The Other Canadian

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Sangyeon comes back from the grocery store one evening. The rest of the members are already home because they left right after practice while Sangyeon went out to run some errands. 

He enters the kitchen to see Jacob cleaning the fridge, so he decides to surprise him. 

"Hey Jakey, did you miss me?" Sangyeon says, tapping Jacob on the . 

He yelps and hits his head on the shelf. When he turns around, Sangyeon realizes this is not Jacob.... it is Kevin. 

"Owww, Sangyeon hyung you scared me." Kevin says, rubbing his head. 

Sangyeon is in shock, his eyes are wide and he is frozen. Uh oh, this is not his boyfriend who he just playfully tapped on the . 

"I...uhh...."

Sangyeon just runs away without saying anything else. He goes to his room and shuts the door. 

"Oh my god, I touched Kevin. What am I going to tell Jacob? They are best friends, this won't go over well. Maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I probably should tell him the truth." Sangyeon rambles. 

In the kitchen, Jacob walks in to have his usual mid-afternoon cereal. 

"Hi Kevin."

"Hey Jacob."

"Are you wearing my pants?" Jacob asks.

"Yeah, I'm just borrowing them. They are really comfy. Except.... well, these pants lead to a little mishap."

"What do you mean?"

"I was cleaning the fridge and Sangyeon thought that I was you, so he slapped me on the ." 

"What?!" Jacob responds, and he ends up pouring too much cereal into the bowl. 

"It was just an accident. He seemed really embarrassed about it and ran away." 

"This is what happens when you wear my pants." Jacob jokes. 

"It's not my fault your boyfriend thinks all Canadians look the same."

Jacob laughs at this and so does Kevin. 

Later that night, Jacob hears about the incident from the man himself.

"Jacob, I need to tell you something." He begins.

"What is it?"

"I accidentally tapped Kevin on the because I thought he was you." 

"I've heard." Jacob replies. 

"What?"

"Kevin told me earlier."

"Jacob I am so sorry. It was an accident, he was wearing your pants. You know, the ones the are kind of snug and fit you perfectly?" 

"I know how much you like those pants. Sangyeon, it's okay. It was just an accident." 

"Yeah, you're right. I guess I was overreacting."

Sangyeon does calm down, but only for a while. At dinner the next day, he is a total mess. He sits across from Kevin at the table and avoids all eye contact. At one point, they both reach for the salt and their hands touch. Sangyeon quickly pulls his hand away and looks down. 

"Sangyeon, what's wrong?" Jacob says, handing his boyfriend the salt after Kevin is done with it. 

"Nothing." 

"Well if nothing is wrong, I guess you wouldn't mind doing dishes with Kevin and me after dinner." Jacob says. 

"Of course not." 

Sangyeon is just as awkward while doing dishes. He stays close to Jacob and does not say much. Jacob can feel the awkwardness between the two, so he decides to do something about it.

"We need to settle this." Jacob says

That night, Jacob brings Kevin to their room to talk things out.

"You know guys, this is not that big of a deal. It's not like you kissed or anything. If something like that had happened, you would both be in big trouble." Jacob begins, with a sharp glare. 

Jacob continues to glare at them with a straight face until Sunwoo calls his name.

"Jacob hyung! Can you bring me some chocolate milk?"

"Just a minute munchkin." Jacob calls back. 

Jacob leaves to room to tend to the maknae. This leaves Sangyeon and Kevin shocked. How can Jacob go from menacingly staring at them to lovingly caring for Sunwoo in just a matter of seconds? It makes sense though. Jacob is so nice, he probably has a lot of pent up anger that you would not want to mess with. 

"Okay, so back to our meeting. I really think you two need to talk this out so that Sangyeon can get this off his chest and go back to normal." 

Sangyeon sighs in order to relax before he begins. 

"Kevin, I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday. I was an accident. You know I don't view you romantically at all, I just thought you were Jacob." Sangyeon explains.

"Sangyeon hyung, I know it was a mistake and I forgive you. I guess I should give you a heads up the next time I borrow your boyfriend's pants." 

All three of them laugh and then group hug. There is no longer any tension or awkwardness, it is finally back to normal. Kevin tells both of them good night before going back to his own room. 

"I'm glad we finally settled that. I feel so much better now." 

"Now, you just have to make sure that you more careful to avoid mixing me up with Kevin. Or is he your favorite Canadian now?" Jacob teases.

"You know you will always be my favorite. You're my Canadian prince."

"And you are my Korean prince." Jacob replies, before he kisses Sangyeon.