Come Back Again

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

One Saturday afternoon, the boys go out to a nearby field to play soccer. They split into teams and start to play. Things go smoothly until they take a little break.

"You should kick the ball a bit harder, Younghoon."

"How?"

Sangyeon grabs the ball and sets it down. 

"Get a running start and kick as hard as you can."

Sangyeon demonstrates, the ball goes fast. It soon collides with Jacob's head and causes him to fall to the floor. 

"Jacob!" 

Sangyeon and the rest of the boys run to Jacob. 

"Jakey, wake up!" Sangyeon says. 

Jacob is unconscious, but still breathing. Hyunjae calls 911 as they watch over Jacob.

At the hospital later, the boys nervously wait for the doctor to inform them about the situation. 

"Boys, your friend is fine. No internal bleeding or brain damage." 

"Can we go see him?"

"Sure, he is resting right now."

They go to see Jacob, he is laying in bed with his eyes closed.

"Jacob?" Sangyeon calls out. 

Jacob slowly opens his eyes and is startled to see everyone. 

"Who are you guys?" He asks in English. 

"Jacob, what do you mean? It's us." Kevin says. 

"Who are you? Where am I?" 

"I think he lost his memory."

"Doctor, when will his memory come back?" Hwall asks. 

"I'm not sure. All you can do is show him familiar things and act as you usually would to try and bring his memory back." 

When they get back home, they show Jacob around to try and jog his memory. 

"This is your room." Kevin says, as they enter. 

"Whoa! Look at all that cereal!" Jacob exclaims, running to the boxes in the corner. 

"Are these mine?"

"Yeah, you sure do love cereal." Eric replies. 

"I know." 

"Jacob, what do you remember?"

"The last memory I have is of my high school graduation. Wait. Where is my family?"

"They're in Canada, Jacob." Eric answers.

"Then where am I?" 

"You're in Korea. You're apart of a group with the rest of us, you're one of our vocals." Kevin explains.

"Well, that makes sense. I do like to sing. I just can't remember coming here and meeting all of you for singing." 

"It's alright, we will help you. We'll teach you about the group and watch some videos." 

"Okay." Jacob smiles.

The three of them watch performances in the living room. 

"So that's us?"

"Yeah. Ring any bells?"

"None at all. I never knew I could dance that well."

"So, how are things going?" Sangyeon asks, as he enters the room. 

"Good, I guess. We've been trying to teach Jacob everything."

"Hi, Jacob. Do you know me?" Sangyeon says in English, so Jacob can understand him. 

"You are.... Juyeon?"

"No, I'm Sangyeon."

"The other yeon. I'm sorry, there's just so many of you." 

"It's okay, Jacob. How about we go get some ice cream and hang out?" Kevin suggests. 

"Sure."

Jacob, Kevin, and Eric go out for ice cream while Sangyeon sits at home feeling guilty about Jacob's condition. 

He was the one who kicked the ball that hit Jacob and made him lose his memory.

"This is all my fault." He says aloud to himself, sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands. 

"Sangyeon hyung, what's wrong?" Younghoon asks. 

"Jacob. I feel so guilty that I made him lose his memory. Now he is confused and has no idea where he is. He must be so scared." 

"It's okay. You couldn't have known that the ball would hit him. The doctor said we just have to show him things to jog his memory and be hopeful. I'm sure his memory will be back soon." 

"I hope so." 

Sangyeon feels a bit better now, so he smiles at Younghoon who smiles back. 

At the ice cream shop, Kevin and Eric are trying to help Jacob remember anything. 

"So you guys are the ones that know English?"

"Yeah, we're from the West. Eric is from America and I'm from Canada."

"Really? I'm from Canada too."

"I know, you're from Toronto." Kevin responds. 

Jacob is shocked, Kevin reads the look on his face. 

"I know because you told me when we first met a couple years ago."

"I.... can't remember. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Jacob. I'm sure you're memory will pop up soon enough. For now, let's just have fun." 

That night, Jacob sleeps in Sangyeon's bed because Sangyeon doesn't want him to risk hitting his head. 

At breakfast the next morning, Kevin and Eric joke around with Jacob. The others have no idea what they are saying, but they are happy that Kevin and Eric are making Jacob feel comfortable. 

After breakfast, Hwall approaches the three of them as they play tic-tac-toe. 

"Jacob hyung." Hwall calls out. 

"Yes? You're.... Hwall, right?"

Hwall nods. 

"I made this for you." Hwall says, handing him a card. 

The card has get well soon written on it and has a drawing of a bear holding balloons. 

"Awww, this is too cute. Thank you munchkin, this is so sweet of you." 

"You remember me?" Hwall asks, referring to being called his nickname. 

"No, I'm sorry. I do know your name now though."

"Yeah, you're a lot better at the names now." 

Jacob gives Hwall and hug and promises to cherish the gift before Hwall leaves the room. Kevin and Eric then decide to let Jacob go through naming the members in a picture again. He identifies everyone correctly. 

"Jacob, you did an amazing job. You made no mistakes." Kevin praises. 

Jacob thanks him and continues to stare at the picture. 

"I'm gonna go bring some juice." Eric blurts out, before heading to the kitchen. 

As Eric walks away, Kevin notices Jacob staring at the photo.

"Is something wrong, Jacob?"

"Ummm.... Can I tell you a secret?" 

"Of course."

Jacob gets closer to Kevin so he can whisper to him quietly. 

"I think that Sangyeon is very handsome." Jacob tells him. 

Kevin forgets the fact that Jacob lost his memory for a minute and begins to burst out into laughter. 

"Hey, don't laugh!"

"I'm sorry, I forgot you lost your memory. Jacob, there is something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" Jacob asks. 

"Sangyeon is your boyfriend." Kevin reveals. 

"Really?"

"Yes, he has been your boyfriend for over a year now." Kevin explains. 

"Wow. I can't believe that I have a boyfriend that stunning." 

"Yeah, maybe you should spend a little time with him. His English is okay, but I'm sure he will try his best to make sure you can understand him." 

Maybe tomorrow, I'm kinda shy so I want to build up some courage first." Jacob says. 

"No problem."  

In the evening the next day, Sangyeon decides to take Jacob out on a date so they can spend some time together and hopefully get Jacob's memory back faster. He decides to take Jacob to the dog cafe. 

"Oh my gosh, look at all of these cute dogs." Jacob says, as soon as they enter the building. 

Sangyeon leads him to a table and a collie comes up to them. 

"Awww, hi cutie." Jacob says, petting the dog. 

Sangyeon tells Jacob to wait at the table while he gets their drinks. When he does return, Jacob is still playing with the dog. 

"I got you cookies too." Sangyeon says, handing them to Jacob.

"Thank you, Sangyeon." 

"So, you remember here?" Sangyeon questions. 

"No, why?"

"Our first date was here."

"Really? That sounds so cute. Sangyeon, can I ask you something?"

Sangyeon nods. 

"What is our relationship like?" 

"Loving. We been together for year now and love you so much." Sangyeon begins. 

"Wish I could say more, but my English is not great." He adds. 

"It's okay, I can still understand what you're trying to say." Jacob says, holding onto Sangyeon's hand. 

"You're such a sweetheart."

Sangyeon and Jacob talk about the relationship that they have, in hopes of sparking something, but Jacob cannot recall anything that Sangyeon is trying to tell him. 

"Thank you for taking me out today, Sangyeon. I had a lot of fun." Jacob tells Sangyeon, when they return home. 

"Me too." 

They hug before going to bed. 

The next day, Jacob wakes up when he hears Sangyeon coming down from his bed. 

"Sangyeon, why are you up so early?"

"To make breakfast for the babies." He answers. 

"Oh. Can I help you?"

"Sure, if you want."

Jacob follows Sangyeon to the kitchen and helps him make pancakes and bacon for the maknaes. When the food is done cooking, Sangyeon goes to wake the boys up and Jacob sets the table.

"Yay, pancakes!" They exclaim, as they enter the kitchen. 

"How come you guys are never that excited about oatmeal day?" Sangyeon questions. 

"Because you don't put enough cinnamon when you make oatmeal." Sunwoo answers. 

"Yeah, we like when Jacob or New makes the oatmeal for us." Hwall adds. 

"At least you like my pancakes." Sangyeon says, ruffling Hwall's hair. 

"Jacob, did your memory come back yet?" Eric asks. 

"No, not yet munchkin, but I'm sure it will be here soon." 

After breakfast, Jacob goes with Sangyeon to drop Eric off as usual.

"Have a good day at school Eric." Jacob says. 

"Learn something new." Sangyeon says, handing Eric his lunch. 

"I will, see you guys later." 

On the way home, Sangyeon realizes that Jacob looks tired.

"Sleepy?" He says. 

"Yeah, a little bit." 

"You should take nap when get home, we don't have anything today." Sangyeon suggests. 

"That sounds like a good idea."  

Jacob does just that when they do get home. 

A couple of hours later, the rest of the boys are having breakfast together and ask about Jacob.

"I think he is still asleep, I will go check on him." Sangyeon answers. 

He enters the room to see Jacob laying in bed. 

"My Jake Jake." Sangyeon says to himself, as he walks over to Jacob and sits down on the bed. 

"I wish your memory would come back already. It so hard for us to talk to each other. Now I really wish I would have learned more English. It has only been a couple days, but it feels like forever." 

Sangyeon notices Jacob's necklace. 

"We wear these necklace everyday and now you can't remember what it means or that we have a relationship. I miss you so much Jakey." 

Sangyeon leans in closer so he can link his half of the guitar necklace with Jacob's. After a few seconds, he unhooks them and kisses Jacob's forehead. 

"Get some more sleep my angel, it might help." Sangyeon says, before getting up to leave. 

As he is walking out, Sangyeon trips over a book, causing Jacob to wake up. 

Jacob sees his boyfriend on the floor and quickly goes over to him.

"Yeonie, are you okay?" Jacob asks in Korean. 

"Jacob, you're talking in Korean again." 

"Yeah.... I always do when speaking to you." Jacob replies, confused. 

"You mean you don't remember losing your memory and not being able to speak Korean?" 

"No. What are you talking about? Are you okay? Did you hit your head?" 

"No, I hit your head. We were playing soccer a couple of days ago and I kicked the ball too hard and it hit you on the head then you fell to the floor. We took you to the hospital and the doctor told us you lost your memory." Sangyeon explains. 

"Oh, I didn't even know." 

"I'm so glad that you're back." Sangyeon says, hugging Jacob. 

"Hyung, why is it taking you so long to bring Jacob to breakfast?" Hyunjae asks, as he and Haknyeon enter the room. 

"I'm sorry, I was just so overjoyed that Jacob got his memory back."

"Really?"

"Really." Jacob answers in Korean.

"How did you do it?" Hyunjae questions. 

"I don't know, i just came in here to check on him and I kissed his forehead before I was about to leave."

"Your kiss cured him, like Sleeping Beauty!" Haknyeon happily exclaims. 

"I guess so."

"Come on my prince, let's go have breakfast with the boys." Jacob says, pulling Sangyeon up with him.