Season 2 Chapter 17

Sasaeng

Sasaeng

Season 2 – Chapter 17

MAMA!! OHHHHHHH!!!

There were just a few staff going to the actual MAMA awards, myself, Hyungjoon, Jeongha, Manager, a couple of girls from the makeup department and another manager. We’re obviously not going to walk the red carpet, but we also brought some camera staff to document the occasion. But to attend the event at all was… petrifying…

“Noona, see you there” Jungkook told me before getting into the cars, the staff were following and meeting back up at the venue.

“I’ll be keeping a lookout for you” Jimin looked down at me with a sly smirk before following Jungkook and the other members. The staff who were going had finished getting dressed and met outside the salon for the van.

“Wow, looking good Miss Kang” the other manager, a middle-aged guy that I hadn’t seen as much as the others. He was mainly there for the bigger events or schedules.

“As do you, Mr Hong” I replied, trying to keep up small talk while waiting for Jeongha or Hyungjoon to save me.

“I bet our Jiminnie will gain 10 years after seeing you” he winked at me while fixing the collar of his shirt. I looked at Mr Hong, trying to hide my surprise… but failed. “Oh, come on, he talks about you all the time and you both can’t keep your eyes off each other. Everyone knows it” he chuckled as the others joined us on the street.

“The boys are there already, where is Manager?” Hyungjoon complained as he fixed a gold watch to his wrist. He arrived almost half an hour after the members had left, looking very white-faced.

“Taking your time aren’t you, Manager?” Jeongha joked when we all hopped into the van. He took off before we could even put our seatbelts on.

“Sorry, I was on the phone with Bang PD-Nim. There’s been some trouble back in Seoul” Manager informed us as he sped through the streets of Hong Kong.

“Trouble?” asked the Makeup stylist, fixing her perfectly styled bleach blonde hair through her compact mirror.

“Someone tried to break into the member’s apartment. The security stopped them, but they got away…” the manager told us all, but I could tell he was leaving something out… I’d have to ask him later. When we arrived at the venue, we rushed for the red carpet, waiting for the members to go through with their photo time.

I tried to contain my fangirl self as Twice, Got7 and MAMAMOO went by. I hid behind Hyungjoon as they passed, but then the members came… and I felt my heart swell with pride.

“Remember guys, we’re at work still” Manager reminded us as the members moved towards the carpet. Blushing my way past Hwasa. We stood behind the scenes, ready to get to work. Jimin’s eyes were smouldering as he saw me waiting for them with the other staff.

“You look so beautiful” Jimin mouthed to me but kept his face plain… plain but a hint of a smirk on his full lips.

“Stop, your lips” I warned him but could feel my cheeks light up. He rolled his eyes and chuckled but cleared his throat and walked from the car as the members went on and posed for their photos.

“Do you think they’ll win again?” Jeongha asked when the flashes erupted around the boys. I didn’t even hesitate before nodding.

“Their popularity is through the roof at the moment, and only growing. I’m sure they’ll be winning tonight, without a doubt” I said while watching the members on the carpet. And my confidence in them was unwavering, in all seven of them. As a fan but also as a friend. After all that we’ve been through, and going through, I can honestly say that my faith in BTS is unshakable!

“I know but the online voting was close” Jeongha said, nervously picking at her manicured nails. “I can’t even remember how many times I’ve voted. They will be the first artist to win artist of the year twice in a row. I’ve watched them for the past two years, working their butts off and going through all the hate…” she paused and looked at me with wide, watery eyes.

“Unnie, I’m 1000% sure they’re going to win” I told her, linking my arm with her and watching the boys as they moved to the speech podium where Namjoon started speaking. It was there that I noticed just how gorgeous the members looked.

Taehyung’s red hair popping and matching with Jimin’s glowing jacket. All their styles were similar but different. Namjoon and Hobi with their chokers. Yoongi and Jin looking like bond villains. Jungkook in the middle, holding the members together like glue.

After they’d finished their speech, they moved off stage, bowing to the hosts and their fans who were going crazy over the boys. An army of ARMY. My people! I felt like I should have been in there with my Army Bomb, holding up my fan sign and cheering on the boys.

“We’re on the move” Manager announced, beckoning us to follow a worker with a clipboard. We followed the members and were brought to a room with snacks and drinks. We also unpacked our things we had packed in the back of the van. They had several performances and looks for tonight, we had a lot of work to do.

“We have half an hour until they need to be at their seating, Namjoon has a speech before the performances” Manager was going through the schedule… again… and as the staff and artists walked around outside, Namjoon was going over and over his speech.

Jimin and Jungkook were talking about their dance with Hobi who looked nervous about their performance this year. Yoongi was drinking some water, sat with Jin who was munching on some snacks. Taehyung was being dabbed down with a cloth as his red hair dye was running down his neck with sweat. Several artists came in to greet the members, some newbies and some I needed to hide behind Jeongha as my fangirl side kicked in.

“We’re due in ten minutes” Manager returned to the room after a while outside. I wonder if he was on the phone again… what was actually going on? He then walked over to me, took me by the elbow and pulled me outside quietly, trying not to arouse suspicion from the others.

“What is going on?” I asked as we walked out into a back-street alley where bins lined the wall. It was a small space and smelled like rotting food, but it was quiet.

“Daisy and the other Sasaengs are here in Hong Kong. They were spotted in a hotel near the area but have moved since. We believe that they’re going to be here tonight, so we need to be careful” Manager told me all at once and with a scarily serious face.

“They’re here? You don’t think they’re planning on attacking the members?” I asked, feeling a pit open in my stomach. He nodded and sighed, rubbing his face nervously.

“They also might be planning on attacking you. Daisy knows about your relationship with Jimin if the others know and they’re dangerous like Aera…” I cut him off!

“Aera? Why would they be as dangerous as Aera?” I asked, feeling more scared than I ever have in my life.

“We… found some evidence that they have been working with Aera… in their hotel room we found a diary of one of the people…” he hesitated after he saw the look of terror on my face. “She was their ringleader. They seem to want revenge.”

 

Aera…

Her threat…

From her suicide note…

 

“I need to get back to work” I told Manager who gave me a white-faced look. “She isn’t going to ruin my life from the grave. If they come to attack the boys, they will have to go through me” I said in a flat tone. Holding my head high, keeping my anger down with as much determination as I could, I walked past Manager and back up to the Staff room just as the members were leaving.

“Where’d you go? One minute you were there, the next you were gone” Jimin asked in a low voice as we joined the movement of members and staff. I gave him a reassuring smile and shook my head, telling him it was nothing. And as the members took their place in the celeb box, the staff took a seat behind the scenes, watching the awards take place.

Namjoon’s speech came on, I almost cried from pride. Then the performances began and ended. When BTS were shown on the screen the whole place exploded with screams from fans.

BTS won the Global Choice award. Jin and Taehyung spoke… the members tried walking the wrong way! I almost cried from laughter.

Namjoon spoke again to announce Janet Jackson. Worldwide Kings!

They also won Best Asian Style, Best Music Video for Idol.

And then their performance began and we literally sprinted backstage for hair and makeup. The members were getting stripped before my eyes and people were trying to get them re-dressed at the same time.

“Alice! Switch!” Jeongha called me as I was finishing Yoongi’s hair. I ran to Jimin as a stylist practically ripped Suga’s shirt off. I reached for Jimin’s hair, but a staff member came out of nowhere and knocked over. Jimin had to catch me before I crashed into the table full of equipment.

“Careful where you’re going” Jimin said in a soft yet serious tone. The staff member blushed, nodded quietly and left the room. Giving me a dirty look as she left. “Are you okay?” Jimin asked, looking me up and down and placing his hands on my arms like I was going to pass out for no reason.

“I’m fine” I smiled and finally managed to get my hands on Jimin’s hair. Using the straighteners to lift his hair from his face and sprayed it with a ton of hair spray to keep it in place. After I was done, the members were rushed off for their stage. We all followed them, doing last minute fixings.

And then they went up on stage, dressed in full white, looking like princes!

Not long after their performance happened… and I fangirled like the Army I am!

The member’s small dance intro… Jungkook’s swagger walk… and then Airplane Pt.2 happened… yeah… I lost my !!! Like the band!!! The vocals!!! The dance!!! Hyungjoon and I were screaming along with the other Army… and got bad looks from the staff of other groups…

After the members got backstage, we were in full panic mode again. Stripping the members, restyling, and getting the next stage ready.

O!RUL8,2? LY Remix began and Namjoon killed it!

AND THEN!!! Fake Love chanting… !!! When they popped up with those cloaks and fell back, I lost my for the second time! And you can bet that when Idol started, and they rode on that lion’s face I fan chanted like crazy! Hyungjoon also joined in, he was definitely an Army too!

KINGS!!!

They are just Kings!!!

After they came back behind the stage, gasping and looking tired already, we tried our best to cool them down and ready to go and sit back down for the next award. But there wasn’t much time and they left looking extremely worried and nervous for the 2nd round of awards.

Then they won the Album of the Year award! And while they walked to the mic, I tried to hold my tears as the Army cheered and chanted for them… and you could tell it was affecting the members too.

Namjoon delivered the speech! He is just such an amazing and humble person! I totally cried a tear or two! Jeongha and Hyungjoon cleaned me up but I was just so proud of the boys and know just how hard they have worked!

And the way he talked about Bang PD-Nim was so emotional!

Jungkookie talked next, and the screams for the maknae put a huge smile on my face! He did such a good job!

I AM SUCH A PROUD NOONA!!!

Artist of the Year…

I know it’s you…

“BTS!” he announced, and an explosion of screaming and crying erupted through the venue! I was so happy and so relieved! The boys got to their feet, smiling from ear to ear, and embraced each other in a group hug! I pounced on Hyungjoon and Jeongha who jumped around, cheering along with the crowd!

They walked to the stage, up to the mic, looking on top of the world!

They did it!

Hobi spoke. Of course, saying ‘Army’ first, full of pride of his fans. Talking about his worries. About his fears for performing. Gratitude for the award. He started crying which made me cry. Kookie started crying. Jin was crying. All the staffs were crying. Just everyone started crying!

From relief. From happiness. From the struggles, the members have gone through. Through the love of the group and of the fandom.

And then Jimin came up to the mic and I dabbed my tears away with a tissue and watched as he smiled a brilliant smile and called out to Army. He looked so beautiful! He spoke about their struggles. About the people around him and gaining strength through them. I didn’t drop a single tear… taking in all of his words…

Taehyung cried with his speech and I was off crying again! Looking amazing in his red suit and his red hair! Our sweet TaeTae revealing his heart on stage!

Yoongi brought it back down to earth, giving me and the staff time to collect ourselves. He thanked his parents and the other member’s parents. And how he was thankful for the award and 2018…

And then Jin came to the mic…

His was the only speech I hadn’t heard beforehand…

He started talking about the beginning of the year…

‘Earlier this year, we mentally had a really difficult time. So, as we talked together, we even considered disbanding’

Huh?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

Sorry, it's late... again... 

When I say it's been a long day that's an understatement! But then again it's been a very long week!

If you didn't catch my earlier announcement, my baby niece arrived on the 17th of June but came very scarily through an emergency c-section. She is just so beautiful and we are all in love with her so much! I've really needed this week and a bit off for family and getting to know my new family member!

It is currently 1:10 am here in England and I stayed up to finish this chapter... I got writers' block at around 2 pm and couldn't finish it until just now... but totally worth it! I got what I wanted to write (most of it but the chapter was already 5 1/2 pages long) and have some ideas for the next chapter! Which should be on time... should be...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTERS UNTIL THE SEASON 2 FINALE: 4 CHAPTERS

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx