Chapter 45

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeokjae seemed determined to speed up his recovery. It’s good thing of course, but Sojung is just can’t help herself to feels anxious about it.

“Slow down, you don’t need to be that fast.” Sojung said for the umpteenth time.

“I want to get better fast. What the use to be sick in long time? I already wasted lots of time in the emergency room. I already left behind a lot, I have to catching up. We have to get Joonwoo back in quick.” Hyeokjae said then he put a huge spoonful of food into his mouth.

“You don’t need to do this too fast. Just get recover in moderate time. I need you to fully recover. I don’t mind to wait long.” Sojung calmly said as she take over the spoon off from Hyeokjae’s hand. That man is trying to get the spoon back, but Sojung insist to defending the spoon.

Hyeokjae sigh, gave up the spoon, “but I do mind. We have to get Joonwoo back as soon as possible. I-…”

Sojung interrupting his sentence, “we will get Joonwoo back for sure. No need to rush.” Sojung calmly said then feeding her husband with a moderate spoonful of food.

“But-…” Hyeokjae still trying to arguing.

“I already told him the truth. Everything. Joonwoo accepted wisely.” Sojung paused for smiling proudly of her son, “And Joonwoo is willing to wait. Me too. We are willing to waiting for you, no matter how long you need to recover. It’s okay. We need you to fully recover, fully healthy. We need the strong you back, so you’ll be able to protecting us again like you used to do. So, please… no need to rush. You were so close to death, your injuries were severe. So it’s normal if your body takes time and treatment to properly healing. We don’t need another after effect damages that you might get because forcing yourself too much. Please…” Sojung is begging.

Hyeokjae finally nod obediently, “okay.”

 

 

About 6 weeks later, Hyeokjae finally get out from the hospital. The doctor actually still want him to stay, but Hyeokjae is insisting. The first place where he wants to go is to see Joonwoo at the Child Support Bureau Orphanage.

“Appa!” Joonwoo excitedly welcoming him as soon as he see him coming along with his eomma.

A happy smile is forming on Hyeokjae’s face when he see Joonwoo happily running to him. Hyeokjae slightly fastening his steps, leaving Sojung few steps behind.

“Slow down, Oppa…” Sojung is quickly scolding, as she chase him.

But Hyeokjae is pretending not to hear it, instead he even start to slightly run to get Joonwoo. Sojung is almost explode because of that, but she held it, doesn’t want to ruin the happy moment of their family reunification.

 

“Appa, what took you so long? I miss you so much.” Joonwoo said as he tightely hugging his Appa’s neck who kneeling so he also can hug that little boy.

“Appa already tried as best as I could to recover as soon as I can. Sorry to make you waited too long, Son.” Hyeokjae said as he caressing Joonwoo’s head.

“Be careful, Son. Your Appa just got out from the hospital an hour ago. Don’t make him move too much.” Sojung is warning.

 

But instead Hyeokjae is then get up along with Joonwoo in his arms, Sojung’s eyes are dilated soon after, “Oppa, you don’t need to carrying Joonwoo. He is big enough to walk on his own foot.” Sojung is scolding.

“And I’m strong enough to carry him up.” Hyeokjae is insisting.

Sojung (again) almost explode. When she’s about to says another scold, Yerin and Umji who go along with them that day are senseful enough to quickly interrupting…

“Anyeonghaseyo Mrs. Han, it’s have been a while to see you again.” They purposely being ‘extra’ to greet that kindhearted lady, while pushing Hyeokjae and Joonwoo a bit away from Sojung. Preventing a ‘cats fight’ that almost happen. Mrs. Han seems understand, that’s why she just play along.

“Anyeonghaseyo, what a beautiful day today. Joonwoo is so happy. He just couldn’t stay still all day long after I told him that you gonna come. He’s so excited to see his family today.” Mrs. Han said.

 

 

After all effort that they made and because of Mrs. Han, Mrs. Nam, Mrs. Joon, those 3 ladies from The Child Support Bureau who gave good reports to their Headquarter; also Mr. Park (Hyeokjae’s lawyer) and Mr. Yoo (Umji (her father’s company)’s lawyer) who handling the law matters to restart and refresh the adoption process; so that day The Child Support Bureau let Sojung and Hyeokjae take Joonwoo back home with them, of course with the note that the adoption is still processing, they just let them continue their probation, until the final result come out in undefinite time. The Child Support Bureau will keep on supervising and evaluate the adoption probation process. They still have long way to get Joonwoo legally. But they are so grateful for that good thing, the first good step to restart.

 

That night they celebrating that good day by having a dinner together at Mrs. Kim’s house. it’s pretty much grand dinner, a party, there’re lots of people who helping them to got through those horrible months are gather there. The Kim Family; GFriend members and their managers; Source Music CEO-Nim and few staffs come by for a while; Doctors and nurses who in charged of Hyeokjae’s treatment also come by for a while; Mr. Yoo (Umji (her father’s company)’s lawyer) and Mrs. Han also come by for a while; and Detective Kang also join. It’s very happy dinner, everybody is smilling and laughing, as if those horrible months they had was nice thing to be reminded.

 

After the dinner…

There’re just The Kim Family who busy cleaning up and GFriend members are stay there to help.

“Stop!”

Sojung’s shout is making everybody at that place are froze at the same time. Including Hyeokjae who is bending about to pick a used-cup from the floor.

“Oppa, what are you doing?!” Sojung is snarl.

Hyeokjae turn to look at her, “taking the garbage.” Hyeokjae innocently said.

“Stop it! Just sit and have a rest, you are still recovering.”

Hyeokjae is continue to picking up the cup, then straightened his body, standing facing her. He is looking annoyed.

While other people are start to unfroze and continue to cleaning up.

Sojung is snatch the cup and few more stuffs in Hyeokjae’s hand, then put it into the trash bag that on her hand, gather it with the other trash.

Hyeokjae sigh, “I’m fine. This is nothing.”

“No! Oppa, just stay still, have a seat! You don’t have to help cleaning all these.” Sojung is scolding.

Hyeokjae is pouting, “how could I just stay still and not helping. What a shame man I am…”

“Don’t think that way. You just got out from hospital. You are still in process of recovering. Just think about your health first. That’s the most important thing right now. So just stay still!”

“But I-…”

“Stay!”

“I’m-…”

“Sit!”

“Sojung-…”

“Sit!”

Hyeokjae is stay standing, he has that upset face, glaring at Sojung.

But Sojung is not back away, “sit!” she is insisting, her finger is pointing like commanding Hyeokjae to sit on the couch.

“Sit!”

“You are treating me like a dog?!” Hyeokjae is raising his voice, couldn’t held himself to sounds upset.

SinB almost burst to laugh to heard that, but she managed to held it, since she is aware that Sojung and Hyeokjae are in the verge of anger at that time. While the other hand, Yuju is quickly turn her head to Sojung, as if she was the one who called as ‘dog’. Eunha who is near her “it’s not you, Yuna-yah...” Eunha whisperly said. Yuju is then pouting.^^

 

Sojung sigh, “sorry…. Just have a seat and rest, Oppa. I’m worry about you.” Sojung said in way more calm.

Hyeokjae is stay standing, he still has that slight frown in his forehead.

“Please…” finally Sojung is willing to begging more softly way.

Hyeokjae heavily sigh, “fine…” then he take a seat on the couch. Clearly look still upset.

Sojung then call her son, “Joonwoo!”

“Yes, Eomma?” Joonwoo dashing out from the kitchen, he has cream smeare around his mouth.

“What are you doing, Son?” Sojung asked.

“Nothing. I’m just helping Halmonie (Grandma) ‘clean up’ the cake.” Joonwoo innocently said.

Everybody who heard that are laughing.

“That was very cool answer, Joonwoo-yah.” SinB said between her laugh, as she offering her palm for high-five, that Joonwoo delightfully pay.

“Very wise answer, I’m so proud of you, Joonwoo. My nephew indeed smart.” Yuju also offering her palm to high-five that Joonwoo also pay.

 

Sojung is pouting, but then asking, “are you done with that?”

“There’s still a bit left…” that boy said while wittily grinning.

“But I need your help, Son?”

“What is it, Eomma?”

“Why don’t you stay with Appa and make him stay still on his seat. Can you do that for me?”

“Of course. That’s piece of cake. Right, Halmonie?” Joonwo said, then looking back at the kitchen.

“Yup! That’s piece of cake.” Mrs. Kim coming out from the kitchen, giving a plate of the real piece of cake to Joonwoo, along with 2 spoons.

Joonwoo happily have it, “thank you, Halmonie,” he politely said, then he bring it to his Appa, “let’s eat this together, Appa.” he is sweetly wooing his Appa.

 

“Smart boy. You taught him well, Unnie.” Yerin is teasing, while having a wide naughty grin plastered on her face.

Sojung is glaring that younger girl, but that’s even make Yerin laugh. “But seriously, you are a great eomma, Unnie. I’m so proud of you and Joonwoo.” Yerin said then slyly twine her arms on Sojung’s waist, then quickly plant few pecks on Sojung’s cheek.

“Yah…!” Sojung is grunting, annoyed.

Yerin is just chuckle, showing her famous eye smile, then lean her head onto Sojung’s shoulder.

“Do you really have to go back to Jeju tomorrow? Why don’t you stay few days more?” Yerin asked in somehow pleading tone.

Sojung is sighing, “Oppa is who insist. I actually still worry about his health. I want him to have rest here at Seoul a bit longer too. I sensed that he will start to work as soon as he get back to Jeju. But he is really insisting.”

“I can’t go to see you often if you stay that far…” Yerin is whining.

“You don’t have to see me often though… I know how busy you are.” Sojung said.

“But what if I miss you?”

“We can talk by phone, or videocall to see each other.”

“But how if I wanna hug you like this, Unnie? and wanna ppoppo (뽀뽀 : light kiss/peck) on you like this?” Yerin asked then really pecks her cheek for few times.

Sojung is leaning away her head, making a space out from Yerin’s range of ppoppo attack. But unexpectedly get another ppoppo attack from that side. It’s Eunha. Who then joining to wrapping her arms on Sojung’s waist.

“Unnie~~… uri yeppeun Unnie (우리 예쁜언니: my beautiful older sister).” Eunha said in aegyo tone then snuggling closer.

“Group hug time!!” Yuju is suddenly shout. Leaving the current cleaning thing she do, then rushing to join to hug Sojung.

“Yahooo!!” SinB’s witty shouting, then also join to hug Sojung.

“Me too!” Umji also join to hug Sojung.

Those five girls are hanging onto Sojung together at the same time.

 

“Oh geezz… Kids! What do you think I am? A tree?! Do you think yourselves are monkeys? You are heavy. Argh!!” Sojung is pretending upsetly protest.

“Unnie~~… don’t go~~….” The girls are pleading cutely.

 

 

*****

*You can skip this part

 

The next day, they all gather at the airport, to send Sojung, Joonwoo, and Hyeokjae who about to go back to Jeju. Strangely there’re lots of people who waiting for them there. Since they are just come out from the car, they can see people with banners “Manh-i himdeul-eohago jal salgi sijaghaseyo, Kim Sojung. Haengboghaseyo! (많이 힘들어하고 잘 살기 시작하세요, 김소정. 행복하세요! : You had been through hard time, start to live well, Kim Sojung. Be happy!)” who waving their hand to them while smiling. They become more surprised when some of those people come to them to give a bouquets of flower to Sojung.

“We wished for your happiness.” They said in friendly way.

“Thank you.” Sojung said, as she feels heartwarming, tears are pooling up in her eyes.

 

“Let me, Unnie.” SinB offering to take over to push Hyeokjae who in wheelchair (since he still in recovery).

So then Sojung can accepting more of those bouquets and gratefuly bow to those people who supporting her.

 

 

After they finally on the private lounge waiting room…

“Are that was your idea?” Sojung asked to her dongsaengs, “that was too much…”

The girls shake their head, “No, we didn’t. We even don’t know anything about it.” The girls said in confuse.

“Really?”

“Really, Unnie.” Eunha said.

“Not from one of the ideas from the marketing department?”

“Our marketing department couldn’t do such massive thing like that on the airport. This is public facility. It’s way different than handle a concert or fan meeting.” SinB chuckle.

“That was sincere people for real, Unnie.” Yuju said too.

“Unnies, you should see this!” Umji suddenly said.

“Umji-ah, you always scares me everytime you said that…” Yerin said in worry.

“This time is good thing, Unnie. Look what I’ve got from the internet. I think this is the answer of what happening. Sojung Unnie is trending topic.” Umji said.

They all are checking on what Umji give a look to them.

 

 

Explanation:

There’s a sort of public petition, which become trending topic on SNS, #KimSojungDeserveToBeHappy. Netizens are posting/commenting about Kim Sojung goodness and using the hashtag. From that movement, there’s private community who actually Buddy (GFriend Fans) community where they are sharing information about the update of Sojung’s family. Turns out when Hyeokjae got discharged from the hospital the day before, somebody told about that; then somebody else shared about the flight schedule that booked by Hyeokjae, Sojung, and Joonwoo to Jeju that day; that’s why people predicted that they gonna go back to Jeju around that time. It might sounds creepy sort of stalker, but since they know that Buddy who stalked them, it somehow makes them glad and secure.

 

Because they know very well that…

Buddy won’t ever hurt GFriend.

Buddy always become GFriend’s protection squad.

Buddy always taking good care of GFriend.

Buddy support OT6 GFriend.

 

That incident, somehow as if the proof that society is finally understand, accept, apologized, and support Kim Sojung. Now the world seems become better place for Sojung. She feels like able to face the world again. Sojung is so glad.

 

*****

 

Sojung’s house, at Jeju Island…

“Oppa, don’t you ever dare to considering to carry any of those baggages.” Scolding tone is clearly on Sojung’s voice.

Hyeokjae automatically glancing to Mr. Baek, who pick them up from the airport, that old man at the same time also glance to him. Mr. Baek give him a sign to just do what Sojung told him to do.

Hyeokjae sigh, “I’m not that weak, Sojung-ah. These all are too much for Mr. Baek.”

“I’m who gonna help Mr. Baek.” Sojung said without took time to think.

 

“Mr. Baek, drive me to my farm house. I don’t want to be weak patient if I stay here.” Hyeokjae is sneering.

“Just divorce me if you don’t want to stay here with me.” Sojung is savagely responded.

Mr. Baek is drop his jaw to heard that. He is looking at Hyeokjae with terrified expression. Shaking his head. Refusing Hyeokjae’s asked also at the same time told him to stay.

 

 

“Sojung was right, Hyeokjae-ah. You still need time to recovering. She is worry about you. She’s doing right what wife should do. It’s for your own sake, though… just get some more rest. Then show her that you are really get better. I’m sure she gonna let you work again later.” Mr. Baek suggested. He and Hyeokjae are in the gazebo that on the back of the house, with the beach view, waiting for Sojung who cleaning up the house. Since they left the house for months, it got lots of dust. Sojung forbid Hyeokjae to get inside before she done clean all up.

“You should be happy. Now you have a wife who taking care of you.” Mr. Baek said while munching Kimchi Jeon (김치전 : Kimchi Pancake) that Sojung made for them along with warm tea, snacks for them while waiting for her finish the clean up.

“She’s just feeling guilty because I got wounded while helped her…” Hyeokjae said in sad tone.

“Eyyy… don’t say that. I can see that Sojung is really care about you.”

“But not because she loves me.”

“Eyyy… I can see that the way Sojung act now is totally different from she used to did before you got married. She really considering you as her husband.”

“Yeah… ‘considering’… that’s the right word.”

“Hyeokjae-ah… don’t be such a skeptical. This is the right time to get closer with Sojung. Do your best, don’t keep on arguing with her. Be a sweet lover for her. I bet she gonna like it.”

Hyeokjae sigh, “how I can be a sweet lover to her? I don’t even know how to do that…”

Mr. Baek chuckling, “you’ll know it… just follow your heart.”

 

 

“Appa…” Joonwoo comes out from the house. That little boy then climb onto Hyeokjae’s lap, “Appa, aaaa…” Joonwoo offering to feed his Appa a block of chocolate. Hyeokjae then obediently opening his mouth, so Joonwoo can put that chocolate block into his mouth. “is it good?”

Hyeokjae nod, “eung, it’s good. Where did you get it from? Was it from Seoul?”

Joonwoo nod, “eung, Eunha Imo who gave it to me.”

“Ah.. Eunha. She’s really have good taste of food.”

“Yeah, Eunha Imo really like to eat, she knows lots of delicious food.”

Hyeokjae is chuckle, “yeah, agree. Hahaha…”

 

“Let me taste it too, Jooonwoo-yah.” Mr. Baek asked.

Joonwoo then break another block of chocolate, “here’s for you, Mr. Baek.” That little boy politely give.

But instead Mr. Baek open his mouth, “aaa…” he imitating what Hyeokjae did.

So Joonwoo then put the chocolate block into Mr. Baek’s mouth.

“Uhmmm~… it’s really good. Thanks Joonwoo-yah.”

“You’re welcome, Mr. Baek.” Joonwoo politely answer.

 

“Is Eomma hasn’t finish the clean up?” Hyeokjae asked.

“Eung, she hasn’t finish yet.” Joonwoo said while put his last block of chocolate into his own mouth, “Eomma will clean the house until it shining. She won’t left even single dust behind once she determined to clean up.”

“Wew…” Hyeokjae making a face of impression.

 

 

 

About 2 hours later…

The sun is already set a while ago, and Mr. Baek already went home. The beach afternoon breeze is droze Hyeokjae and Joonwoo into sleep. Joonwoo is comfortably sleeping in Hyeokjae’s lap, that boy’s face is snuggling on Hyeokjae’s chest, while Hyeokjae’s head is leaning on gazebo’s pillar, and his arms are embracing Joonwoo’s body, securing that boy position to stay safe on his lap.

“Oppa, it’s all clean now. You can get inside-…” Sojung who just coming out from the house, unfinish her sentence when she found Hyeokjae and Joonwoo are sleeping. She then decided to taking time to just standing there for a while to looking at them, admiring that precious moment.

 

Oh, what a heartwarming view. My son and my husband are sleep cuddling. So cute…

They are my precious people. I hope there’s nothing would separate me from them. We are gonna live together in happiness now.

Sojung is wholeheartly praying.

 

Hyeokjae’s head bopping, shift off from the pillar that he lean on to, waken his up. Then he look that Sojung is there, “Sojung-ah…” he called in sleepy hoarse voice.

Sojung then take a seat right beside him on the wooden bench, “did I woke you up?”

“No…” then Hyeokjae yawned before he ask, “do you already finished the clean up? It’s quite big two storeys house. It must be too hard for you to clean all up in a day, just clean up bit by a bit, there’s still tomorrow.”

“I have finished it. You can come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter