Chapter 28

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung is fidgeting because she feels being watch over by SinB. That young girl indeed know how to intimidating.

 

"I have to go to the traditional market." Sojung said while untying her appron.

"I'm going with you." SinB unchalantly said without turn away her sight to her cell phone screen while her fingers keep scrolling and typing something on it.

Sojung just deeply sigh.

 

At traditional fish market ...

While Sojung shopping, SinB somehow is taking a distance between them. Pretending to be a ordinary tourist. Pretending to doesn't care or looking at anything elses but what Sojung looking for, but that younger girl maintaining to keeping track following Sojung anywhere she going.

 

"Ahjumma, how much is this?.." Sojung politely ask about the Hairtail fish (galchi jorim)'s price.

"It's 10.000₩ each." The fish seller ahjumma said.

"Omo! So expensive~.." Sowon exagerating to be shocked.

"The weather is pretty bad lately. The wave is dangerous. That's why the price is a bit inflate these days.." the fish seller ahjumma explain.

"But.. it's too expensive. Can't you give me a discount, please... this is for my son's dinner. He craving for Hairtail fish grill. He keep on asking me for it." Sojung trying to persuade along with a bit of aegyo pouting lip.

"Uhmm... Okay. But don't tell anybody.. I'll give you lower price..." the fish seller ahjumma said in whisper, "Just because this is for my favourite boy Joonwoo."

Sowon smile wider, she nod. The ahjumma quickly put the Hairtail fish into Sojung's shopping bag. Sojung give the usual price money to Imo that quickly take it and put it into her pocket without care to count it.

 

On the other seller...

"Tell Joonwoo, this is from me." The squid seller ahjumma said with kind smile.

"Yes, of course. I'm gonna tell him. He is gonna very happy with this squid. Thank you, Ahjumma." Sojung politely said, then says goodbye as she needs to buy another things from another stalls.

 

Then again...

"Ahjumma~.. can you give discount for these Jeju Gamgyul Gwajul (Jeju Tangerine Honey Cookies _ 제주 감귤과즐)? Joonwoo loves it a lot. He craving for this. He keep on asking me for these." Sojung trying to persuade with a bit of aegyo pouting lip. She use exactly the same scenario as the fish seller ahjumma before.

"Uhm.. okay. I can give you in lower price. Just because these for Joonwoo. Why you not bring him with you? I miss him. He such a cute boy." The cookies seller ahjumma said while put lots of Gamgyul Gwajul into Sojung's shopping bag.

"He already being a student. He at school at times like this." Sojung tell.

"Ah... he already being a kindergarden student?"

"Yes."

"Is he like being at school?"

"Yes. He loves is. He makes lots of friends."

"Yeah. I bet he is. He's so adorable. I'm sure he makes lots of friends."

 

Suddenly...

"Ahjumma, can you give me discount too?"

Sojung and the ahjumma-seller turn to where the sound source.

It's Kyunsang. He smiling. Sojung quickly trying to find where SinB is at that time, worry if that girl coming to throw her anger to that man who is standing right next to her.

"Why I have to give you discount?" The cookies seller ahjumma ask.

"Because I know Joonwoo too. And I need to buy lots of Jeju Gamgyul Gwajul to bring back to Seoul."

The cookies seller ahjumma turn to look at Sojung, "You know this man, Sojung-ah?"

Sojung just nod, she is fidgeting, her eyes nervously searching for SinB, but she even can't find at least a glimpse of that girl.

"How many you need?" The cookies seller ahjumma ask again.

"Uhmm.. about 2 boxes." Kyunsang said.

"Oh.. 2 boxes? You doesn't need to tell me that you know Joonwoo to get discount. I will  definitely give you discount for buying that much." The cookies seller ahjumma smiling, "Wait up. I'll get it for you." So then the cookies seller ahjumma go inside her stalls to get 2 boxes of Jeju Gamgyul Gwajul for Kyunsang.

"Is Joonwoo very popular here? So you just have to mention about him to get discount?" Kyunsang teasing.

Sojung taken aback by that tease. She sheepishly grining.

Kyunsang chuckle, "I've been stalking you from a while ago. You used the same scenario when you bought hairtail fish over there, also on squid over there. Did you?"

Sojung blushing, embarassing.

Kyunsang laugh louder, "Don't worry I won't tell anybody about your 'trick'. I just gonna use it for myself. Hahaha!"

"It's not a trick. My son is trully good boy. So it's obvious if everybody naturally loves him." Sojung argue. Feeling a bit offended.

"Hey.. don't be offended. I mean... you must be proud of your son. He is so lovable, so everybody adore him." Kyunsang said.

"I am proud of him." Sojung confidently said.

"What I'm trying to say is.. you doing great being his mother, so Joonwoo become such a lovable kid." Kyunsang compliment.

Sojung taken aback, but then she feel proud of that heartwarming compliment. Her upset instantly gone. She beam a smile.

 

"Here you are, Young Man. Your 2 boxes of Jeju Gamgyul Gwajul." The cookies seller ahjumma excitingly come out with 2 boxes on her hands.

Kyunsang accept it then pay for it.

"Is this handsome man your friend, Sojung-ah? He looks not from around here. I never see him before." The cookies seller ahjumma ask to Sojung.

Sojung a bit taken aback by that question. She froze for a while. Doesn't know what she should respond.

Kyunsang chuckle, "Yes. I am from Seoul. And we are not friends, Ahjumma." He tell.

"What? Not friends..."  the cookies seller Ahjumma frowning, "Then what? Are you in relationship? Is he gonna be your husband, Sojung-ah?"

Sojung chocked by that blunt question. She even coughs for few times.

Kyunsang laugh, "Hahaha!! I wish that's true, Ahjumma. Hahaha!! But no. Unfortunately it's not like that kinda relationship. Instead... we are actually in bad term."

Ahjumma seller frowning even more, "Bad term? What happened? Are you ex-lover?"

Sojung even more shocked by that question.

While Kyunsang in the other hand laugh louder, "Yes, we are. Wow! Ahjumma, you are very smart. Are you have special abillity such a shaman? Or maybe fortune teller? Can you read my future or tell me the right bet to win lottery?"

The cookies seller ahjumma smirking proudly, "Yeah.. I heard that a lot. But no I'm not a shaman. I just have keen eyes for something like this."

Kyunsang chuckle.

"But why you broke up? You two look really good together. Handsome and beautiful. Both very tall. Why don't you just get back together?" The cookies seller ahjumma become more and more blunt.

Sojung sigh, then quickly excuse herself to go away from that awkward situation.

 

Kyunsang following her with still chuckling, "Hey wait for me. Let's go together. I don't know this area. I've lost few times before. This market is very crowded."

"Don't carelessly tell anybody about our past like that! You giving me troubles." Sojung scolding.

"What troubles? I just tried to be friendly. Was that bad things?..." Kyunsang telling excuse.

"Friendly? Geez... since when you effortly being friendly with common people even more at the market like this? As I know very well that you just being friendly to elite rich people with outhority who have possibility to give opportunity and benefit for you." Sojung sneering.

"Hey.. you shouldn't be that rude. People change. So do I." Kyunsang defend himself.

Sojung abruptly stop her steps, Kyunsang almost bump on her. Sojung glare at him, "I don't believe you able to change. Uhmm... wait..  you might change. Worse is possible. But better... I don't think so." Then she walk away, while Kyunsang froze in his spot feeling offended.

 

 

Gosh.. where is SinB?

Is she lost or something?

Why she doesn't pick up my phone call?

Sojung grumbling by herself. She can't find SinB, while she desperatedly want to go away from that place as soon as possible. For the upteenth time, Sojung dialing SinB's phone number, trying to call that girl.

 

 

But then...

A car stop very close with Sojung position at that time, that makes Sojung stop and frown, unpleased. The car window slowly getting down, so then Sojung able to see who the driver is. It's Kyunsang. He smiling to her.

"Sojung-ah, don't be like this... c'mon get in. I'll drive you home." Kyunsang said.

"No. Thanks. I can get home by myself." Sojung refuse the offer.

"Uhmm... let's eat together. We need to talk. We have lots of thing to talk about."

"No. Thanks." Then Sojung continue to walk away, while her eyes busy scanning all over that place, trying to find SinB.

 

"Hey... wait! C'mon Sojung-ah... I just want to apologized." Kyunsang said while slowly driving his car, trying to be at the same speed with Sojung's steps.

"We don't have to eat together for you to apologized to me." Sojung arguing.

"Yeah... I know. But I think we should make time to talk a lot. By eat together is nice way, right?" Kyunsang insist.

"But I don't want to." Sojung keep rejecting.

"So you not gonna forgive me?" Kyunsang bluntly ask.

 

Sojung abruptly stop her steps, so Kyunsang also trying his best to stop his car right away.

"Do you really need me to forgive you?" Sojung questioning.

Kyunsang frown and a bit tilt his head. Confuse. But he then nod.

"Do you really know what's your fault?" Sojung questioning more.

Kyunsang on silent, frowning.

Sojung sigh, then continue to walk away.

"Hey! Wait up! Tell me!" Kyunsang drive his car along with Sojung movement. "Sojung-ah... what was my fault?"

Sojung just keep on silent.

So Kyunsang decided to stop his car on the side of the street, get out of it, then chase Sojung by walk.

"Sojung-ah... c'mon, let's talk. We should stop our long hostility. I have to go back to Seoul later, so I want to make things right between us before I go." Kyunsang keep begging.

"Is that a problem for you? We don't need to talk. We don't need to reconcile. Just stay away from me. That's the best solve for us both." Sojung said.

But then suddenly Kyunsang grab Sojung's hand, pull her and force her to come along him to enter a small stall right near them.

 

Finally seating on the terrace of the stall...

Sojung is pouting. Obviously upset.

"Hey.. don't be upset. Let's be grown up and reconcile. It's not good thing to have enemy for the rest of our life. Don't you tired of this?" Kyunsang ask.

"I am tired. I'm exhausted. You keep on bring troubles in my life. We can't get along. That's why I decided to get away from you. But instead... why you keep on coming and messing my life?" Sojung being blunt.

"Because I can't let you go! I love you Sojung-ah." Kyunsang almost yell.

 

Silence between them...

Sojung froze by heard that.

 

 

Then the awkwardness between them disturbed when the waiter come to bring their food order.

 

They eating in silent.

They seems too focus on their eating. When actually it feels very awkward. There's so much running in their head at that time. Sojung even barely taste her food. It just naturally get inside , munching it few times then swallow automatically.

 

"Sojung-ah..." Kyunsang break the silence between them.

Sojung abruptly roughly put her chopstick on the table, making a banging sound. "Be serious! Don't says crap things!"

"I'm serious! I love you. I always love you. I can't get over you. That's why I kept on looking for you, until I finally found you here in this island." Kyunsang insist.

"What you said doesn't match reality. You cheated! Many times!"

"I know! I'm sorry!"

Sojung scoffed, then irritatingly smirking, "You think everything will be fine with just say 'sorry'? You think it just that easy? What do you think I am? A kid?! Geez! What a totally jerk of you!"

"So tell me what do you want me to do to make it up to you?" Kyunsang challenging.

"Can't you think?!" Sojung exploding.

Fortunately there's no other customer there, since that time is not lunch time yet. Also the wind and seashore is doing great on penting up their conversation.

 

 

Kyunsang sigh, "You want me to be loyal just to you?"

"It's obvious when people being a couple. It's basic, don't you know that?!" Sojung sneering.

Kyunsang sigh deeper.

"But you don't have to do that now. Since we are no longer a couple." Sojung mocking.

Kyunsang staring right into Sojung's eyes, "Can w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter