment. They didn’t know I was going to say goodbye, and I had only ten minutes with them until they needed to go off to their schedule and I had a flight to catch.

“Hello, Officer Jung” I greeted the young police officer who was standing outside the hotel room. He nodded with a polite smile. “Ready to go?” I asked him, putting my denim jacket on. I was still in a lot of pain and needed to walk slowly.

“After you, Miss Kang” he motioned me to lead and we got in the elevator. My parents had already left for the airport, along with all my things. I guess there was no going back now… Now all that’s left is to tell BTS…

“Can you wait outside?” I asked Officer Jung who looked at me in the mirror. He didn’t look happy. “They have a lot of security, I’m pretty sure the Sasaengs won’t be getting into the complex” I gave him a reassuring smile and he sighed but nodded and pulled up outside their complex. He helped me out the unmarked police car and walked me to the door. It burst open and BTS were all crowded around the entrance in a mess of noise and questions.

“Guys! Just let her in!” Namjoon over the noise. And then there was quiet. And they separated to let me in.

“Noona, why are you here? What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked first as I took my shoes off. They brought me to the living area, and everyone sat down. Jimin wasn’t here…

“Where’s Jimin?” I asked them, looking around.

“He had to leave first since he takes the longest. He needs to have his hair touched up too” Taehyung revealed, sitting on the edge of the sofa uneasy with my sudden appearance.

“This might be easier to tell you, then…” I muttered quietly and sat up painfully straight and braced myself. “I’m going back to England” I announced. There was a second of silence before a mess of questions surrounded me.

“What!?” “Why!?” “You’re going where!?” “Please don’t go!”

“Aera isn’t the only extremist Sasaeng. There’s a group of them and they’ve planned an attack against you, my friends and my family. They won’t attack if I leave. I can’t go through it all over again. I wish I could stay” my voice cracked as emotion bubbled up inside me… this is too difficult! Saying bye to the members! This is the last time I’m going to see them!

“No” Hoseok sighed, putting his hands in his face, shocked by the sudden news.

“This can’t be happening” Jin shook his head, looking to Namjoon who was already thinking of something. Thinking of a way I could stay.

“You don’t have to go, there’s got to be something we can do” Namjoon said, standing up and pacing around.

“My flight leaves in an hour. My parents are waiting for me at the airport” I sniffled, feeling the stinging of tears as I looked down at my feet… I didn’t have the courage to look at them. “I don’t want to go” I whimpered, holding my shaking body as I fought back the emotions.

“Then don’t go!” Jungkook begged, leaning down to look me in the eye. “Please don’t go” he asked in a pleading voice. His eyes were wide and shiny with tears.

“I’m sorry, please tell Jimin for me” I turned to Namjoon who was still pacing.

“We will” Yoongi finally spoke. I looked next to me at him.

“Thank you” I broke down, feeling relief from not having to tell the man I love that I was leaving forever, and sadness from leaving the people I’d come to call not only my idols but also my friends. After many more tears, from not only me, I was walked to the door by the members.

“Can you give this to Jimin?” I said, holding a letter in an envelope addressed to Jimin. “I wrote it in case I chickened out of saying goodbye to him” I handed it to Namjoon, who had a look… a strange look I didn’t understand, but he nodded, and Officer Jung helped me back in the car. As we pulled away, I looked back at the waving members, burning their image into my memory.

At the airport, I was reunited with my family. Police there to make sure everything was safe. And we boarded the flight…

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“HYUNG!” Jungkook called after me but I was already gone! Her letter in my hand! Her goodbye!

“! She’s not answering! I’M GOING TO GET HER BACK!” I yelled behind me as I jumped into the car manager was already inside. The members were following, but I got in the van and locked the doors.

“JIMIN! IT’S TOO LATE!” Yoongi-Hyung shouted at me, trying to open the door. I shook my head and Manager-Hyung sped off to the airport. I looked down at the letter. I was shaking. My mind was blank apart from one thought… ‘I need to stop Alice from leaving!’.

“How could she just leave like that?” Manager-Hyung said angrily, sitting uneasily in the driver’s seat.

“She said it’s because of these Sasaengs. It’s one last ditch effort of Aera’s to make her leave! The !” I spat through my teeth. “Hurry Hyung!” I said urgently. I feel so helpless! The members said her flight leaves soon… I hope to god we’re not too late! As the airport came into view, I reached for my seatbelt, ready to run!

“Ready!?” Manager-Hyung asked as I covered my face with a mask and pulled my hood up over my head… no one better recognise me! “GO!” he yelled as he slammed on the breaks! I threw open the door and shot into the airport! Flying through the entrance and ran towards the gate for London, which was shown on the board for leaving soon!

 

I NEED TO GET TO HER!

DON’T LEAVE ALICE!

PLEASE! JUST WAIT FOR ME!

I’M COMING!

 

As I approached the gate for the flight, I saw it was almost empty! The flight was already boarded. The staff by the gate were already closing the doors.

“Wait!” I called to them, but it was too late!

As I looked outside, I saw the plane was already leaving for the runway.

“No!” I could barely speak... My legs gave way as I watched helplessly as she moved further and further away from me…

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

SO... SEMI-FINALE IS HERE! ALICE HAS LEFT KOREA AND HAS GIVEN UP HER LOVE AND HAPPINESS! JIMIN WAS TOO LATE TO BRING HER BACK! WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE SEASON 1 FINALE!? YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WEDNESDAY FOR THE FINAL CHAPTER!

NEXT TIME: ???

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COUNTDOWN TO SEASON 1 FINALE: 1 CHAPTER!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx