Season 2 Chapter 3

Sasaeng

Sasaeng

Season 2 - Chapter Three

‘Mother’

“Oh my God! Daisy what are you doing here!? Did you mum do this to you!?” I blurted urgently as I pulled Daisy into a gentle hug!

“I got on the first flight I could! Oh, Alice, I can’t go back!” she cried as I closed the doors after I got her inside. I sat her at the table and rushed to get a glass of water and some ice from the freezer. Putting the ice in a cloth I handed her the water and started gently applying it to her bruises.

“She’s gone too far this time” I sighed angrily as Daisy winced in pain.

“It was my fault, I knew better than to leave the chores. I couldn’t finish them after work. She came home early and saw it” she whimpered as she took over the ice. I helped take her worn coat off. She was filthy!

“I’ll warm up the shower for you” I got to my feet and ran to my bathroom… that damned Helen! Beating Daisy like this! And to think she was my dad’s friend from University! After running the shower to the perfect temperature Ii went back to Daisy and found her looking into the mirror by the door…

“It’s ready” I told her, and she jumped anxiously. I approached her slowly and walked her to the bathroom. She gave me a grateful look and closed the door after me. After hearing her get in the shower safely I went into my room and got out my smallest PJ’s and brand-new underwear… she was barely 5 feet tall…

Daisy was tiny and very slim! Mainly from not being given food. Her hair was a warm chocolate brown and came to her waist. She was super pale, and she was really beautiful… when she wasn’t beaten. She has constant dark circles from lack of sleep but had the most striking green eyes!

“Daisy, I’ve got some clothes for you” I knocked lightly on the door. She told me ‘okay’ and I opened the door just enough to slip them through and closed it right after. I cooked up a pot of ramyeon noodles, put it on a heatproof mat and put it in the middle of the table with two bowls. One set of chopsticks for me and a fork for her.

“Where shall I put these?” she asked me after she’d done with her shower. She was holding her ruined clothes. I pointed to the trash can. “But I don’t have anything to wear” she muttered shyly.

“I’ll take you shopping tomorrow, I have the day off. In the morning I’m going to see my uncle’s fiancée, but I’ll take you for dinner after. You can borrow my clothes until then, okay?” I gave her a warm smile and took the clothes from her… maybe I should burn them! They stunk so bad!

“Smells so good! I’ve missed your noodles!” she gasped, sitting down in front of the fork and eyed the pot. I served her some and we ate as she described what her mother had done. “And then she got out the rolling pin and went to town on me. Telling me I was a and I should have died when I was born” she said with a mouth full of food. She was inhaling it!

“How did you get here?” I asked her, noticing she had bought nothing with her. She paused and swallowed her food before answering.

“I used the money my dad left me. All I have with me is my card and my passport” she revealed, nodding to the shelf under my mirror where her two items were. Sighing I got out my phone.

“You can stay here as much as you need, I will have to tell my employers, they’ve allowed me to stay here so they need to know” things are starting to become complicated quickly.

“I saw that I can stay here for up to 90 days… I should be able to find something until then” she sighed, suddenly having no appetite. Her dad died when she was 13 from cancer. He left her everything but the house which her mother wasn’t happy with and resented Daisy.

He paid for her to go to University where she Majored in English Literature and Minored in Korean… her dream was always to teach English in South Korea… but her mother was racist and despised Daisy for loving Asian culture.

“I’ll help you, Daisy. I will help you as much as I can” I reassured her. Her cheeks went red and we finished the noodles. I set up the pull-out bed for her and set up a spare toothbrush and clothes for the morning. After I saw that she’d gone to bed, I went myself.

___________________________________________________________________________

In the morning I woke up to Jimin calling me at 7 in the morning… I ignored it… after what happened on tour… I don’t want to speak to him… not yet…

After a quick shower and skincare, I got out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel and almost screamed! Daisy was waiting out the door! Right outside the door! She looked tons better but the bruising was a nasty purple colour with mixes of yellow.

“Sorry I scared you” she mumbled tiredly, her hair had dried in a bird-like nest overnight.

“It’s okay. The bathroom is all yours” I let her through and went to my room, my heart thumping loudly in my chest. After I got dressed there was a knock at the door and Daisy walked in… buried in my clothes! My not so skinny jeans were rolled up several times at the bottom and my hoodie looked miles too big!

“They will do but can you please help me with my hair?” she asked, holding up a clump of her hair. I instantly got up and grabbed my detangle brush… after several minutes of tackling her hair, I put it in a cute single braid, and she joined me as I put on makeup.

“You’re so good at makeup” she smiled as I finished up with my mascara. I blushed slightly at the compliment and reached for my straightener.

“Thank you” I mumbled shyly and started taming my curls straight. After almost an hour of chatting through my makeup and hair, we left. Now free to walk the streets, I walked to the nearest tube station and we got the train to the city centre where Hyerin was waiting for us.

“UNNIE!!” I gasped as we both hugged tightly! She’d grown a bump while I was away! It was so cute!

“I’ve missed you so much! And so has Angel” she put her hands on her bump, putting so much love into the baby’s nickname. I put my hands on her belly and felt the warmth from it. My cousin inside is so loved! My uncle would be so excited to have a son!

“This is my friend Daisy, she’s staying with me for a while” I introduced a now slouched Daisy who was hiding under the huge hood of the coat I’d borrowed her.

“Nice you meet you” Daisy said in very foreigner Korean, Hyerin found it charming as she smiled at her and returned a greeting.

“Let’s get breakfast, Angel is starving” Hyerin cheered and linked arms with me and Daisy. After eating a quick breakfast with Hyerin we went to the clinic where I got to see a scan of Angel, Daisy waited outside for us and then we went to see my uncle. The hall was full of people’s ashes. Their graves. We found uncle. His square had his urn, pictures of family and scans of his baby.

“Uncle, we beat Aera… but I couldn’t avenge you… I’m sorry” I told my uncle when Daisy and Hyerin had given me time alone. I put my hand on the glass and looked at a photo of him, smiling with Hyerin in their engagement photo…

“I should have done it, I had the gun in my hand… but I didn’t have the strength… and now she’s taken the coward’s way out… I’m so sorry uncle, I miss you so much. I love you” I dabbed a stray tear from my eyes and walked out to the others.

“I have to go back to my mother’s, the same time next week?” Hyerin hugged me at the tube station. I nodded and we said our goodbyes before she waddled away. I miss the times where the three of us lived together in one apartment… I miss it so much it’s crazy!

After a seemingly quiet afternoon of shopping with Daisy, she managed to put some of her money in her account in mine, so she was able to get everything herself, but I insisted on buying dinner! And so, almost four hours of shopping we got to sit down with bags and bags of shopping.

“Alice, what happened with your uncle?” Daisy tried to ask me, finally. But I gulped my emotions and shook my head.

“I can’t talk about it, sorry. But it is something I can’t… I just can’t…” I struggled to finish the sentence.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked” she blushed, embarrassed and we moved on to the happier times when we were still at school. When her dad was still alive when her mother wasn’t abusive and before I left her in Derbyshire… a sudden feeling of guilt filled me as I thought about how I could have helped her if I’d have stayed…

After a filling dinner, we lugged our shopping, I got a few things too, and got a taxi back to my home… where I caught a glimpse of something in my window… but the taxi had already left… and fear filled me!!!

“Daisy… stay here” I gave her a serious look. She was confused but nodded and dropped the bags at my gate. I prepared myself. Quietly, I unlocked the door, put my keys between my fingers like I was the wolverine or something… and burst the door open, ready for anything… anything but a shower of confetti and all my friends, colleagues… and BTS!!!

“WELCOME BACK!!!” everyone cheered loudly… but I just shot around to look at Daisy… who had seen BTS…

“HOLY ING !!!” she blurted in shock!!!

CRAP!!! SHE’S A HARDCORE ARMY!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

SORRY IT WAS A DAY LATE!!! I'M TRYING TO BE ON TIME BUT IT'S HARD WHEN MY LIFE WONT LET ME -_- 

ANYWAY! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, I TRIED TO GIVE HYERIN A COMEBACK. SHE'S GOING TO BE A REACURRING CHARACTER FROM NOW! <3 

NEXT TIME: DAISY COMPLETELY FREAKS OUT! WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN ALICE AND JIMIN ON TOUR IS REVEALED... AND THINGS GET EVEN MORE COMPLICATED!!! 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx