Season 2 Chapter 9

Sasaeng

Sasaeng

Season 2 – Chapter 9

Friendship or Friendship

That night I hardly slept… finding out that Daisy was a sasaeng… I always knew that she was obsessed, but I never expected this from her…

“Wow!” Daisy gasped when I emerged from the bathroom after an extra long shower. I did look like a train wreck. Dark eyebags hung from under my tired eyes. My skin was pale and had a sickly tinge to it. I felt like crap too… “Hangover?” she asked me as I tried to keep a straight face in front of her.

“I’m just tired, I’ll be fine after I wake up some more” my voice was also scratchy and hurt… maybe I was also coming down with something… I did feel quite warm…

“Maybe you should stay home today” Daisy reached for my forehead, but a feeling of disgust filled me, and I dodged it.

“If I am getting sick, I don’t want you getting it too” I told her while avoiding her eyes, my throat stinging from raising my voice making me cough.

“Okay… but you really should stay at home. I can go by the police station by myself” she kept her distance after my cough but took out her phone and searched the map for the station.

“I need to go to work anyway, the station is just a couple stops away” I told her in my struggling voice, closing the door so the conversation about me staying home ended. There was too much to do, I couldn’t afford to be unwell.

Feeling gross enough, I opted for a pair of leggings and a cute warm knit jumper. I also kept my makeup simple and put my hair half up and straightened it as best I could. After looking a little more alive, I got ready to leave… but got a phone call from Jimin…

“You’re sick!?” he yelled down the phone… Daisy had ratted me out…

“I didn’t sleep well, that’s all. I’ll see you at work!” I hastily said my goodbyes as he yelled back for me to stay home. I grabbed my bag and padded jacket since Korea was getting colder. Daisy was already waiting for me at the door… looking like she was a celebrity in designer clothing and long smooth hair…

“Maybe I should stay home” I muttered to myself, looking down at my comfortable clothes…

“Ready to go? The taxi should be here soon” she asked with a calm smile…

“I thought we were taking the subway to save money?” I asked, looking down at her new clothes… she wouldn’t spend her dad’s money like this… which means the money she’s been getting from being a Sasaeng is paying for all of her new things…

“If you’re sick then we’re taking a taxi” she opened the door for me, and the coldness filled the entrance instantly. Burying myself in my jacket, I walked out into the autumnal air where the taxi was waiting for us… the whole drive… sitting next to BTS’s sasaeng… who was also my best friend… was sickening!

… And as we were filling out our written statements, she took twice as long and filled out more than one page…

… Now that I knew what she was… everything she did… everything she said… sounded and seemed like a lie…

“Alice…” Daisy said as we got to the BigHit building where I’ll be having a meeting about the awards coming up. I turned to her in the taxi, ready to get out when I was met with a plain, expressionless face. “You’ve been acting strange since this morning. I don’t know if you really are ill or…” she paused, and I saw her hand tense around her phone… the one that had all the messages…

I kept a calm composure and reached into my bag where I kept some medical essentials including a thermometer. I put it under my tongue and waited for the beeping. And then, without looking at it myself, showed it to her… Daisy’s eyes widened, and she twisted it to show me… 38 degrees Celsius…

“You’re going home! Now!” she gasped and went to tell the driver to turn back. But I grabbed her arm and shook my head.

“I need to go to work. If I miss this meeting, I won’t be able to work through the awards months, I need to feed myself and pay my bills” I told her with a stern, but weak, voice. She couldn’t say anything back, but I could tell that she was embarrassed, thinking I knew about her sasaeng dealings… which I do… but she doesn’t know about that and that’s all that matters.

“See you at home” I told her with a smile and closed the door. As the taxi drove off, I saw her looking through the back window, on the phone to someone… I’ve got a bad feeling…

“Alice!” Hyungjoon called as I walked down the hallway but stopped when he saw my face. “What’s wrong!? You look horrible!” he said in a loud voice so the whole floor of meetings could hear.

“Oppa!” I hissed, shoving my hand over his gawking mouth. He tried to muffle some words, but I eyed him to keep him quiet. “I need to get through this meeting then I’ll go home and rest. Okay?” I told him in a low voice to not bring any attention to me… my anxiety was really high, like anything would set me off into a full-blown panic attack.

“The second you look like you’re about to drop, I’m taking you home!” he whispered urgently and suddenly sticking close to my side, afraid that I’d faint then and there. I walked with him into the room and sat with Jeongha for the meeting… which I recorded on my phone since in my state I wouldn’t remember anything.

“We will meet the day before the awards at the studios to get double check everything. Dismissed!” Head-Stylist called, and we all started to gather our things. Hyungjoon had obviously told Jeongha about my sickness because they both hesitated by my side the whole way through the hallway… and I was grateful because as we got to the elevator… the world started spinning and my legs suddenly gave way.

“Alice!” Hyungjoon and Jeongha said in unison. It was only a few seconds before I returned to my body and found myself surrounded by staff… and the BTS members… Jimin looked pissed!

“I told you to stay at home” Jimin forced himself to smile as I rolled my eyes at him. I went to sit up and everyone shifted closer to me.

“I’m fine” I coughed as I got to my feet with help from Jimin who looked a little calmer now that I was standing and walking. “I just need some sleep” my voice was starting to fade from exhaustion and soreness. Every word I speak made me cough from the painful tickle in the back of my throat.

“Do you have a mask?” Jeongha asked me as most of the crowd started to leave in the elevator or back into the offices. I shook my head, remembering the empty box at home where my disposable masks had run out. She got me one from her bag. I’m so happy I have such reliable friends!!!

“Let’s get her home, I’ll drive” Manager came from thin air behind me, circling his keys around his index finger. I tried to insist that I wasn’t that sick but after the fainting spell, there was no arguing with them. And so half an hour later, I’m sat on my sofa with the heating on and under a pile of blankets… I looked like a potato with a pinhead.

“I’ll make some soup” Jin called from the kitchen as I heard clanking of pots and pans… but I couldn’t see with all the people in my living room. Jimin was still tucking me in when the door banged loudly, making everyone freeze. Hyungjoon went to the display to see who it was and turned to me with wide eyes.

“They’re girls” he said. I stood up and pointed quietly to all the BTS members and the manager and jabbed my finger to my room. Everyone moved quickly. Jeongha and Hyungjoon stood by me as I pressed the button to speak through the speaker.

“Hello?” I called through it. The girls turned to the camera and looked very nervous… all of them were obviously rich with their designer, posh looking clothes and their hair permed into perfection.

“Hello! We’re here for…” she hesitated and instead of saying it, typed it into her phone and showed the camera…

SSNG-UNNIE…

“Sasaeng?” Hyungjoon eyed me with a shocked expression…

“I’m sorry but I don’t know what you’re talking about” I called back, and I saw them nod at each other before turning back to the camera.

“We know that she lives here. If she isn’t in, tell her that Naerin is here for her merch. If she doesn’t get back in touch by tomorrow, I’m going to report her to BigHit for being a Sasaeng and a stalker!” she yelled through the speaker before the other girls started taking her away. As she stormed away from my house, I turned to see Jimin peeking out the door…

“We need to talk” I mouthed to him. He nodded and looked behind him at the curious members. After they all emptied into the living room, I pulled Jimin back to talk with him.

“I knew that Daisy was up to something… but I didn’t expect that she’d be… well…” he looked to the floor, angry and shocked…

“We need to come up with a plan, because if she really is a sasaeng then that means that her being around Jungkook isn’t just an infatuation… she’s a danger to him and you and the other members” I whispered to him as I heard J-Hope walk past the hallway to get to the kitchen where Jin had gone back to cooking.

“I agree… but how do we keep Jungkook safe while also keeping them both in the dark?” Jimin asked a very hushed voice I could barely hear…

He’s right…

How do we keep him safe from Daisy?

But also, not let them know?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

AUTHORS NOTES

HELLO AGAIN!! 

YEP! THIS CHAPTER IS QUITE LATE AND MY UPLOADS HAVE BEEN VERY INCONSISTENT, TO SAY THE LEAST! BUT WITH THE SITUATION AT HOME THE WAY THAT IT IS (A COMPLETE SHOW) IT'S BEEN DIFFICULT TO FIND TIME TO WRITE AND KEEP UP WITH THE SCHEDULE! BUT I AM TRYING! AND THINGS WILL HOPEFULLY GET BETTER!

ANYWAY! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! IT TOOK A WHILE TO WRITE BUT I FINALLY GOT IT DONE! 

NEXT TIME: THE PLAN TO KEEP JUNGKOOK SAFE FROM DAISY TAKES PLACE! ALICE TELLS DAISY ABOUT HER VISITORS! HOW WILL SHE TAKE IT!? AND HOW WILL ALICE COPE WHEN HER SICKNESS GET'S WORSE!!??

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx