Cloudy

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Jacob and Sangyeon have a meeting at the company, so they are unable to pick Eric up from school. Since Sunwoo is the closest and Hwall has to stay late at school, Sunwoo is sent to get Eric after school. 

"You have your umbrella, right? I heard that it might rain." Sangyeon says.

"Yeah." Sunwoo replies, as he gets books from his locker. 

"Good. Have fun at school, lub you." 

"You too hyung." Sunwoo hangs up. 

Have fun at school? Yeah right. Recently school has been horrible for Sunwoo. Today alone he has had two tests and has one more before the day is done. He also has a lot of projects due soon. That plus writing raps and learning dances has made for a lot of work and stress. 

As soon as school is over, Sunwoo goes home. Wanting to get away from school as soon as possible. Wait. What about Eric?

Eric is exactly what Sangyeon asks Sunwoo about when he returns. 

"I'm home."

"Hey Sunwoo."

Sangyeon realizes Eric's absence. 

"Where is Eric?" 

Sunwoo's eyes widen as he now knows that he forgot to get Eric. 

"Ummm...."

Moments later, Eric walks in soaking wet. 

"Oh my gosh. What happened?" Jacob asks, as he walks by and spots Eric.

"I walked home in the rain."

"I thought you told Sunwoo to go get him?" Jacob says to Sangyeon. 

"I did. Jacob, go take care of Eric while I talk to Sunwoo."

"Come on Eric, I'll run you a bubble bath and then you can put on some warm jammies." 

"Didn't I tell you to pick up Eric?" 

"Yes, but-"

"No buts. You said that you would do it, you lied to me. Now Eric might get sick because of you. This is all your fault." 

"What?"

"You know it is. Now go to your room, you're grounded." 

Sunwoo stomps off to his room, slamming the door.

The next couple of days, Sangyeon's attention goes to the other maknaes. Even Haknyeon.

"Seriously?! He is older than me!" 

Is this part of Sunwoo's punishment? Because it sure succeeds in making him jealous. Sangyeon plays games with them, builds them a fort, and takes them out to play baseball. Eventually, Sunwoo can't take it anymore and he lashes out. He is walking into his room when he sees Sangyeon and the other maknaes having a tickle fight. They look so happy with their hyung. 

"You guys are such babies! You are overly attached to Sangyeon! Why don't you just grow up?!" 

"Sunwoo, that was completely uncalled for. Go to your room right now."

"Fine! I don't want to be out here anyway. I hate you!" Sunwoo yells, before slamming his bedroom door. 

Sangyeon lets that soak in. Hate? Does Sunwoo really hate him? He decides to go to Jacob to discuss his feelings. 

"Jacob, can I talk to you about something?"

"What's wrong?"

"Sunwoo just told me that he hates me."

"He doesn't mean it. He is probably just stressed and is trying to deal with his frustration."

"Really?" 

"I bet. Don't take it to heart. He will calm down and apologize." 

Jacob begins to pet Sangyeon's hair to calm him down. 

"Would a nap help you?" 

Sangyeon nods and they go to their shared bed to take a nap. During this nap, Sunwoo sneaks into their room. He sees that his two oldest hyungs are sleeping and notices that Sangyeon's wallet is on the nearby drawer. He sneaks over, but Jacob sleepily wakes up as he reaches for it.

"Sunwoo? Is that you?"

"No. This is a dream. Close your eyes and go back to sleep."

"Alright." 

Jacob snuggles back against Sangyeon's chest and sleeps. Now Sunwoo grabs Sangyeon's wallet and takes $50 from it. 

When Sangyeon wakes up, he sees that it is almost time to start making dinner. 

"Jake Jake, wake up."

"What time is it?" 

"Four thirty."

"Already?" 

"Yeah. Do you want to help me make dinner?" 

"Sure. Let's get dressed first and then lay here until five o'clock." 

A while after they stay laying in bed, there is a knock on the door. 

"Come in." 

"Hyungs!" Hwall and Eric exclaim, as they open the door.

"Oh, sorry. We didn't mean to wake you." 

"We weren't sleeping, we are just laying here. What do you guys need?" 

"Can we have some money to go to the arcade?" Hwall asks.

"Sure." 

Sangyeon gets up to get his wallet, but he opens it to find nothing. 

"I could have sworn I had fifty bucks in here earlier. Where did it go?" 

Jacob ends up giving them the money instead. 

"Be back in an hour."

"We will, thank you hyung." Eric responds, before they exit the room.

"I wonder where that fifty went." Sangyeon ponders. 

"You probably just spent it. Come on, let's cuddle for another few minutes." 

Once it is time for dinner, Sangyeon gives Sunwoo his dinner in his room.

"Here is your dinner, Sunwoo." Sangyeon says, placing the plate next to his bed. 

After dinner, Jacob goes to the room to sneak Sunwoo some Jell-O.

"Sunwoo. I snuck you some Jell-O for dessert. Don't tell Sangyeon though." Jacob whispers, as he walks towards Sunwoo's bed. 

Sunwoo doesn't respond. 

"Sunwoo? Are you mad at me? Sangyeon was the one that punished you, I think he was a little too hard on you to be honest. I will talk to him about it, so don't worry. Hyung will make it all better." 

He still does not answer. Jacob notices that Sunwoo has not touched his dinner at all.

"Have you been sleeping all this time? Wake up sleepy head." 

Jacob yanks the blanket off to see that Sunwoo is not there.

"Oh my gosh!" Jacob screams.

Sangyeon and the others run into the room.

"Honey, what's wrong?" 

"Sunwoo.... is gone." Jacob reveals. 

"What?!" 

"I think he ran away some time before dinner. His dinner is still here and he is gone. He ran away from home." 

"We need to find him." 

They make a plan to find Sunwoo. Five of them go one way while four of them go another way. Jacob and Sangyeon stay at home in case Sunwoo returns. As soon as the others are gone, Sangyeon starts crying. He rarely ever does this, so Jacob is concerned. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I'm just worried about Sunwoo." Sangyeon admits. 

"This is all my fault. I was too hard on him and drove him away." Sangyeon continues. 

"Sangyeon, it's okay."

"No it is not. I made him run away and now anything can happen to him."

A bunch of negative scenarios suddenly flood Sangyeon. 

"What if we never find him? What if he gets kidnapped? What if evil fans find him?!"

Sangyeon begins to feel dizzy and lightheaded. Then he faints. 

"Sangyeon!"

Jacob checks Sangyeon's breathing.

"Thank goodness, you are still breathing." 

Jacob lays Sangyeon on his back on the floor. Jacob sits next to him. 

"Sangyeon, are you awake yet?" Jacob asks, tapping Sangyeon's shoulder. 

Sangyeon slowly opens his eyes to see Jacob leaning over him, fanning him with a fan that has Younghoon's face on it. 

"Jacob, what happened?"

"You fainted." Jacob explains, Sangyeon's hair. 

"How long ago?" 

"About a minute ago. Here, have some water." 

Jacob gives him a cup of water that was sitting on the table. It doesn't matter who was drinking it, they all share anyway. Sangyeon drinks the water and attempts to get up, but Jacob stops him. 

"You have to rest here for a while. You can't get up too quickly, we don't want you having another episode." 

"Okay. I guess I just got so worked up over Sunwoo." 

"I know honey, but it's alright. The boys will find Sunwoo and bring him back home."

"Thanks for calming me down Jakey. I love you."

"I love you too." Jacob says, placing a soft kiss on Sangyeon's forehead.

"Now, just lay here and relax." 

"Will you sing to me?"

"You want me to sing to you?"

"Please?"

Jacob says yes and sings lullabies to Sangyeon. 

Meanwhile, the boys are wandering around and texting Sunwoo to find him. 

"He isn't answering any of his texts, he probably turned his phone off." 

"Where could he be?"

"Let's take the bus and find him!" Eric exclaims, running towards the bus stop. 

"Eric! Get back here! We do not need two lost maknaes!" Juyeon calls after him. 

They all chase after him. Once they catch up, they realize he has found Sunwoo. On a bench by a bus stop. 

"Sunwoo, we finally found you. Let's go home." 

Sunwoo actually gives in and they walk home, making sure to call the others and inform them that Sunwoo has been found.

When they arrive back home, Jacob and Sangyeon are sitting on the couch. Sangyeon tries to get up quickly, but Jacob stops him. 

"Slowly." Jacob cautions. 

Sangyeon gets up slowly and walks over to Sunwoo, hugging him tightly. 

"I'm so glad you're safe. I was so worried about you." 

Sunwoo hugs him back. 

"How about the two of you talk while the rest of us get ready for bed?" Jacob suggests.

The rest of the members leave Sangyeon and Sunwoo in the living room. 

"Do you want to tell me why you ran away?"

Sunwoo sighs before telling Sangyeon the truth.

"I ran away because of how you treated me. You grounded me for forgetting Eric even though it was just one mistake. Then you were giving all the other maknaes more attention than me and it made me jealous. I know that I act mature most of the time, but I want attention from my hyungs too. I've just been so stressed with school and everything, I really wanted and needed that attention too." Sunwoo says, with tears streaming down his face. 

"Sunwoo, please don't cry. I'm sorry I was hard on you. You're not grounded anymore. Why couldn't you just tell me instead of worrying us all to death?" Sangyeon responds, wiping Sunwoo's tears away with his thumb. 

"I don't know. I just didn't want to talk about it." 

"Sunwoo, you can always talk to any of us about anything. We won't judge you, you know that. Right?"

Sunwoo nods.

"Good. I'll start giving you all that attention you missed out on. Go get ready for bed so I can read you a bedtime story."

That night, Sangyeon sits in bed with Sunwoo and reads him one of Eric's stories. 

"Thank you hyung." 

"You're welcome." Sangyeon replies, placing a kiss on his forehead. 

As Sangyeon is about to leave, Sunwoo stops him.

"Yes?" 

"Ummm....nevermind." 

"Are you sure?"

"Well.... can you stay here with me tonight?"

"Of course, let me go get something first." 

Sangyeon brings back Sunwoo's special blanket, his has bears on it. 

"Are you sure Jacob hyung won't miss you?"

"Of course not, it's for you." 

"Hyung?"

"Huh?"

"I have this for you." Sunwoo says, handing Sangyeon the fifty dollars that he took earlier. 

"What?! You took my fifty dollars?!"

Sunwoo nervously chuckles before telling Sangyeon good night and placing his head on the pillow. 

Sangyeon is about to continue to scold him, but he is glad that Sunwoo was honest and gave his money back, so he just ends up going to sleep too.