Under The Red Moon

The Reason Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Two Upvotes?!!!!!   HOLY AWESOME!!!!!

Thank you Neng2ovid and tonnettie

 

Anyways, this is chapter two for y'all! Hope you'll enjoy this!

THOUGHTS ARE IN ITALICS. Font in purple is spoken in English :)

 

Author POV

 

Elizabeth had hailed a taxi to reach to the location of the gala. Reya was still in two minds, her fingers unconsciously pushing the dress down to cover the anklet on her right leg. She had managed to raise it higher but still wasn’t confident enough. She wasn’t afraid that someone will spot the anklet and pinpoint that a criminal is at a gala but was worried that Elizabeth would be blamed for bringing her in. Reya heaved a sigh and looked to her left, towards the kind lady who was busy typing on her smartphone. No matter how fast Elizabeth typed Reya was able to deduce what was being typed.

She didn’t mean to, but that just happens because that is who she is.

“How far is the place?” She asked Elizabeth

“30 minutes tops ma’am” The driver responded adjusting the mirror such that he could see Reya through it.

“Ok thanks” Reya smiled.

The driver couldn’t help but feel his heart flutter. She was a very beautiful girl and being a man, he couldn’t help it.

Both women were actually gorgeous – Elizabeth’s fair skin, her beautiful facial features, especially those green eyes of hers, could get any man into a trance. Reya on the other hand was tanner, wore glasses in front of her chocolate brown eyes that could stare deep into your soul.

Unfortunately both women caught the driver forget about his livelihood and stare at them through the mirror.

“Eyes on the road Mr.” Elizabeth smirked.

“Oh !” He cussed to himself and immediately focused on the road.

Reya smiled, eyes falling from Mrs. Suit to the driver, and made her comfortable over the backseat. Her eyes unconsciously looked out, falling over the tall buildings of Manhattan that lit up the night sky. But what caught her sight was the bright moon that peeked every now and then between buildings. Something about the moon had always fascinated her. Ever since she was small she had the habit to watch the moon every night before she sleeps. And when it was the full moon she, when she was living in hiding, would try to sneak up to the roof of the temporary motel she lived and sleep under the moonlight. The moon, somehow gave her a feeling of being protected, like there was someone by her, taking care of her when she was asleep. Weird, people would think, but that was how it was for this girl. Maybe since she was an orphan she resorted to such dependencies, but no one can conclude anything for she herself isn’t able to explain why she was feeling so.

For a genius capable of solving cases for the government, she sure had too many unanswered questions about herself.

Her eyes began to get heavier the longer she stared at the moon. It felt as if the bright moon was singing a lullaby to the girl who hardly sleeps. Reya soon shut her vision to the other world, the moon shining over her beautiful face, continuing to sooth the tired girl’s heart and soul.

 

 

Somewhere in Los Angeles, three males had finally reached their designated hotel. Thank goodness they had worn comfortable clothes else they would have gotten very uncomfortable. What shocked them the most were the number of fans who were waiting to greet them at the airport. Yes, it was nothing close to the number that flock in Shanghai and other Asian cities but this was quite crazy for them because they didn’t expect to be almost cornered by the girls who were freely running towards them.

“Oh thank god!” Junsu breathed out once he stepped into the elevator, followed by Yoochun and finally Jaejoong.

Yoochun too looked rather tired whereas Jaejoong bore a rather indifferent look. The idols were asked to head to their rooms first and the staff would follow them. Out of the staff who were busy pulling their bags and the equipment, one of them actually did nothing except for looking at the elevator where JYJ entered.

Especially at one certain gentleman.

Her eyes stared down at his tall lean back profile, savoring the sight of his brownish locks, down to his broad shoulders. Lowering her gaze she finally spotted something that boiled her blood. He was still holding a pink bag that was given to him by a fan. She hated how he smiled at her, slowing down to take a look at the American who wore a very girlish dress. Jaejoong had always liked to see girls who were elegant and ladylike. Lisa knew what was in that goddarn bag – something that shows the fan’s love towards him. Oh! How much did she want to rip that bag from his hold and literally rip it apart!

But could she do it? NO!

But does that mean she wouldn’t try to do it?

She might… Especially if that means she could see him in his bedroom all alone and unguarded.

“Lisa-ssi! Can you please help us with the equipment?”

Her head snapped towards the owner of the request, eyes instantly turning hard as she glared him down. The male who was the manager of the idols when they perform as a band instantly stilled.

“What I mean was” He cleared his throat and adjusted his coat, “We need to speed up and get to our rooms”

Lisa, noticing that her fellow staff turning towards her direction, immediately composed herself and nodded. The manager cleared his throat once again and walked back towards his stuff, away from the girl. But she, though carrying the stuff, had her eyes dead set on him. A couple of minutes later when they were heading towards the elevators, she managed to get hold on him.

“Stop me once again, and I’ll make sure your little sister won’t see the daylight ever again” She threated in a hushed yet harsh whisper and walked ahead, leaving the older male stunned.

His face paled and heart began to patter harder in fright. Only when a junior gently tapped his shoulder did he snap back to reality, managing to mask his worry and smile at the other male. His eyes darted towards the elevator where Lisa had gotten in, meeting her smirk at him as the doors shut.

Jaejoong stepped into his room and securely shut the door. The lights had automatically once the keycard was pressed on brightening the room in an instant. Heaving a sigh Jaejoong carried his luggage and placed it in the lowest shelf of the wardrobe. He scooted down and opened the zip to pull a change of clothes. Walking towards the bathroom, Jaejoong shut the door and got on to have a wash. As much he was tired, Jaejoong wasn’t sleepy. He was yet to adjust to the time zone and therefore was sure that he wouldn’t sleep tonight. After drying himself up he stepped out of the wet bathroom and finally took his time to check out the room.

It had a very comfortable king-sized bedroom with curtains on its right covering the glass door that opened to the balcony.

The balcony! His mind exclaimed, and his body began to move ahead. Jaejoong pushed the curtain, not bothering to search for the remote, later sliding the door to step into the balcony. There she was, the moon, so bright and powerful in the night sky, giving Jaejoong a sense of calm within him, instantly making all his tiredness disappear.

“So beautiful!” He breathed out, chin poking towards the moon’s direction, his pale skin glimmering under her light.

His eyes shut, breathing in multiple deep breaths, hands reaching to hold onto the railings of the balcony. A gently smile appeared in the corner of his lips, making his cheeks raise as his grip on the railing tightened. He wasn’t sure how long he was standing in the balcony, but soon the sense of being watched began to distract him. Being an idol, a very famous one in his case, it was obvious that people watch his every move. But Jaejoong had always had this feeling that someone was keeping a r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter