The Ring

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Jacob is laying in bed listening to music one afternoon when Sangyeon excitedly enters the room. 

"Jakey! Jakey!" He calls out. 

Jacob turns off the music and sits up.

"Yes, Yeonie?"

"I have a surprise for you, close your eyes."

Jacob closes his eyes and Sangyeon slips a ring on his finger. 

"You can open them now." 

Jacob opens his eyes to see a ring with a bunny face as the stone on his finger. 

"Oh my gosh. Sangyeon, this is so adorable. What's the occasion?"

"Nothing. I just saw it at the store and thought of you, so I got it because I love you so much." Sangyeon answers. 

"I love you too, thank you so much." 

"You're welcome my angel." Sangyeon says, giving Jacob a kiss. 

Later that day, Jacob decides to bake a cake to practice his baking skills. Kevin has been teaching him how to bake lately and he believes that practice makes perfect. 

Jacob gathers all of the ingredients and sets them out on the table. 

"I should take my ring off first. I don't want it to get dirty already." 

Jacob removes the ring and sets it aside. He cracks the eggs and whisks them together with the milk, then moves onto the dry ingredients. As he adds the flour, he drops the cup and spills it onto the table, so he slides it into the bowl.

"Problem solved." 

Once the batter is complete,  Jacob puts it into cake pans and into the oven. He then moves onto making the icing so it will be ready for later. When he is done, Hwall enters the kitchen.

"Is that frosting?" Hwall asks.

"Yeah. Do you want to the spoon?" Jacob offers.

"Yeah!" Hwall answers, happily accepting the spoon. 

Jacob leaves the kitchen, letting the cake bake while he goes to his room to read. 

After about five page turns, Jacob realizes that the ring Sangyeon gave him earlier is now gone. 

"What? Where is it? I could have sworn I had it on all this time." Jacob thinks. 

He begins to search the bedroom for it. He looks under pillows, in the closet, and in drawers, but he can't find it. 

"Oh no, Sangyeon gave me that ring a couple of hours ago and I already lost it."

Just then Sangyeon walks in. 

"Hey Jake Jake."

Sangyeon greets him with a hug and a kiss. He reaches for his hands to hold them, but Jacob pulls back. 

"What's wrong?"

"it's just, my hands are really sweaty so I don't feel like holding hands right now." Jacob lies. 

"Okay. Well, I am going to take some of the boys bowling and wanted to know if you would like to come." 

"I'd love to, but I have a cake in the oven that I need to watch." Jacob replies. 

"Okay, have fun." 

When Sangyeon leaves the dorm, Jacob begins a more in depth search for the ring. He starts in the living room. He removes the couch cushions to see if the ring ended up there, but he finds is a few cents and a potato chip. He looks under the table and behind the tv, but still finds nothing. 

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" The oven goes. 

Jacob walks to the kitchen to take the cake out of the oven. He places it on the table and sighs. 

"Jacob, what's wrong? How could you be upset over such a beautiful cake?" Kevin questions, as he enters the kitchen. 

"It's not the cake that I am upset about. I lost a ring that Sangyeon gave me and I can't find it." 

"That's rough man. Hey, I can help you look. Maybe we will find it faster." Kevin suggests. 

"Really? That would be great." 

The two of them look in all of the rooms and under all the furniture, but still find nothing. 

"This is hopeless. Thanks Kevin, but I think that it is lost forever." 

"What's lost forever?" Sangyeon asks. 

"Oh. You're home already?" 

"Did you lose something?" 

"No..." Jacob trails off. 

"Jacob, tell me the truth." 

"Okay. I lost the ring that you gave to me. I'm sorry. Kevin and I looked everywhere and still can't find it." 

"That's okay. I'm sure it will turn up eventually."

"I guess so."

"Come on, we could go frost your cake. Maybe that will make you feel better."

Sangyeon and Jacob frost the cake together, he really does feel better. Especially since he knows that Sangyeon is not upset with him. 

"Is that cake?" Haknyeon asks, as soon as they finish putting the frosting on.

"Yeah, do you want some munchkin?" Jacob asks.

"Please?"

Jacob cuts him a slice and puts it on plate before handing it to him with a fork. After a couple bites, Haknyeon starts coughing and holding onto his throat. 

"Oh my gosh, are you choking?"

Haknyeon nods and Sangyeon springs into action, and tries to help Haknyeon clear his airway until he spits out the cake. Along with the chewed up cake, there is something shiny. 

"Is that?" Jacob begins.

He picks up the shiny object and sees that it is his ring.

"My ring! Haknyeon, you found my ring. You are such a dear." Jacob says, hugging Haknyeon. 

Jacob goes to the sink to rinse the ring off since it is covered in cake bits and saliva. Haknyeon goes back to eating his cake, completely unaffected by choking just a minute ago. 

"See? I told you that your ring would show up." Sangyeon says.

"Yeah, I guess you were right." Jacob responds, putting the ring back on his finger.