Snow Bunny

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

As Jacob is pouring his cereal for breakfast, he realizes that the cereal is almost done, so he goes out to get more right after breakfast. 

"Jakey, where are you going? Why are you going out so early?" Sangyeon asks, as Jacob puts his coat on. 

"It's an emergency." 

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Sangyeon asks, clearly worried. 

"The cereal is almost done." 

"That's it?" Sangyeon questions. 

"Hey cereal is very important." Jacob responds. 

"I know. While you are at the store, can you get some eggs and bread?" 

"Sure." 

Sangyeon zips Jacob's coat up for him and then kisses his forehead. 

"It's freezing cold outside. Come back home quickly, okay?" 

"I will." Jacob replies, putting his hat on. 

They kiss and say I love you to each other before Jacob leaves. 

Jacob buys four boxes of cereal, a carton of eggs, and a loaf of bread at the store. 

On the way home, he notices something moving in the snow from the corner of his eye. Jacob turns to the left and sees more movement in the snow covered alley. Whatever it is, it is getting closer and seems very tiny. It must be a squirrel. Once the animal gets closer, Jacob sees black eyes, a pink nose, and floppy ears. It is a bunny. A bunny that is mostly white with small black patches. Jacob picks it up. 

"Hi. What's your name?" 

The rabbit doesn't seem to have a name tag, but it so friendly that it has to be someone's bunny. However, there is nobody around the area. 

"You must be lost." 

Jacob doesn't want to leave the bunny outside though, it is so cold.

"I can't leave you here. I don't want you to freeze to death. How about you come home with me?" 

Jacob takes his hat off and places the bunny in it to keep it warm. 

When Jacob returns home, he is immediately greeted by Q. 

"Jacob hyung!"

"Changmin, you scared me. Don't sneak up on hyung like that." 

"Sorry."

"It's okay. Where is Sangyeon?" 

"He took Eric, Hwall, and Sunwoo to go play in the snow." 

Q notices the hat that Jacob is holding move. 

"What is that?" 

Jacob decides to tell Q. Q loves cute things, and as long as Sangyeon doesn't find out then everything is alright. 

"Do you promise you won't tell Sangyeon?" 

"I promise." 

Jacob opens the hat and shows Q the bunny. Q lets out a high pitched squeal in response, so Jacob shushes him. 

"It's supposed to be a secret." 

"Sorry." 

"Can you put the groceries away while I look for something to put him in?" 

Q nods and takes the paper bag. 

Jacob searches around the house and finds a paper box to put the bunny in. He also puts a blanket in the box so the bunny is comfortable. Now Jacob just has to find a place to hide the bunny. He decides on the laundry room, because laundry day was yesterday so nobody will be going in there for a while. 

"There you go, nice and comfy now." Jacob says, to the bunny in the box as they sit down together. 

"Jacob hyung, where are you?" 

Jacob moves the sliding door a little to call out to Q. He lets Q in and closes the door. 

"I got water and a carrot for the bunny."

"Thank you." Jacob responds, placing the carrot and the bowl of water in the box. 

"What's its name?" 

"I'm not sure. I found him in the snow without a name tag on." 

"You should name him Snowball." 

"Okay, that's a cute name." 

"Are we going to tell the others?" Q asks. 

"I don't know. We just have to make sure Sangyeon doesn't find out." 

"Why? Are you guys having a fight or something?" 

"No, we aren't upset with each other. I just don't want him to know because if he finds out he'll just say that we can't keep the bunny and tell me to put him back out in the wild." Jacob explains. 

"I'm just going to keep him until we know that he has somewhere to go home to." Jacob continues. 

"Changmin! Where are you?" Younghoon says.

"Oh! Can we tell Younghoonie hyung about Snowball?" 

"Okay." 

Q opens the door. 

"Hyung, come in here." Q whispers to Younghoon. 

"What are you guys doing?"

"Taking care of a bunny." 

Younghoon looks into the box and squeals about how cute the bunny is. 

'Awww, what's his name?" 

"Snowball." 

"Hey, can you two go get some stuff for the bunny?" Jacob asks. 

Younghoon and Q agree to Jacob's request, going to the store to get bunny supplies. Jacob watches over the bunny as it drinks water.

"Jacob!"

Thankfully, it is Kevin calling Jacob. 

"I'm in here Kevin." 

Kevin enters the laundry room and closes the door. 

"What are you doing?"

"Hiding this bunny that I am taking care of from Sangyeon." Jacob answers. 

Kevin looks into the box.

"Oh my gosh, it is so cute." 

"Changmin named him Snowball." 

"He is adorable. Did you find him?"

"Yeah. He was out in the snow, so I brought him here. I'm just going to keep him here until he has a home, I need to hide him until then." 

"Did you report that you found him yet?" 

"Not yet. Can you do it for me?" 

"Sure. Let me just get a photo of him." 

Kevin takes the photo and then goes to make a post on the animal shelter website about the found bunny. 

The bunny stops drinking and then falls asleep. Jacob awws at the sleeping bunny and continues to watch until his name is called again. 

"Oh no, it's Sangyeon." 

Jacob makes sure to close the door before he goes to meet Sangyeon. 

"Honey, you're home." Sangyeon says, hugging Jacob. 

"You guys went out in the snow? It is so cold today though." 

"Yeah, but the maknaes, especially Hwall, wanted to play in the snow and I just couldn't say no. I made sure they were well dressed." 

The maknaes walk in wearing puffy coats, boots, two scarves, gloves, snow pants, and two hats. 

"We need to take all of these off before we overheat." Sunwoo says. 

"While you guys put your stuff away, I'll make you some hot chocolate." 

"Do you want to come help me, Jake Jake?" 

"Sure, let me just go check something really quick." 

Jacob goes to check on Snowball and sees that he is still sleeping. The bunny is just so cute that Jacob ends up watching him until Sangyeon calls him. 

"Yes sweetheart?" Jacob asks, as he enters the kitchen. 

"It's time for you to put in the marshmallows." 

Sangyeon pours the hot chocolate into the mugs and Jacob puts the teddy bear marshmallows in afterwards. Just then, Q sends Jacob a message. 

"Is it okay to come back now?" 

"Sure, give me one minute and then come in." 

"Sangyeonie, come see this." Jacob says, taking Sangyeon's hand and leading him to their room. 

"Look, you can see the snow from this window. In fact, it's snowing right now." 

"You sure love winter, don't you. Do you want to go on a date this Friday?" 

"Of course." 

"Jacob hyung!" 

"I guess I better go see what that is about." 

Jacob goes to the kitchen to meet Younghoon and Q. 

"We hid Snowball's food in the bottom drawer of the fridge." 

"Thank you guys. He is sleeping right now, so we can feed him later."

Jacob, Younghoon, and Q spend the rest of the day with Snowball. They feed him, let him sleep, and melt over how cute he is. 

In the middle of the night, Jacob sneaks out of bed to check on Snowball. On the way there, he runs into Hyunjae and Haknyeon, they are watching television in the living room. 

"What are you doing up?" They all ask each other. 

"We couldn't sleep, so we came out here to watch something boring." Hyunjae explains.

"What are you doing up?" Haknyeon questions Jacob. 

"Okay. Promise me you won't tell Sangyeon about this." 

"Promise." They both respond. 

"I'm going to the laundry room to check on a bunny I brought home." 

"Oh! Can we see?" 

Jacob nods and tells them to follow him. The bunny is chewing on a piece of lettuce when they enter. 

"Awww, its so cute. What is its name?" 

"His name is Snowball." 

They all watch the bunny for a while before going back to bed. 

Things go pretty well with Snowball, he seems happy and Sangyeon doesn't find out about his existence. 

By Friday, about two days after Jacob has found Snowball, all of the other members know about the bunny. Which is why Jacob trusts them to watch him while he goes on his date with Sangyeon. 

Even though it is winter, Sangyeon takes Jacob out to get ice cream.

"I'm shocked that you wanted to get ice cream during winter." 

"It's never too cold for ice cream." Jacob tells his boyfriend. 

"As long as you eat it inside I guess that is true." 

While Sangyeon is talking to Jacob, Jacob spaces out and begins to think about what Snowball must be doing. He told the boys to let him roam, so he could either be hopping all over the house or he could be sleeping.

"Jacob." Sangyeon says, snapping Jacob out of his thoughts. 

"Yes, Sangyeon?" 

"I asked you if you were excited for our comeback." 

"Oh, yeah I am." 

"Good. Your new hair color is cute too." 

"Thank you." Jacob smiles widely. 

After ice cream, Sangyeon insists that they go get coffee so that Jacob is not cold on the way home. Sangyeon gets the drinks, leaving Jacob at the table to text the members about Snowball. They send him a cute video of him hopping around the dorm and eating lettuce. 

"I'm back. Now I can finish telling you about the snowball fight." 

Jacob just thinks about the video that was sent to him while Sangyeon talks. 

"Jacob!" 

"Yes?" 

"Are you even listening? You know, you seem kinda distracted tonight. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just tired I think."

"Well, then make sure you drink your coffee. I don't want the tired monster to take my boyfriend away." 

Jacob giggles at the part about the monster and tells Sangyeon to stop being silly. For the rest of the night, Jacob's attention goes fully to Sangyeon. 

Later that night, Jacob sneaks out of their bed again to check on Snowball. He just can't get enough of that bunny. Snowball is washing his face as Jacob enters. The bunny looks at Jacob afterwards, so he picks him up. 

"I bet you had a lot fun roaming the house today, huh?" Jacob says to Snowball. 

The bunny wiggles its nose in response. 

"You are too precious."

"What is that?" Sangyeon blurts out. 

Jacob scream out of surprise when he hears Sangyeon's voice. 

"Sangyeon, you scared me. What are you doing in here?" 

"What are you doing with a bunny?" Sangyeon asks, closing the door. 

"I found him in the snow when I was coming back from the store the other day. He was alone, so I brought him home with me." Jacob explains. 

"Jacob, you know that taking care of a bunny takes a lot of time and we are too busy. Who will take care of him when we go to another country? You need to return him." 

"No! I found him out in the cold. I can't put him back, he has nowhere to go. He'll freeze to death out there. Please just let me keep him until someone responds to the missing bunny ad we put out." Jacob begs. 

"We can take him to the shelter."

"No, he will be sad and lonely there. Can we please keep him?" 

"I said no, Jacob." 

Jacob pouts and makes sad puppy eyes at Sangyeon. 

"Please."

"No, Jacob." 

"Please, Sang Sang." 

Sangyeon gives in. 

"Fine, but as soon as someone claims him, you have to return him." 

"Thank you, Sangyeon. You are the best boyfriend in the world, I love you." Jacob says, kissing Sangyeon repeatedly. 

"I love you too. So, what is his name?" 

"Snowball." 

"What a cute name." 

"Thank you, I came up with it." Q comments. 

Sangyeon and Jacob are startled by this and Sangyeon opens the door. They see that the rest of the boys are at the door. 

"You blew our cover." New tells Q. 

"What is everyone doing up?" Sangyeon questions.

"We heard Jacob hyung scream."

"Sorry about that." Jacob apologizes. 

"We really get to keep Snowball for a few more days?"

"Just until someone claims him." Sangyeon clarifies. 

The boys all jump around happily. 

"Okay, time to go back to bed everyone." Sangyeon announces. 

"Put Snowball to bed and then come back to sleep, okay honey?"

"Yes Sang Sang." 

The boys all have fun with the bunny for the next couple of days. They let him roam the house, eat vegetables, and watch him take naps. 

Unfortunately, the fun soon ends when Kevin tells everyone that somebody has claimed the bunny. 

"What?"

"Yeah. She said that she'll be in town to pick him up tomorrow afternoon." 

"Well, that means we still have one day with him. Let's enjoy it." Sangyeon says, to cheer the members up. 

The rest of the day is spent holding Snowball, taking photos and videos to remember him by, and petting him gently. 

The next day, it is time for Snowball to go.

"Here is your bunny miss."

"Thank you boys so much for taking care of Milo in this cold weather. I hope he wasn't too much trouble." 

"No trouble at all. He is absolutely adorable."

"He sure is. Thank you again for watching him and taking him in. I hope you all have a wonderful day."

"You too." 

The boys are all going to miss Snowball, but they are happy that he is now back home.