Chapter Twenty-One - Aftermath

Sasaeng

Sasaeng - Chapter Twenty-One

Aftermath

“Two broken ribs, burns, various cuts and bruises. You’re very lucky that was all you sustained. It’s going to take up to a couple of months for your ribs. The burns are going to scar, and that knife wound on your thigh. You might also get a scar from the gash on your head. After last night’s observation, I feel very happy about discharging you” the female doctor who had taken care of me gave me a friendly smile before leaving me in my hospital room with my parents.

I was given a private room since the journalists and reporters have been trying to sneak into the hospital to get my story. The news that a member of staff working for a big idol group was kidnapped and attacked by a sasaeng… they just don’t have my identity or that of the company I worked for.

“I’ll go to get you some clothes, I’ll be right back” my mum came to me, kissed the top of my head and gave me a pained look… hesitated before kissing my dad and leaving. Since I arrived at the hospital with Jimin, I’ve not been left alone, and I’ve not seen Jimin since he was whisked away by the managers… he must be freaking out.

“Dad” I coughed! Not able to take a breath without being in pain. That’s if I could even take a breath since my lungs felt like they were half the size. He rushed to me from the chair in the corner.

“What’s wrong Honey?” he asked in a worried voice, gently tucking my blankets around my legs.

“I need a shower” I nodded to the door leading to the attached shower room. I haven’t been able to shower since I was under observation. He left to tell a nurse, my dressings and stitches would be a big problem…

After the nurse helped me with my bandages and showed me how to shower without irritating them, I hissed at the stinging from the many cuts and grazes I’d been dealt. Unfortunately, I couldn’t stay in the shower long and my mother peeked her head around the door of the shower room with my clothes and a hospital towel… didn’t look soft at all.

“As the doctor’s orders, light and loose clothing” she held up a pair of black flowy trousers and a dusty rose cami top. With it some underwear but no shoes… guess its hospital slippers for me… stylish…

“Thank you, mum” I said weakly as I reached for the towel but whined painfully as my rips pulsed in agony. Mum came over with the towel and wrapped it around me, tears in her eyes.

“Oh, my baby. I’m so sorry” her voice cracked as she tried to hold the tears to her eyes. She got another towel from the pile of clothing and began drying my hair, careful not to pull the stitches holding the gash on my head together.

“You don’t need to be sorry about anything. It wasn’t your fault that Aera is a complete nutter” I barely got through the sentence… my meds are wearing off…

“If it wasn’t for us, Aera wouldn’t have been able to get you. Having those thugs across the hall! If we’d have just gone back to England, you wouldn’t have been blackmailed and this…” she looked down at the burn on my side, “this wouldn’t have happened to you” she finished, her tears finally falling down her face.

“Mum, it’s not your fault. Aera…” I paused to try and keep the pain to a minimum, “Aera would have found someone else if you weren’t here” I tried to wipe her tears away with my wet hands, only to make her cheek soaked. “Sorry” I smile cheekily as she sighed and tutted at me.

“Really now, how can you be so nonchalant about all this” she tried not to smile as she wiped her cheek. I shrugged and looked up at the tiny window of the shower room.

“I’ve not felt this relaxed in months” I admitted. Thinking about everything that Aera has done to me and those around me since the first meeting. Now she’s going to jail… she can’t hurt me or BTS anymore.

“Janie! Get in here!” my father’s urgent voice called for my mother from the room. I gave her a worried look, but she just smiled at me and left. There were muffled voices as I got dried and dressed. Trying my best to wrap my hair up in the towel, I went to the room to see what was going on.

“You heard it here first! Crazed Sasaeng Lee Aera has committed suicide in her jail cell this morning! No further details have been released as of now, but the police have released a statement stating that the suspected murderer was found…” the reporter was cut off by a few police officers walking out the station with serious faces.

“Hello. My name is Police Chief Superintendent, Choi Daesong. At 6:03 am today, murder and kidnap suspect, Lee Aera was found hanging in her cell. We have no reason to believe that Miss Lee had passed under suspicious circumstances” he took a breath, looking between the reporters and the speech in his hand.

“There was a note found at the scene, however, there are details on the piece of document that cannot be released to the public. The cases against Miss Lee’s parents…” the chief went on about her parents.

I stood there rooted to the spot, staring at the screen… not knowing what to do with myself… but then it sunk in…

“She took the easy way out” I muttered angrily, walking past my shocked parents to my bag full of things my mother had brought me. She had killed herself so she wouldn’t go to prison… I wouldn’t have expected it of her after she’d grovelled for me not to shoot her… But I guess she’s more scared of prison.

“Alice” my mother’s phone was buzzing, on the screen, was a number saved as ‘Officer Kim’. Mum answered it. “Hello?” she said shyly. There was a pause. And she handed it to me.

“Hello?” I answered and the same officer Kim as before came through the phone.

“Good morning, Miss Kang. I’m calling to you about the Lee Aera incident this morning” she told me as I sat down on the bed, looking to the tv where my parents had muted it. “You were mentioned in the suicide letter and we believe it’s very important that you come down to the station, or we come to you at the soonest availability” Officer Kim said in a cool tone… but I had a bad feeling.

“Okay, I’m being discharged soon. We’ll be going to – Hotel, room –” I revealed, and she told me she’d be there at 1 pm, in about two hours. And then she said goodbye without giving me any more details.

After this, I dried my hair, packed up and got discharged. The taxi ride to the hotel was quiet… my parents looked very white after I told them what Officer Kim said. And we were all still processing that Lee Aera was dead… It doesn’t feel real… I don’t believe it…

When we got to the hotel room, I went straight to the phone and called Jimin.

“Alice!?” it wasn’t Jimin… it was Taehyung… and it was very noisy around him.

“Hi! Taehyung!? What’s going on!?” I tried to call over the noise, but it hurt too much it made me cough painfully again.

“One minute!” he called. There were a few seconds of noise, the sound of doors closing and quiet. “Jimin is practising right now, he can’t come to the phone” V gasped breathlessly… sound like he’s been practising too. “It’s so good to hear your voice. I’m so happy you’re okay” I heard him laugh lightly, deep and calming. It put a smile on my face.

“Sorry, it took me so long. The police advised me not to use the hospital phones” I sat on the bed and winced. My whole body was really starting to throb. Checking the time, I sighed and started going through my bad for my meds.

“We’ve all been worried about you. Jimin’s been really quiet about it” he sounded worried. There was the sound of doors opened in and closing, and more familiar voices.

“Is that Alice!?” “Is she okay!?” “Can we go see her yet!?” “Why do you have my phone!?”

The members.

“Put it on speaker!” I hear Namjoon say. There was a couple second’s silence before he spoke again. “Hey Alice!” he greeted loudly.

“Hi guys” I greeted back. Now my smile was impossible to take off my face. They fill me with so much happiness. There were many responses all at once.

“Noona! I want to see you!” Jungkook called, sounds of muffled scrambling to the phone ensued.

“The police are coming soon, so no visitors until later” I told them… and then the heavens aligned and there was a knock at the door. My mum froze and I could see the fear in her eyes. But she walked over to the door and looked through the peek hole. And relaxed.

“It’s the police, they’re early” she commented as she noticed the time. But opened the door and let them in.

“The police are here, I’ll call you back later” I said in a hurry, and we said our goodbyes. Officer Kim greeted me with a professional smile.

“Good morning, Miss Kang” she carefully shook my hand as we bowed slightly. She had a plastic bag in her hand with a piece of crumpled up paper with writing on it… her note… Lee Aera’s final words…

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD! I WAS (STILL AM) ILL AND NEEDED SOME TIME TO FEEL BETTER... I'M STILL NOT 100% BUT I TRIED TO WRITE A GOOD CHAPTER x3 

ANYWAY! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS UPLOAD, THERE'S SOME MAJOR THINGS COMING IN THE FINAL CHAPTERS OF SEASON ONE :) NEXT TIME: THE NOTE AERA LEFT LEAVES ALICE WITH FEW OPTIONS FOR HER FUTURE! BTS VISIT ALICE AT THE HOTEL AND BRING FOOD!!! AND AFTER THEY'VE LEFT... SHE MAKES HER DECISION...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COUNTDOWN TO SEASON 1 FINALE: 3 CHAPTERS

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx