In Sangyeon's Mind

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Sangyeon wakes up one morning with a pounding headache. He gets up and decides to take some medicine to deal with it, hoping it will go away eventually. After all, he is the leader so he has to be there for all of the members. 

"Sang Sang!" Jacob exclaims, with his arms wrapped around Sangyeon, slightly startling him. 

"Jacob, you are awake already? Well, now you can help me wake up Hwall, Sunwoo, and Eric for school." 

"Okay." Jacob replies, giving Sangyeon a kiss and then leaving. 

When all three maknaes are ready for school, the five of them walk down stairs together. Sunwoo and Hwall walk together while Sangyeon and Jacob walk Eric to his school. 

"Do we have practice today?" Eric asks. 

"Yes, we have practice for the rest of the week until Friday." 

Sangyeon wants to groan at that fact, he really just wants to stay home and sleep. This headache of his just doesn't seem to be going away. Suddenly, Jacob holds Sangyeon's hand. He looks over and sees Jacob smile at him. That angelic smile, the one that made Sangyeon fall in love with him. Sangyeon squeezes his hand in response and smiles back, he feels a bit better. 

"Okay, Eric, have fun at school." Jacob says, handing Eric his lunch. 

Eric gives them both a hug and tells them bye before he walks into school. 

At home, the boys who don't have to go to school have to do chores. Sangyeon spins the chore wheel and he ends up getting the task of sweeping and vacuuming the whole house. Jacob practically begs him to switch, so Sangyeon ends up just having to dust the house instead. It is so much easier on him, since it only takes seconds to dust the surfaces with a feather duster. Jacob is such an angel for giving Sangyeon the easy job. Maybe he knows that Sangyeon has a headache? No, that can't be it. Sangyeon has made sure not to show any signs of discomfort today. Jacob probably just really wanted to sweep and vacuum today. 

The day and Sangyeon's headache, are just not working out so well as time goes on. As soon as they all finish the chores, they have to go to practice. At least it is just vocal practice for today, that is not as vigorous as dancing, and singing comes to Sangyeon so easily anyway. They all go over the lyrics several times before they take a break. 

"Here honey, have some more water. You don't want to over work yourself." Jacob says, handing Sangyeon a bottle of water. 

Sangyeon accepts the water and drinks some. Once Sangyeon puts the bottle down, Jacob wraps his arms around him and places his chin on his head. 

"Jakey, why are you extra clingy today? Is something wrong?" 

"Nothing is wrong. What, you don't like when I'm extra clingy?" Jacob pouts. 

"No, I love it. I just thought that maybe you were upset or something."

"I'm fine. I just want to be close to you is all." 

The two of them stay like that for a while before Jacob lets go and kisses Sangyeon's forehead. 

"You've been doing a lot today, You should take a nap when we get home." Jacob suggests. 

"I don't need to nap, I'm not tired." 

"Please Sang Sang. The reason I asked you was because I wanted you to take a nap with me." 

"Well, alright. For you." 

When they do get back home, Sangyeon and Jacob go to bed. Sangyeon does not really want to nap, but he falls asleep almost instantly. 

In the middle of his nap, Sangyeon wakes up to the sound of the members talking and laughing in the living room. He then realizes that Jacob is laying on his chest and.... that is headache is finally gone! Seems like he really did need that nap. Sangyeon stays in bed, gazing at his sleeping boyfriend. Sangyeon thinks that Jacob is so cute when he sleeps, like a little puppy.

Sangyeon smiles and begins to run his fingers through Jacob's hair. He thinks about how lucky he is to have Jacob in his life. To have someone that he can talk to about his problems, someone to help him take care of the boys, and someone that will always support him no matter what. Jacob was that someone. That adorable someone. Some of Jacob's features that are Sangyeon's favorite are his big brown eyes, his cute nose, and of course that smile. That smile could wash away pretty much all of Sangyeon's problems.

If Jacob was awake and Hyunjae hadn't told him to wait two months, Sangyeon would have told Jacob that he loves him right then and there. Instead, he kisses his head, letting him continue to rest. 

"Sang Sang, did you sleep well? Is your headache gone?"  

"What, you knew that I had a headache?" Sangyeon responds. 

"Yeah, I could sense it. And I saw you taking medicine this morning. Why didn't you just tell me in the first place? You know you can tell me anything, I would have covered for you." 

"I know, but i just don't want to worry any of you. I'm the leader, I'm supposed be there for you guys any time that you need me. Besides, it was only a headache, nothing major." Sangyeon explains. 

"Sweetheart, we'll understand if you need to rest. Everyone gets ill now and then." 

Sangyeon agrees with Jacob and promises to not hide it the next time he does not feel well. 

"Pinky swear?" Jacob says, with his pinky out. 

"Yes my angel, I pinky swear." 

Sangyeon locks his pinky with Jacob's and then kisses his nose. 

"Well, I suppose you want to get up now." Jacob says. 

"Not yet. I want to hold you a little longer, let's just stay here." 

Sangyeon is happy when Jacob rests his head back on his chest in agreement, and they remain that way until dinner time.