It Shouldn't Be This Way

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Sangyeon knows that Jacob scares easily, everyone knows that. Sangyeon thinks that it is funny and a bit cute how he gets scared over such small things, so he decides to prank him one night. 

As Jacob is getting ready for bed, Sangyeon hides behind the door wearing a goblin mask. He waits for Jacob to enter their room. Once he does, Sangyeon makes his move. 

"Boo!" He yells, reaching out for Jacob. 

Jacob screams, falling to the floor and backing away in fear. Sangyeon laughs, taking off his mask.

"I got you! That was hilarious!" Sangyeon says. 

Jacob's expression changes from scared to mad. He just ignores Sangyeon and goes to his own bed. 

"Jacob, what are you doing? You don't want to sleep with me tonight?" 

"No. Leave me alone." Jacob says.

He turns his back to Sangyeon and pulls his blanket over his head. 

"Alright, good night." 

The next morning, Hyunjae questions them about the scream he heard last night. 

"It was just Sangyeon being an idiot."

"An idiot? You are taking this way too seriously. It was just a joke."

"Oh, so it is funny to you to scare me to death?" 

"Don't be such a baby."

"I'm not, you're being a jerk. You know, whatever. I'm done talking to you about this." Jacob says, stomping out of the kitchen. 

Sangyeon sighs and urges the maknaes to hurry up so he can take them to school. 

When Sangyeon comes back, Jacob confronts him. 

"Why did you take the maknaes to school without me?" 

"They were running late, so I told them to hurry."

"You're trying to pin them against me, aren't you?"

"What the heck are you talking about?" Sangyeon replies. 

"You know exactly what I am talking about." 

Sangyeon just sighs and leaves. 

That night, Jacob sleeps in the living room, wanting to be as far away from Sangyeon as possible. 

They ignore each other for most of the following day, until the boys have their game night. 

Jacob is about to successfully take a block out of the Jenga tower, but then Sangyeon knocks the tower over. 

"Hey, you did that on purpose!" 

"No I did not. Just admit you lost, sore loser!" Sangyeon snaps back.

"You cheated!"

"Did not." 

"Cheater!" Jacob argues. 

"Loser!"

"Jerk!" 

"Forget this, I'm going to my room." Sangyeon says, stomping off to his room. 

"Fine, so am I!" Jacob yells. 

He walks over to the nearby couch and lays his blanket over himself. 

That night, it becomes clear that the fight is starting to affect Jacob. 

Kevin stumbles out of bed to get some water. When he turns the kitchen light on, he sees Jacob at the table. He is eating cereal from the box and crying. 

"Jacob?"

"Hey, Kevin." 

"What are you doing up so late? It is two in the morning. And why are you crying?" Kevin questions. 

"I couldn't sleep, I've been thinking about Sangyeon and our fight."

Kevin sits down next to Jacob and nods. 

"You guys have been fighting for a while now." 

"I know. We've never had a fight like this before. It makes me worry. What if we never get back together? What if Sangyeon doesn't love me anymore?"

At that thought, Jacob bursts into tears. 

"He'll never call me Jake Jake again." Jacob cries out, as he continues to sob. 

"Jacob, come here." 

Kevin hugs Jacob tightly and pats his back. 

"It will be okay Jacob. You two will make up soon and then everything will be back to normal." Kevin reassures Jacob, hoping that his own statement is correct. 

"I hope so." Jacob responds, wiping his tears away. 

"Feel better now?" 

"A little. Thanks, Kevin." 

"No problem man." Kevin says, patting Jacob on the back before leaving the kitchen. 

The next, day Sangyeon and Jacob get into yet another argument during practice. 

Jacob accidentally steps on Sangyeon's foot while dancing. 

"Hey, you did that on purpose!" Sangyeon acknowledges, stopping the routine. 

"I did not!" 

"Yes you did, you-"

"That is enough you two. You've been fighting for days now and it is just making things worse for everyone. We're gonna leave and you guys will stay in here until you settle this." Hyunjae says, leaving the room with the rest of the members following him. 

Sangyeon and Jacob are left in the room, staring at each other. Sangyeon decides to break that silence with an insult.

"Now we are stuck in here and it is all your fault." 

Jacob is ready to fire back, but he stops himself. He needs to resolve this, he wants Sangyeon back. He just wants to be happy with him again. 

"I'm not going to fight with you. I don't care about who is right or wrong anymore. I just want this fight to be over already." 

Jacob sits down and starts crying. Sangyeon rushes over and holds him closely. 

"Jakey, please don't cry." 

Hearing that nickname makes Jacob cry even more.

"I've missed you calling me that nickname." Jacob says, taking his face out of Sangyeon's chest to look him in the eye. 

"I've missed you so much, and I.... I feel like you don't love me anymore.... I had a nightmare that you wanted to break up with me last night, I couldn't sleep after that." Jacob explains, before crying into his hands. 

Seeing Jacob cry like this, makes Sangyeon cry too. 

"Jacob, there is nothing in this world that would ever make me stop loving you." Sangyeon responds, taking Jacob's hands from his face so he can hold them. 

"You know, I've been having trouble sleeping too. It isn't the same in our room without you there. I miss you so much." 

"Sangyeon, this is all my fault. I overreacted to your prank and started this whole thing. I'm sorry." 

"No, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have pranked you like that, especially since you get scared so easily. I'm sorry." 

"I love you, Sangyeon." Jacob says, hugging his boyfriend. 

"I love you too, Jacob." 

Sangyeon breaks the hug to give Jacob a kiss. 

"Your eyes are sweating." Jacob jokes, after the kiss. 

Sangyeon laughs and they both wipe each other's remaining tears before kissing again. 

"I missed doing that." 

"Then come here." Sangyeon replies, pulling Jacob in for a longer kiss. 

Just then, the rest of the members walk in. 

"Guys, there are children in the room." 

"Well, we thought you guys left." 

"Since you two were just making out, I guess that means you made up." Younghoon assumes. 

"Yes, we made up." 

The boys all cheer happily in response to the amazing news. Finally, things are back to normal.