Chapter 37

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you mean ‘he is rich’?” Sojung questioning with frown on her forehead.

“Hyeokjae Oppa is rich man, Unnie. He actually who own the supplier company where he work at.” Yerin finally tell that fact to Sojung.

“You kidding me, right? It’s not funny.” Sojung said with irritated expression.

“I’m not kidding you, Unnie. It’s the truth. I asked Detective to investigated him. I also already asked him in person to made sure.” Yerin firmly said while look straight at Sojung’s eyes.

“Even though it’s true, why you all keep recommended him to marry me? What’s the poin?” Sojung keep on questioning.

“In order to you become married couple who financially stable, become the best adopter qualification, that will end your long struggle to be succeeded to legally adopt Joonwoo.” Eunha confidently answer.

“It’s not have to be him.” Sojung arguing.

“Do you have another person to choose? Anyway.. what’s wrong with him? He’s kindhearted man. He’s helped you, remember?” Yuju questioning.

“Hyeokjae Oppa is tall, strong, brave, and he is not ugly either. Actually.. he’s good looking and charming.” Eunha added her very personal opinion.

“He is hardworking person.” Yerin also add a point.

“Hyeokjae Hyung is loves you, Unnie.” SinB finally said.

Sojung quickly turn to look at SinB. She has a kinda surprised expression plastered on her face.

 

“What did you just said, SinB?” Sojung asked.

“Hyeokjae Hyung is loves you. That's why we recommended him, because we know his feeling for you and we trust him that he will take good care of you and Joonwoo.” SinB repeating without hesitation.

“How you know that?”

“Hyeokjae Hyung said.”

“He told you that?”

“Yes.”

“When?”

“When he sleep over here, guarding us from medias.”

“And you believe that?”

“Yeah. I believe him.”

“Why?”

“Because I believe he is sincere. He is not pretending. He even not boasting his richness. He’s humble. He willing to approach you while putting aside his wealth. When other rich guy will do the opposite to get the woman he loves.”

“You said ‘he is not pretending’? so what about him acting like an ordinary guy who work a rough job? You not called that as ‘pretending’? He’s hiding his true self. Is that what you called as ‘sincere’? You must be have something wrong with your head.” Sojung sneering.

“He is looking for true love. A woman who loves him because of his personality. Not because he’s rich.” SinB argue.

“But you told me to marry him because he’s rich. So what kind of woman am I? is it kind of woman that he looking for? I don’t think so…” Sojung upsetly protest.

The girls become speechless, don’t have argument to against that. They just realized that what they said were unconsistency, contradiction. Sojung deserves to be upset.

 

 

 

The sun almost set. The sky is showing colors changing that makes anyone who watching it willingly spend time. That’s what Joonwoo and his 5 imos doing on the backyard of the house. They calm down for a while to enjoy ‘the nature performance’ after they had a very amused play time together.

Meanwhile, Sojung is cleaning up the store, preparing to close her business for that day. She just about to turn around her signage from ‘open’ to ‘close’, when an old truck enter her yard then stop near the tree. A man come out from the car, it’s Hyeokjae. While that man walking towards her, slowly but sure getting nearer and nearer. Sojung can’t held herself to take a more properly look at that man…

 

Uhmm.. he’s looks like his usual.

Nothing like a rich man.

His car is just an old truck. His clothes also very common..

The girls maybe just pranked me… I should give each of them a nice slap later. What naughty girls…

Sojung thought by herself.

 

 

Hyeokjae calmly climb up the stairs of the terrace, then stop right in front of Sojung. That makes Sojung naturally straightened her way to stand, also a bit lift up her face to look at his face.

 

Oh wait… is he usually this tall?

I never realized it before, that he actually this quite taller than me. I bet he more than 10 centimeters taller. Or maybe 15 centimeters…?

And oh… his eyes. His hazel eyes. My goodness… How I could forget about it?

Wait… it looks darker than I saw it before.

Is he in bad mood?

He is somehow look sad…

Sojung unconsciously busy with her thought about him at that time.

 

“Anyeong…” Hyeokjae shortly greet. He actually very nervous at that time.

“Anyeong.” Sojung greet him back, the same short greeting, “What’s up? Is there something important that you by yourself came here at this kind of hour?” she awkwardly asked.

“Uhmm… Yerin called me. And told me what happened.” Hyeokjae said in very calm tone.

 

He’s not sounds like he used to be.

Ah.. maybe it because conversation that he used to did with me were just quarrel and bickered.

I almost never heard him talk in normal way other than upset and irritate tone.

Uhm.. his voice actually sounds nice in this kind of calm and manly tone.

It somehow calming…

Sojung just found that.

 

“Oh.. Yerin…” Sojung awkwardly respond, “You wanna see her? She is on the backyard with the girls and Joonwoo. Want me to call her?”

“No. I came here is not to meet Yerin… I think we need to talk.”

“We? With me?” Sojung awkwardly questioning.

“Yeah. Can we have a talk? Uhmm.. Do you have time?”

Sojung suddenly nervous, “Yeah. Let’s talk.”

 

They suddenly in the middle of an awkward moment…

 

“Here? Just standing like this?” Sojung asked a very awkward questions.

“Ah, let’s take a seat then.. or do you want to go somewhere?” Hyeokjae also asked a very awkward questions.

“Uhmm…”

Sojung just about to say something when suddenly there’s sounds of running steps, then SinB appearing from the side of the house, followed with Yuju and Joonwoo who come hand in hand, those girls and Joonwoo seems come straight from the backyard.

 

“Hyung! You’re here!” SinB looks happy to see Hyeokjae, as she resting her arms on the wooden fence of the terrace. While Yuju politely bow a greet as she walking closer. She lift Joonwoo up to seat him on the top of the fence so that little boy able to see what happening on the terrace, and stay standing closer so that boy able to reach out his arm twine on her neck, securing his position.

“Oh.. anyeong..” Hyeokjae stutterly greeting.

 

Suddenly, the door opened from inside, and Yerin come out with wide smile, followed by Umji who unexpectedly hand over a coat to Sojung.

“You better go somewhere and have a proper talk.” Yerin said with witty grin.

“Don’t worry, Unnie, we’ll take good care of Joonwoo.” Umji assuring.

“Feel free to get back at any time you want.” Eunha said as she join in the terrace, to hand over Sojung’s cellphone.

Sojung and Hyeokjae become more awkward than before by those ‘overwhelming support’ from those girls.

 

“Go.. go.. go!” Yerin commanding, while Eunha and Umji start to push Sojung and Hyeokjae to go.

“Joonwoo, Eomma have to go for a while. Be good with Imos, okay Son?” Sojung said while Umji pushing her away.

“Ne, algaeseubnida (네, 알겠습니다 : yes, alright/I understand), Eomma.” Joonwoo politely answer as he waving his hand.

 

 

Hyeokjae politely open his truck door for Sojung and closed it after she has properly seated.

“Oh.. nice man.” Eunha can’t held herself to compliment as they watching from the terrace. While the other girls are just smiling.

Then Hyeokjae slowly and safely driving away from that yard.

 

“Oh… I hope everything will start to working out well between them.” Yerin wished.

“Yeah, so do I.” the other 4 girls respond.

 

*****

 

At the café where they can get the view of those three lighthouses of Moseulpo port with the background of sea sight. They choose the outdoor area on the rooftop of the café, so the evening sea breeze can blowing them refreshingly. They seating on the corner. There’re just few other customer, while the area is quite wide, so they feel secure to talk, even though each of them is still on process trying to be comfortable with the new atmosphere between them. Obviously they still feel awkward.

The waitress just left them with just a glass of water for each, after they ordered menues. Hyeokjae take a deep breath as he gathering his guts to start the conversation, remember their way there was in silent mode, no one of them able to pick any topic of conversation. It’s too awkward. When actually deep down inside they aware about the situation between them, and need to talk about it. It’s irritating.

 

“Yerin already told me what happened by phone.” Hyeokjae finally started.

Sojung couldn’t hide to a bit jolted as their conversation start. She nod, “So you understand about what the girls idea?”

Hyeokjae nod, “Yeah. I understand.”

“So.. I want to know about your opinion about it.” Sojung bluntly to asked, since she actually curious.

“I willing to do it as long as you willing to accept me.” Hyeokjae straight to said.

“Why?”

 

Hyeokjae is surprised at that simple question, “What do you mean by that question?”

“Yeah.. my question is simple. WHY? Why you willing to do that? What is your intention? Have you imagine what you gonna do? It’s complicated. It’s gonna be hard, need efforts, patience. It might gonna cost a lot and impact on your image and your life. You might have to do tough dealing with public and society. Your life gonna change instantly, and you might not gonna be able to turn back to the way your life before. It gonna-…”

Hyeokjae interrupting Sojung who babbling, “I aware of those.” He firmly said it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter