Sick Maknae

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

After dinner, the maknaes always have ice cream sundaes. They love ice cream more than anything, so when Hwall rejects his sundae Sangyeon and Jacob are shocked. 

"What?! Hyunjoon, what's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" Jacob asks. 

"Not really. I feel like I'm getting sick." 

Jacob feels his forehead and reports that his temperature does not feel that off. 

"If you get any worse, just tell us." Sangyeon says. 

A little later that evening, Hwall's favorite television show is on, so the boys call him to come watch it. 

"Hyunjoon, your favorite show is on." Q says. 

"I don't want to watch it. I just want to shower early and go to sleep." 

"Okay, I hope you feel better." 

"Where is Hyunjoonie?" Hyunjae asks. 

"He said that he wanted to rest instead." 

Sangyeon is starting to worry about Hwall now, but he doesn't tell anyone, except for Jacob of course. 

"Jacob, can I tell you something?" 

"What is it?" 

"I'm worried about Hyunjoon." Sangyeon admits. 

"I know honey, but hopefully he isn't sick. Maybe he is just tired. How about we make him his favorite pancakes for breakfast tomorrow?" Jacob replies. 

"Okay. Anything to make Hyunjoon feel better. I just worry about him so much, you know." 

"I know how you feel Sangyeon, but he will be fine, and if he does end up sick we will take good care of him." 

"Jacob, you always know the right thing to say to calm me down, you're the best." 

Jacob buries his face in Sangyeon's chest before they fall asleep. 

The next morning, Hwall's condition seems to be worse. Sangyeon tries to wake him up, but he won't budge. 

"Hyunjoon, get up. It's time for school." 

'No, I wanna sleep." Hwall whines, pulling the blanket over his head. 

This is unusual behavior for Hwall, it is normally Sunwoo that gives Sangyeon a hard time when it is time for school. Hwall must really be sick. 

"I'll go get the thermometer." Sangyeon tells Hwall. 

"Where's Hyunjoon?" Jacob asks, as Sangyeon passes him in the hallway. 

"He is in bed still. He is a little cranky and doesn't want to get up, so I'm going to check his temperature." Sangyeon answers. 

Sangyeon places the device in Hwall's mouth and waits for the temperature reading. 

"100.1. Looks like you're staying home today." Sangyeon announces. 

"But hyung-" 

"No buts young man, you are staying home so that you can rest and get better." Sangyeon replies. 

Sangyeon then asks Hwall what else is wrong. 

"My head hurts, my throat is itchy, and I feel chilly." 

"Awww, poor sick baby. Don't worry, your hyungs will take care of you. Jacob and I are going to drop Sunwoo and Eric off at school, so just sleep for now and we'll check on you when we get back."  

Sangyeon pinches his cheek before leaving the room to wake the others up so they can watch over Hwall for a while. 

"Should we get medicine for Hyunjoon?" Jacob asks, on the way back. 

"Yeah. We need to get some cold medicine for him." 

Sangyeon and Jacob go to the nearby drug store and get strawberry flavored cold medicine. 

"At least it is strawberry, he loves strawberries." Jacob says. 

"Hopefully it doesn't taste too bad." 

When they get back home, they find the members gathered around Hwall. 

Kevin and New are feeding him oatmeal, Haknyeon, Younghoon, and Juyeon are messaging his shoulders and arms, and Hyunjae is reading him a story while Q brushes his hair for him. 

"Here Hwall, you need to eat a lot of oatmeal it is good for you." New says, as he puts the spoon towards his mouth. 

"No, listen to this cute story that your favorite hyung is reading for you." Hyunjae interjects. 

"It is more important that you brush your hair, you don't want to get bed head." Q says. 

"Guys, calm down. He just has a cold, nothing serious." Sangyeon tells them. 

"You can never be too sure." 

"We just want him to get well soon." 

"Thank you for watching him, we'll take over from here." Jacob says. 

The members all tell Hwall to recover quickly before they do exit the room. 

"How do you feel?" Jacob asks. 

"I'm still a little cold." 

"Don't worry, I will go get your favorite blanket." 

Sangyeon sprints to the closet where they keep blankets and towels. He takes out the blanket that he got Hwall a couple of years ago. When Sangyeon first met the maknaes he wanted to give them gifts to help them deal with the stress of school. He decided on blankets since they are so comforting. Hwall's blanket is the one with the kittens on it. 

"Here you go." Sangyeon announces, as he covers Hwall with the blanket. 

"Now that you are warm, it is time for you to take some medicine. Look what we got you." Jacob brings up, holding up the bottle of medicine. 

"No!" Hwall protests. 

"Come on Hyunjoonie, you have to take your medicine. Honey, give me the bottle." 

"Sang Sang, that's it." Jacob blurts out. 

"Yes, I know that is the bottle in your hands." 

"No, that's not what I mean." 

Jacob turns to Hwall and asks him if he will take the medicine if he is allowed to eat a spoonful of honey afterwards. 

"Yeah!" Hwall answers excitedly. 

Jacob gets the honey from the kitchen while Sangyeon gives Hwall the cold syrup. He gets his spoonful of honey afterwards and then Q enters the room. Q hands Hwall a small bell. 

"What is this for?" 

"So you won't hurt your throat. Just ring the bell when you need anything, that way you don't have to call out to us." Q explains. 

"Thank you, hyung." 

"Well, we should let you rest now." 

The three of them are about to leave the room, but then Hwall rings the bell. 

"Yes?" 

"Can you guys carry me to the living room? I want to watch television." 

Sangyeon gives Hwall a piggyback ride to the couch. 

"What to you want to watch kiddo?" 

"Cartoons." 

Sangyeon turns the television on and switches it to Toons Tv. 

"Do you need anything else?" 

"No." 

Hwall watches cartoons until noon, then he rings his bell to get the attention of his hyungs. All of them flock to him immediately. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Are you gonna throw up?" 

"No. I'm hungry." 

"We will make you some soup." 

Sangyeon monitors everyone as they make the soup, making sure nobody gets hurt. 

"Jake Jake, you aren't cutting those vegetables correctly. Let me help you." 

Sangyeon gets behind Jacob and puts his hand over his, guiding his movements. 

"See, like this sweetie." Sangyeon instructs, before he starts to kiss Jacob's cheeks. 

"Sang Sang, stop it." Jacob giggles. 

"You want me to stop?" Sangyeon responds, as he continues. 

"Guys, stop making out before you make Hyunjoon throw up." Hyunjae interrupts. 

"Yeah, you guys are going to give a cavity or something." 

Sangyeon gives his boyfriend one more kiss before he goes back to stirring the soup in the pot. When the soup is finally done, the members take turns feeding him. 

"You don't feel that warm." Jacob states, as he touches Hwall's forehead. 

"He must be getting better." 

Hwall asks to go back to bed after they finish feeding him, so Sangyeon carries him to his room. While Hwall sleeps, the members try to be quiet. They sit around listening to music and playing games. 

"It's almost time to pick up Sunwoo and Eric from school." New says. 

"We can go get them." Younghoon and Q say.

"Alright."  Sangyeon approves. 

Sangyeon gets up from the couch and Jacob asks where he is going. 

"To check on Hyunjoon. I just want to see if he is sleeping alright." 

Sangyeon approaches the door, but stops once he hears Hwall talking. 

"No, they didn't figure it out this whole time. I've been faking and none of the hyungs even suspected a thing. I should keep this up for one more day so that they will keep spoiling me." Hwall tells his stuffed cat. 

"What did you just say mister?" Sangyeon says, after he enters the room. 

Hwall freezes, staring at Sangyeon. 

"I....I...."

"You had us all worry about you today and you were faking it?" 

"I'm sorry, hyung." Hwall replies, now with his head down. 

"What is this reason you have that made you lie to us and miss a whole day of school?" 

"I had a math test today and I didn't want to take it. I think that I will do poorly." 

Sangyeon sits down besides Hwall and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Hwall, you have to face it soon or later. If you think it will be that bad, just ask Chanhee and he will help you." 

"Okay. I'll go back to school tomorrow. I'm sorry hyung. Are you mad at me?" 

"I'm not mad, just disappointed in you. I thought that you knew better. Just make sure that you never do this again, because if you do this again you will be grounded." Sangyeon answers. 

"I will never do anything like this again." Hwall assures. 

"Good, now go start studying." 

Hwall has to go to bed early that night as punishment, and to make sure that he is well rested for his test. 

"I can't believe Hyunjoon lied to us about being sick." Jacob blurts out, as he turns off the light switch in their room. 

"Most kids do. Haven't you ever faked being sick?" Sangyeon questions. 

"Never. Why, have you?" 

"Three times." Sangyeon admits. 

"Three times? Then I should have been the one to tell him to go to bed early, you hypocrite." 

"Fine. The next time one of them gets in trouble, it will be your turn to deal with them." 

"Alright, we always take turns anyway." Jacob accepts, before he gets into bed.