Lub You

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

The boys go on a picnic one Saturday, and during that time Sangyeon and Jacob watch clouds together.

"That cloud looks like a octopus." Jacob points out. 

"What? It looks like cotton candy."

"That's because you have no imagination." Jacob jokes.

"I do have an imagination. In fact, that cloud looks like-" 

"Eric!" Eric exclaims, as he blocks their view of the clouds.

"Yes. How could I forget about the Eric clouds that are so numerous this time of year?" Sangyeon responds. 

"Hyungs! Hyungs! Hyungs!!" 

"Eric, we heard you the first time. What's wrong?" 

"Sorry to interrupt your date, but I wanted to know if you guys want to play tag with us." 

"No, we will just watch you guys and make sure nobody gets hurt." 

"Okay, bye." Eric replies, before running down the hill towards the other members. 

Sangyeon turns to Jacob and just enjoys the moment. He loves to relax with Jacob, even if all they do is stare at clouds. Jacob brightens up any situation with his gentle and positive personality. He makes Sangyeon so happy, he feels such love for him. After a while, Jacob realizes that Sangyeon is staring at him, so he faces him. 

"What? Do I have something on my face?" 

"Yeah, beauty." 

"You and your cheesy jokes." Jacob laughs, as he gently punches Sangyeon's arm. 

"But it is true, Jake Jake." Sanyeon says, as he begins to caress Jacob's face. 

They both gaze at each other, smiling. 

"Jacob, I love you." Sangyeon suddenly admits. 

Jacob is shocked by this outburst, so he responds by saying what to make sure he heard Sangyeon correctly. 

"I said that I lub you." Sangyeon restates.

"You lub me? What does lub mean?" 

"It's a new word that I made that we can all say to each other. It's a word you say to someone who means a lot to you. You and the boys mean a lot to me, so I lub you all and I wanted to tell you first." Sangyeon explains. 

Jacob is slightly confused, but then understands that Sangyeon has made an affectionate word to express how close all of the members are. 

"I like it. We should tell the others about it. I am sure they will like it." 

After the picnic, Sangyeon does tell them all about this new word. Thankfully, the boys actually end up using the word. The first time it gets used is when Sangyeon and Jacob drop Eric off at school.

"Have fun at school today."

"Learn something new." 

"I lub you guys." Eric says, as he hugs them both and then enters the school. 

The next time the word is used is between Hyunjae and Haknyeon. Haknyeon complains about being chilly one night, but he also does not want to get up and get a blanket, so Hyunjae gets it for him. 

"Here you go. You need to stay comfortable so you can sleep well." Hyunjae says, as he puts the blanket over Haknyeon. 

"Thank you Hyunjae hyung, I lub you." 

"Lub you too. Now, go to bed." 

The word spreads like peanut butter and jelly. Pretty soon, all of the members are using it. The boys really do mean a lot to each other and Sangyeon is thankful for that. Mainly because it shows how strong their bond is and also because it allows him to continue to wait to tell Jacob that he loves him.