Chapter 38

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“First thing first… Unnie, stop calls Hyeokjae Hyung as if you doesn’t know his name.” SinB protest.

Sojung is feeling her face become hot. She is so embarrassed by SinB’s savage protest.

 

Hyeokjae chuckle, “Since you mentioned about it… actually, maybe it because we never had proper introduction before.”
“What?!” the girls shriek at the same time.

“Yeah, I think you are right, we never had proper introduction. No wonder we bickered a lot.” Sojung also chuckle in embarassement.

 

Suddenly…

Hyeokjae reaching out offering his hand, “Anyeonghaseyo, I’m Cho Hyeokjae, a farmer.”

Sojung chuckle, “Do we really have to do this? This is so weird that we do this after have been years..”

“Oh, c’mon Unnie, just do it.” The girls excitedly cheering.

Sojung decide to play along, she take a hold of his hand, feeling the warmth of his palm and how it feels the real kind of worker’s hand supposed to be, rough and strong. That makes her think…

 

He is really a hard worker.

Definitely not kind of millionaire rich brat.

 

Sojung is looking at his eyes, “Anyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Sojung, single Eomma. Nice to know you.”

Hyeokjae awkwardly smirking. He warmly shake their holding hands, “Yeah, me too. Nice to know you.”

“Yeeaayy!!” the girls cheering.

 

“Then, next step is I think we should fixing the way you call each other.” Eunha suggest.

“What’s wrong with that?” Sojung questioning.

“Like what SinB mentioned before… it as if you doesn’t know Hyeokjae Oppa’s name. You called in pronouns way, like ‘you/he/his/him’ or ‘yah’, or ‘that man/guy’, I also remember once you even called him ‘cave man’…” Eunha said.

Sojung and other girls are gasped in surprised that Eunha bluntly told about that.

Eunha continue, “It’s very uncomfortable. Also your tone.. it’s sounds like you hate him.”

“Ough… do you really need to explain it like that?” Sojung lean to Eunha who sitting next to her, mumbling on that younger girl’s ear, scolding while clenching her jaws. She avoiding to look at Hyeokjae. Very embarrassed.

“But you did sounds like that everytime you talked about him…” Eunha purposely being unsenseful. Teasing.

“Sorry… excuse me, I think I need to drag this insolent girl and spank her to make her become more thoughtful.” then Sojung get up and pulling Eunha along with her.

“It’s true! I didn’t exaggerating. Right, girls?” Eunha cutely protest, while looks unwillingly to dragged by Sojung.

The rest of the girls and Hyeokjae laugh at that. But then not too long, Sojung and Eunha back with coffee and snacks.

 

 

“Sojung-ah..” Hyeokjae trying to call her. Calmly.

“Okay. That sounds good enough. Now your turn, Unnie.” The girls are as if a variety show MCs. They obviously excited.

“I’m so embarrassed to admit this, but Eunha were right. I never call you properly by your name before.”  Sojung grimace in shy, “Uhmm… how should I call you?” she timidly asked.

“Oppa.” Yerin suggesting.

Sojung almost shriek.

“Hyeokjae Oppa is 2 years older than you, Unnie. So yes.. it’s normal if you call him ‘Oppa’.” Umji giving an excuse. That Maknae has a wide grining on her face.

 

Sojung nervously look at Hyeokjae. She want to scream and get away from that place at the moment. She’s so shy and her heart is beating abnormally faster than it supposed to be. feels so dry. She hardly gulp her saliva. She take a deep breath, mustering her guts, to call him…

 

“Oppa…” Sojung’s voice almost in whisper, but then she clearing , then trying again, “Hyeokjae Oppa…”

 

Oh.. I did it…

Uhmm.. actually it’s not that bad..

Sojung is wondering how red her face at that time.

 

“Yeeeaaayyy!!” the girls can’t held to squealing and cheering mischievously.

 

 

“That’s good for the start. But you guys gonna become a marriage couple. So I think you two need to look and sounds convincingly fond to each other for positive judgement, right?” Eunha suggesting.

Sojung and Hyeokjae are surprised by that unexpected point that Eunha mentioned. They never thought that detail before.

“That’s a good point, Eunha-ya, I agree with that.” Yuju said while nod her head seriously.

“Hey.. you’re not in position to agree on that.” Sojung protest.

“Yup.. that’s right. You are who supposed to agree on that, Unnie.” Yerin look at Sojung, then turn to look at Hyeokjae, “Also, Oppa.” Yerin paused for a while before she continue, “Eunha mentioned very important thing. The fundamental detail to convince people about your relationship. But I think we still have time to work on that later.”

 

“When you are gonna start the plan?” SinB asked.

“Sooner is better, right? So I think we should do to register our marriage tomorrow.” Hyeokjae said.

The girls nod, agree.

“Isn’t that too rush?” Sojung questioning, when she actually feels nervous about it and just want to extend more time.

“Nope. Hyeokjae Oppa is right. Sooner is better, Unnie.” Umji said.

“You’ll never know what gonna happens next… what if that gonna make you receive the last letter. You don’t want that happen, right?” Yuju said. That makes Sojung got a goosebump.

“What if that Jerk is planning something right now? He threatened you today, remember?” SinB reminding.

Sojung deeply sigh.

 

“Uhmm… actually I’ve spokes to Mrs. Nam and Mrs. Joon about this.” Hyeokje told, that makes everybody there turn to look at him. They look surprised.

“When?” Sojung asked.

“First time was the day when they came to visited Joonwoo on hospital. I talked to them after. Then right after Yerin called me to told me today. I think I better tell them so they can be more careful. Also, to consulted our plan with them, since they are people in charged who supervising Joonwoo adoption progress all these years. I think they are in position to be advisor about this plan.” Hyeokjae calmly tell.

“What did they said about it?” Yuju asked.

“They encouraged me to do this as fast as I can. That’s why I decided to came here right after I talked to them. They were assuring that they gonna help us. But of course the main thing is how we gonna do this? And how well convincing we do it?”

 

“Then do you had thought about your marriage life after that? You two should live together, right? It’ll be too weird if you live a part away from each other, while you are at the same island, that actually not too big, and without traffic jam.” SinB questioning.

Again, Sojung and Hyeokjae are surprised by that unexpected detail.

“I think there’re lot of details that you should pay attention. Unnie and Oppa, you two are realized how this decision is gonna force you to adjusting your life, right? Your life will change.” Umji warning.

“Uhmm.. how about we make it simple? To work on ‘the feeling’.. I think you need to manage your mindset that you are in relationship. Love relationship. Then I think affection will come out naturally.” Yerin suggestion.

“I can relate to that. But the problem is… Sojung is not feeling that way to me. It’s gonna be hard for her.” Hyeokjae concernly said.

Sojung is taken aback to heard that. She doesn’t know how to respond on that.

 

 

They silent for a while, busy with their own mind.

Hyeokjae glance to look at the clock on the wall. It’s 10 minutes passed midnight.

“It’s late. I better go now.” That man excused himself then get up.

“Sojung-ah, it’s all up to you. I will never force you. Also about the first step of the plan, about registering the marriage, it’s all up to you when you decide to do it. It’s not has to be tomorrow.” Hyeokjae carefully said.

“Tomorrow is the best decision, Unnie. Don’t wasting time. You never know when bad thing happen and the last letter come.” SinB encouraging.

Sojung take a deep breath before she says, “Tomorrow will do.” She said while lift up her face to look at Hyeokjae who standing tall.

“Okay. Then prepare your documents. I’ll pick you at 10 AM tomorrow, is that okay?” Hyeokjae asked.

Sojung nod, “Okay… Oppa.” She still stutter to call him that way.

 

 

 

Early in the morning…

Sojung call her Eomma to tell her about the plan, so her family can prepare for the possibility of news media attack them later for the impact of the plan. Her family are surprised but they understand and support. They trust her that what she had decided is already properly considerated. They wish for the best.

Hyeokjae came right at the time as the plan. First thing that catch Maknaes – who cleaning up the terrace --attention is, his car. He use different car than what he used to, it’s not the old truck. It’s way better than that. An elegant luxury car that a successful businessman normally would use. And for more surprised Hyeokjae come out from that car look neater than he used to be. He is wearing a white shirt with a dark blue casual suit with fit jeans and a dark brown formal leather shoes. His hair is unusually in wet neat formal style than his normal hair style, still have his stubble but he seems trim it a bit to make it look neat. Overall he looks great.

 

“Oh wow… Hyung, you look great!” SinB without hesitation compliment as soon as she see him.

Hyeokjae smirking, “Is this enough convincing?” he asked for approval.

“Yeah, this looks good on you, Oppa.” Umji also approved, “Yuju Unnie, you’ve got to see this. Look at Hyeokjae Oppa’s look.” she call Yuju who inside the store.

Yuju came out with Joonwoo hand in hand, scanning from head to toe, twice, before she says, “Oppa, where have you been? You should do this earlier.” She teasing.

SinB and Umji laughing, “right!”

While Hyeokjae just sheepishly massaging his nape.

“Hyeokjae Oppa looks good, right Joonwoo?” Yuju asked her nephew.

Joonwoo nod, “Yes. Ahjussi, you look handsome.”

They laugh to heard that little boy’s honest way to compliment.

 

 

After a while…

Sojung came out with Yerin and Eunha. They are also look surprised to see how Hyeokjae looks at that time.

“Oh… nice,” Eunha complimenting while her eyes still busy scanning that man’s look.

Yerin smiling, give him her thumb as compliment, “Oppa look great, right Unnie.”

“Uh… uhmm… yeah… you looks very nice… Oppa.” Sojung stutterly said. She’s still hardly believe that ‘cave man’ she known before is now able to be that ‘civilized’ good looking man in front of her.

“You look pretty, Sojung-ah.” Hyeokjae compliment. Gratefully looking at the particular beautiful woman in front of him. Sojung is wearing simple one piece dress, that somehow in similar tone color with his suit, with small flowery pattern, kind of vintage style, that looks humble yet elegant on her. Her hair is in just simple hairdo, she let her hair down with a simple hairclip on the side. She’s gorgeous.

Sojung is smiling. She is somehow feels that his compliment is sincere and it makes her feel happy.

 

“Eomma, are you gonna go with Hyeokjae Ahjussi?” Joonwoo questioning.

Sojung turn to look at her son, she nod, “Yes.”

“Where you gonna go? Why you dressing like this? Ahjussi too… I never see him like this before?” Joonwoo is wondering.

“We have to go to do important thing at the town hall. You stay at home with your imos, okay Son?”

Joonwoo nod, “Okay. But are you gonna go for long time?”

“I hope not gonna long.”                     

“You’ll be back home today, right?”

Sojung chuckle, “Of course.”

 

“Shall we go now?” Hyeokjae asked.

Sojung nod.

“You bring your documents, right?”

“Yes. Right here.” Sojung showing her bag.

“Okay. Let’s go.”

“See you later, Girls. Please take good care of Joonnwoo for me.” Sojung asked.

“Okay, Unnie. Don’t worry. We wish you luck!” the girls cheering.

 

 

*****

 

Later, at the town hall…

There’s a man waiting for them right on the the front of the town hall. He is approaching as soon as he see Hyeokjae arrived.

“Hyeokjae, good morning.” That man politely greeting.

“Good morning, Mr. Park.” Hyeokjae shaking hand with him just after he open and close his car door for Sojung.

“Good morning, Sojung-ssi, right?” Mr. Park also politely greeting Sojung.

Sojung nod, “Yes, I am. Good morning.” Then she is looking at Hyeokjae, asking for explanation.

“He is Mr. Park, my lawyer, I mean… our lawyer.” Hyeokjae explain.

“Oh… okay.” Then Sojung look at Mr. Park, “Jal butagdeuribnida (잘 부탁드립니다 : Please look after me well/I beg you for your help).” She politely asked.

Mr. Park chuckle, “Ah.. no need to bother asked me that. Hyeokjae already explained to me. What ever this Mr. Cho’s commands, I will delighfully serve my best to help to ease every law matters for him. This young man has being great boss of me for years. He saved my family and me. I owe him my life. So, feel free to asked me anything, Sojung-ssi.”

Sojung just nod, while she wondering what Hyeokjae did to saved him actually that makes this look of formal-educated-man becomes so loyal to him. Sojung can’t help to take a look at Mr. Park, he is look like a nice person, and his smile look friendly, and his eyestare is seems honest. That makes Sojung somehow feels secure.

 

 

They registered their wedding date as few months ago. For that matter they need supporting documents of witness and with Mr. Park helping, their marriage registration is went smooth. They even got the legal marriage document right at that time, it way sooner than normally people would get.

After that they go to The Child Support Bureau office to up grade the adoption application. Mrs. Nam and Mrs. Joon helps a lot to make it smooth, they even straightly approved the first qualification form for them, to at least spare faster process time.

“We can approved this first step qualification, since we are have been your supervisor for years. But the next check of the qualification, it gonna do by other auditor, so you must be prepare for that.” Mrs. Nam told.

“And for your information, the good atmosphere of home and household members relation are points that you should pay attention. It matters the most.” Mrs. Joon also told. Then that lady unexpectedly lean to whisper, acting secreatively, “So, you should work fast on how you behave with each other. Because right now, as I looking at you, you two have nothing to be believe as a couple. You gonna be in big trouble if you stays like this when the auditor came to check.”

Sojung and Hyeokjae are taken aback with that warning.

Mrs. Nam chuckle, “But you gonna work on that, right?” she asked.

Sojung and Hyeokjae look at each other, then look back to Mrs. Nam and Mrs. Joon, then both of them nod, “Yes, we’ll work on it.”

“Good. We’ll tell you ahead before the review schedule. And I think we should check on your preparation before they come. Is that okay?” Mrs. Nam asked.

“Yes. Please make sure on us and get us ready for the review.” Sojung plead.

“When you think you are ready?” Mrs. Joon asked.

“You said sooner is better, right?” Hyeokjae said.

“So you better works fast too.” Mrs. Joon warned.

Sojung nod, “I understand.”

 

 

In the car, on their way home…

Sojung sigh, “I feel like a sinner, we’re lied about the marriage, and the wedding date.”

“We have no bad intention to did those. In matter of fact, we have good intention for Joonwoo’s sake. So bear it, Sojung-ah. I’ll bear it with you. We’ll carry this sin together.” Hyeokjae encouraging.

Sojung feels better to heard that. She feels so grateful to have Hyeokjae on her side right now. She’s not feels alone anymore. She is now has someone that help her carrying life burdens.

“Thank you so much, Oppa. You have no idea how grateful I am now that I have you by my side to help me.” Sojung honestly said while look at him.

Hyeokjae taken aback to heard that. He take a glance to look at Sojung for a while, between watching the way while he driving. He can see Sojung is being sincere, and that makes him happy.

 

“We should discuss about where we gonna live… together. Our home.” Hyeokjae carefully said.

“Will it seems weird if I wanna stay at my home and keep doing my store?” Sojung asked.

“No. it’s fine. You can still do that if you really want it. Then… you have to let me move in to your house.”

Sojung nod, then low her face, fiddling with her fingers, “Is that really okay for you? it seems unfair for you. this is my problem, you are helping me, but you end up as the one who do the most chores. You must be thought that how shameless person of me…” she said timidly.

“Don’t said that.. don’t think like that. It’s okay. I’m fine.” Hyeokjae soothing.

But Sojung seems still feels down, so Hyeokjae think what he should say to make her feel better..

“I got the benefit too from this. I like you and I want a chance to get closer to you, remember?” he said with smile.

Sojung turn to look at him, “that even more make me feel guilty... because I can’t give back the same feel to you.”

“… yet.” Hyeokjae shortly said.

Sojung tilted her head in confuse, “What do you mean?”

“You can’t give back the same feel to me.. yet.” Hyeokjae said without turn away his sight from the road, “But as long as you willing to give me a chance to try to get closer to you, it’s enough for me. I’m the man and a businessman, so what I need is chance, I’m gonna work on that, then let’s see the result later.” He calmly said.

Sojung smiles to heard that. And Hyeokjae won’t missed his chance to see that. The glad smile that exchange the sad and guilty face of her.

Sojung nod, then look at him still with smile on her face, “Okay. I give you the chance. Let’s see how you gonna try to move me.. But I can’t give you a guarantee that my heart will move like what you wish to.”

Hyeokjae shrugging his shoulder, “That’s fair. So… get ready of your heart Kim Sojung, because this Cho Hyeokjae gonna put his entire effort to get you.” he said confidently.

Sojung laugh to heard that warned, “Okay.” Then she taking a breath, “I’m ready.”

Hyeokjae chuckle. He feels happy for this good progress.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter