Sincerely, Someone you’ll never meet..

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A quick update!!

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. The flashback is in bold italics while anything in purple is conversed in English!

 

Enjoy!!!

 

Author POV

 

The word relief is an underestimate to what Peter felt once he received the call from Reya. He was quite cautious to answer what looked like a call from a Korean number but nevertheless answered in the midst of the tense situation he was put into, which led to where he was rushing to – the airport.

Peter was almost on the verge of losing his job and Reya being given the order to be sent to jail for life, but her one call put a halt on everything. Reya was ordered to surrender herself in the nearest police, who had confirmed her arrival and seized the currently turned off mobile phone she had in her procession. As Peter and his immediate subordinates, Clint and Diana, ascended to Los Angeles, Reya was being treated for her injuries. Her ankle was cut and sprained, elbow almost dislocated and had lost consciousness.

“What’s the status on the buyer’s list?” Peter inquired

“We’re tracking their whereabouts Peter.” Clint informed

“All we need is one cooperating person. We’ll go instead of him and take the bastard down”

It was confirmed that Reya was kidnapped by a former employer whom she cheated and stole valuable artifacts that could have earned him millions. He now had acquired or with the pen drive Reya had provided, is suspected to have stolen more artifacts and is to sell in the black market for the highest bidder. The reason for her kidnapping is still unknown, but Peter would not stop until the perpetrator is behind bars for both theft and attempted kidnap.

“And did you get the boys to check for CCTV around the location the anklet was last tracked?”

“They’re already on it Peter” Diana informed.

“Good” Peter breathed in relief, “Now let’s get our troublemaker back home”

 

 

 

To the someone who unknowing helped me out,

 

Due to unavoidable circumstances, I had to borrow the following of your belongings - your black hoodie, a t-shirt a pair of your denims and your phone.

I’m very sorry to have broken into your room. I didn’t mean to but I had no option but to.

You can, in all rights, complain this B&E to the administration. But don’t try calling your phone since it will not work.

I thank you, whoever you are, for helping me escape from this hotel, that is unless they captured me before I escape.

If it is the latter, I blame you since I’ve been wasting around 5 minutes which could have saved me from those hooligans, pondering what to write to you.

 

Sincerely,

Someone you will never meet

 

The two males started at each other as Yoochun’s hand lowered along with the paper. Not a second passed, they dashed out of the room and into the broken into one.

“Hyung, blood!” Yoochun gasped, his finger pointing at the trail of blood spots that lead to the bed. “Oh my god! Was that person injured?”                                                                                                               

Jaejoong could only nod as his eyes began to scan around.

“Better call manager hyung don’t you think?”

“Wait”

Gently, Jaejoong, making sure to not trample the evident blood, opened the door to the bathroom. There they were, laying aimlessly on the wet floor, discarded clothes which belonged to the intruder.

“Hold on. Is that a bra?” Yoochun took a step closer, tone raising in both curiosity and interest, skipping past Jaejoong, who, for some unknown reason, had halted.

“JESUS IN THE HEAVENS! IT’S A GIRL!”

Yoochun took a step back to turn to Jaejoong who stood there startled, eyes dead set on the clothes.

“I’m calling manager”

 

Within a matter of thirty minutes, Jaejoong was given another room – a better one than the one the company had paid him for. The new room was free of charge, all facilities inclusive. He now was sitting on the edge of his new bed staring into nothingness.

He himself has been questioning as to why he calmly took the situation. Maybe since it wasn’t a sasaeng – his first fright once he opened the door to his room, he didn’t panic.

But why is he feeling rather different? It was as if something was pricking him all over, getting him quite uncomfortable.

Maybe it is because of the contents of the letter? Especially the part where she has informed of getting captured. For she wasn’t lying. Jaejoong made it a point to see the damage done, the trails of blood all around the room. Just like the paper stated, she had only taken his hoodie which was, unfortunately one of his favourites, his white tee and a pair of sweat pants.

Scary – it was for Jaejoong, for two reasons. One – the room wasn’t as secure as he expected it to be, and two, the situation of the girl.

Having lived with 9 girls, Jaejoong had gotten rather protective of the weaker . And from what he understood, this girl surely was in trouble, and that got him uneasy. No matter what had happened, she was a girl and was injured. He hoped that she had gotten help as soon as possible.

His hand reached to his right side pocket and pulled out a messily folded piece of paper – the letter that gave him all unnecessary luxury. For some irrational reason Jaejoong made Yoochun promise not to reveal anything about the letter to anyone else. He doesn’t know why. He doesn’t care why he did it. All he knew was that he had to keep it and he did.

“Who are you?” He asked the paper as if the writer were there, “What type of trouble are you in?” He continued, “Did I do the right thing to hide this from everyone? Because it just felt to do so.” He kept mum for a minute as if he were expecting the paper to respond.

And when it didn’t, his shoulders slumped and the paper was kept to a side. 

But he had to admit the fact that she took the initiative of informing him brought a smile to his face.

“I hope you escaped Miss. Someone-I’ll-Never-Meet” He muttered to himself, his finger tracing the paper where she had called herself 'Someone you will never meet'. “I hope you are safe and have taken care of your injury”. A smile continued to dance around his lips until he found himself falling back onto the bed and sleeping, his fingers not failing to hold onto the sheet of paper firmly.

 

The kidnapers meanwhile weren’t very happy with the situation Reya had put them into. The pen drive wasn’t in their hands, meaning they had no indication of who the buyers are.

“You are such an idiot for not having a backup!” He yelled at one man specifically, who happened to be the one Reya had knocked down. “Why didn’t you?!”

“I didn’t want to have evidence everywhere boss”

“Why weren’t you careful with her?! Didn’t I tell you to be very cautious?!”

How could he when he desired her more? He kept quiet, not daring to look at his boss for a couple of minutes, until he finally regained his confidence to speak up.

“Each buyer was given a code to enter the building. Therefore there is no chance for another to come in boss”

“That better be so, else you’ll not live to see tomorrow’s sunrise” He warned, “Given who she is, she would have planned to ruin things for us. Careful boys, and make sure to check the buyers before letting them into the room.”

Shooting a glare at his incompetent worker, the boss walked out of the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter