Cat Stuck In A Tree

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

After having the worst fight ever, Sangyeon and Jacob decide to spend a weekend together to make up some lost time. This means that they need to find someone to take care of the maknaes and watch over the dorm while they are gone. However, it seems that most of the members are away as well that weekend, except for two of them. 

"Are you really sure you want Changmin & Chanhee to watch over everything while we are gone? We could always have a weekend away some other time." Jacob tells Sangyeon. 

"They will be fine."

"But they have never watched the maknaes or been in charge." Jacob points out. 

"I can just write down some instructions for them. I'm sure they can manage, Chanhee & Changmin are a lot more responsible than they look." 

"Well, alright." Jacob gives in. 

Sangyeon gets to work on writing up the maknae care guide. The guide includes things such as their favorite foods, games they like, bedtime routines, and emergency numbers. He hands it to Q and New before they leave for the weekend. 

"Here you go, this has everything that you will need to take care of the maknaes for the weekend." Sangyeon says, handing them a huge overstuffed binder. 

"Whoa this thing is gigantic! Is this their lifetime care instructions?"

Sangyeon chuckles in response.

"I just want to make sure that you guys have everything that you need." 

"Ready to go honey?" Jacob asks, walking into the living room with the baggage. 

Sangyeon nods at this boyfriend.

"Be good to the maknaes while we are gone and just call if you need help." 

"We will." Q smiles.

As they are about to leave, Hwall comes over, pouting. 

"You're leaving? But who will give me my cuddles?" 

"Don't worry my little cuttlefish, Chanhee & Changmin can cuddle with you. They will take very good care of you guys." Jacob responds, before he gives Hwall a hug. 

Jacob and Sangyeon tell them goodbye and to have fun, then they leave. 

New and Q are now in charge for the next two days. 

"Okay, what do you guys want to do first? We have some time before dinner." 

"Hide-and-seek. I'll go get the others so we can play."

While Hwall runs off, Q and New check the binder to look for hide-and-seek information. 

"It says here that they love this game and they like to hide while you seek." New reads.

"Looks like we will have to find them then." 

Hwall comes back with the others and they hide while New and Q count to thirty. Then they search for the four of them together. It takes some time, but they do find all of them. 

"Okay guys, time for dinner now."

During dinner, Jacob calls. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, Chanhee. How are things going?"

"Good, we are having dinner right now. What, did you think something went wrong already? You have only been gone for a few hours." 

"No, we just wanted to make sure you have things under control so far.." Sangyeon chimes in. 

"We do, things are going well." 

"That's good. I guess we'll let you get back to work."

"Give the maknaes goodnight hugs and kisses for us." Jacob adds.

"We will." 

"Good, lub you."

"Lub you guys too." New responds, hanging up. 

"Was that the hyungs?" Q asks, as he puts more carrots on Sunwoo's plate. 

"Yeah, they just wanted to check up on how things are going." 

Q nods. 

"I bet they miss me already." Eric says.

"Miss you? Yeah right, I am the one that they miss more than anything." Haknyeon declares. 

All four of them start to argue about who the hyungs miss more. 

"That is enough boys! No more arguing if you want to have dessert." 

The fighting stops right then and there. 

"Good one." New praises Q.

"It was in the binder." Q smiles. 

New and Q continue to go over the binder after dinner, while the maknaes play video games. 

"Why did Sangyeon put photos of them in here? We know who they are, we're not stupid." 

"But look at how cute this photo of Hyunjoon is." Q points out.

In said photo, Hwall is smiling and pointing to his cheeks. Right under the photo, a short statement reads: This is Hyunjoon, he likes kittens, cupcakes, and bunnies. Protect him at all costs.... or else. 

They go through all of their bios and each of them have a short little statement that ends with protect him or else. 

"This is Eric, he likes unicorns, baseball, and ramen. Protect him at all costs or else." New reads. 

"I wonder what the or else means." Q says. 

"Whatever it means, I don't want to find out. We need to take top notch care of them. Got it, Changmin?"

"Yes." Q nods. 

By the time they finish going through the binder, it is already time for bed. 

New and Q make sure the maknaes go through their routines before tucking them in and giving them the hugs and kisses that Jacob mentioned earlier. 

"Don't forget Mr.Cuddlesworth." Q says, handing Eric his bear. 

"Thanks hyung, good night." 

"Good night." 

The next day, the babies want to go to the beach. New and Q pack all the essentials, from sunblock to water bottles.

Once they arrive, the maknaes run to the water. 

"Hold on boys!" 

They halt.

"Sunscreen first, then water." 

The four of them groan and then run back to their hyungs to get the sunscreen sprayed on. 

"Hyung, hurry. I wanna go play." Eric whines.

"Just a second, Eric. Be patient." Q says. 

After a few seconds, Eric is allowed to join the others in the water. Q then sets out a blanket so he and New can sit down,

"Don't worry, Chanhee. I will keep you company since you can't swim. How about we build a sandcastle?"

"Sure." New agrees.

Q takes the buckets and shovels out of the bag so they can start building. 

Halfway through, the maknaes comes over to see what they are doing. 

"We are building a sandcastle."

"Can we help decorate?" Hwall asks. 

"Sure, go gather some shells." New says, handing them a bucket. 

The maknaes return with a dozen shells several minutes later and they all help add them to the completed castle.

The rest of that day goes smoothly, but the day after is not as good. 

A little bit after noon, Eric and Sunwoo call New and Q.

"Are you guys coming back early or something?"

"No, this is an emergency. Hyunjoon is stuck in a tree and we don't know how to get him down." Sunwoo explains. 

"Please help us!" Eric calls out.

"Okay, we will be right there." 

New and Q run to the park as fast as they can. They find the boys and look up to see Hwall stuck in a tall tree. 

"He's so high up. How can we get him down?"

"Oh no, there was nothing like this in the binder." New states.

New and Q don't know what Sangyeon's meaning of or else is, so they need to think of something to do fast. 

"What about the fire department?" 

"That might take too long."

"Hyungs, please help me. I'm scared." Hwall says, with tears streaming down his face. 

Seeing Hwall cry breaks their hearts, New and Q must to something now. Before they can think of anything, Q springs into action and climbs up the tree. 

"Changmin, be careful!" New calls out. 

"Don't worry about me." Q responds, continuing to climb the tree. 

"Ring! Ring! Ring!" New's phone goes off. 

"Hello?" He answers.

"Chanhee, it's Jacob hyung." 

"Oh, hi hyung." 

"I just wanted to tell you we are going to be home in a couple hours." 

"Oh, that's great!" New replies, trying to hide the fact that Hwall is crying and stuck in a tree. 

"Can I talk to the maknaes?"

Dang it, why does Jacob want to talk to them at a time like this?

"Ummm, they are sleeping right now." 

"Well, it is important that they rest. I'll talk to them soon anyway. Alright, talk to you later kiddo."

"Bye."

New hangs up and sees that Q is very close to reaching Hwall. 

"Changmin, hurry! Sangyeon and Jacob will be back soon." 

"I'm almost there." 

"Hyung!" Hwall exclaims, once Q gets to him. 

"Hyunjoon, you need to climb down. I know it is scary, but hyung is here. I'll make sure nothing happens to you and keep you safe. Now come on, let's climb down together." 

"O-okay." 

Q gradually climbs down while encouraging Hwall to follow him. 

"You can do it! That's right, just take your time." Q says. 

After several minutes, Q and Hwall make it to safety. 

"Thank goodness you are safe." New says, hugging Hwall. 

"Thank you hyung." Hwall tells Q.

"Anything for you."

"Let's hurry and get home before Sangyeon and Jacob do." 

When Sangyeon and Jacob return, they aks how the weekend went.

"It was great, no problems at all." 

"Really? None?" Sangyeon questions.

There is silence before Q blurts out the Hwall incident.

"We let the babies go to the park by themselves and Hyunjoon got stuck in a tree, so I helped him get down." Q admits.

"We're sorry." They both say. 

"Guys, it's okay."

"It is?"

"Yes. You got Hyunjoon down and he is safe now, that is all that matters. I would say that you two did a very nice job for your first time watching over them." Sangyeon explains. 

New and Q let out a sigh of relief, maybe watching the maknaes isn't as hard as they thought.