Chapter 40

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung and Hyeokjae are waiting the parking valet bringing their car, when the news medias are crowding closer to where they’re standing, demanding to get at least a short interview with them.

“When you two met at first time?”

“When you were married?”

“Sojung-ssi was you left that PD-Nim because of Mr. Cho?”

“Sojung-ssi, what the actual reason for you to left your idol career? Was it because of Mr. Cho?”

“About your son, is he really your child? Sojung-ssi you had him before you two got married, right?”

“What happened between you two and that TV Show PD-Nim? Why that PD-Nim keep on revealing about your past relationship?”

“Was you really in relationship with that TV Show PD-Nim? How long and how far you’ve been in relationship? Was that when you still being an idol?”

“Is that TV Show PD-Nim is actually the father of your son? Was that why you hide it?”

Bla… bla… bla…

There’re so much annoying questions and accusastions from them. It’s so upsetting and stuffy. That’s why no one of those questions got answered.

Hyeokjae concernly shifting Sojung to switching position with him, becoming fence between the news medias with Sojung. Sojung glance to him, trying to tell how grateful she is for his effort. Hyeokjae giving an assuring stare to her while gently squeeze her hand.

 

Meanwhile…

Hyeokjae’s car is about to come to where they’re waiting, when suddenly among the crowdness come out a person in all black outfit barging in closer then passing them by in very quick. It was happened so fast. As if a magic trick.

 

“Argh~…”

 

Hyeokjae groaning as he feeling a sudden pain on his stomach area. His white shirt is staining red, and it getting larger and larger.

Sojung is aware at his sudden groan. She turn to look at him, and the view making her gasp in shock, “Oh my God! Oppa… what happened? You are bleeding..”

Hyeokjae instinctively covering his wound, trying to stop the bleeding. But blood continued to flowing out from between his fingers, even start to dripping on the floor so much so that he began to feel dizzy and his legs feels lost it strength as he dropped his knee on the floor.

Sojung is panickely trying to hold him as she keep calling him, “Oppa, Oppa…”

“Argh~…” Hyeokjae chocked by the unstoppable liquid that come out through his throat, without he can held back blood start spilling out from his mouth.

Sojung is shrieking in horror. Her eyes are trembling in panic because so many blood is all over the place. Hyeokjae is staring at the crying-Sojung, he seems want so say something but he in difficulty to speaking.

“Help! Please, help us! Call an ambulance! He needs to go to the hospital. Please! Help!!” Sojung histerically shouting for help.

Hyeokjae feels like have no strength to control his own body. He just feels so weak and sleepy. He is sprawling on that red carpet that become dark red because of his blood stained on it.

Sojung is holding his head on her arm, “Oppa, please… hang on with me. Don’t leave me, please… I love you. Please Oppa, you can’t leave me like this...” She helpessly wailing.

Hyeokjae in shortness of breath, he gasping for air until finally he loss of consciousness.

The situation become chaos. Security are quickly set position to become a circle of fence, blocking the medias and anybody who trying to get closer to where Hyeokjae and Sojung at. While some of them spreading all over the place trying to catch the culprit. All of that happening recorded by lots of camera, and with so many news medias are there, that incident become viral in almost all medias in not much time.

 

 

Meanwhile on the other place of Seoul, at Kim’s resident…

“Oh my God! Unnies, you must to see this!” Umji panickely showing her cellphone to her Unnies who just about to fall asleep after playing so hard with Joonwoo. Paid times and distracting that boy's attention from wanting his Eomma and Appa back to him in quickly. So when that little boy finally fell asleep, they feeling sleepy too since they are all tired.

“Shh… you gonna waking Joonwoo up. If he wake up then it will be your responsibility to get him sleep again, I’m not gonna help you.. I’m exhausted.” The girls scolding, while Umji is even more panic.

“Look!” Umji said again.

“Tsk! What is it? What makes you so pushy like this?” SinB annoyedly said then taking Umji’s cellphone to take a look on what she trying to show.

SinB jolted to get up, as soon as she look at Umji’s screen, “This can’t be happening!” SinB then forcely give over Umji’s cellphone to Yerin who already half asleep next to her. Then SinB quickly dashing to get her coat, then get the other girls’s coat also and throw it to each respective owners.

Yerin’s sleepiness is gone as soon as she read the headline news. Then she get up to wear her coat after hand over Umji’s cellphone to Yuju who sprawling on the couch near her. Yuju then also quickly jolted to get up and wear her coat. Then with Umji’s help, Yuju dragging the sleeping-Eunha along with them without telling her what actually happened.

After telling Mrs. Kim about what happened and entrusting Joonwoo to her, the girls quickly leaving the Kim Family’s house to go to the hospital. Leaving Mrs. Kim who crying sadly and terribly worrying her son-in-law’s life being also about the safety of her youngest daughter. Fortunately Sojung’s Unnie and her husband are still awake and being next to her Eomma, so at least they can be strength for each other.

 

 

 

Later, at the hospital…

Since from a far, the girls can recognize Sojung who standing alone in front of Operation Room Gate, looking terribly worry.

“Unnie!”

Sojung turn around to look at them rushing to her, “Girls… thank God you are here now. Oppa… Oppa… he-…” she having difficulty to explaining.

“We saw it from the internet. Who did that?”

“I don’t know… it happened so fast. I remember there’s somebody passed us by, but I didn’t saw the face.”

 

Then a doctor come out from the Operation Room Gate, it turns Sojung’s attention..

“Doctor, how is my husband? He’s gonna be okay, right?” she asked in panic.

“The operation was hard. He lost a lot of blood. No wonder, because he got stabbed on the abdominal aorta, it’s one of the great vessels.”

“Doc, can you explain it more easily? We don’t get it…” SinB asked.

“Uhm… how should I tell you… it’s complicated. Traumatic injury to the abdominal aorta or great vessel injury can cause internal bleeding, it’s a rare condition with high mortality rate. It one of the most lethal causes of death in trauma. Many victims die of exsanguinating hemorrhage on the scene or en route to the hospital. Those who do survive transport often arrive in a profound state of shock and require significant life-saving measures for both their aortic and often numerous associated injuries. An aortic dissection is a serious condition in which the inner layer of the aorta, the great vessel branching off the heart, it tears. Aortic valve damage or aortic regurgitation or rupture into the lining around the heart (cardiac tamponade) it can lead to another problem like organ damage, such kidney failure or life-threatening intestinal damage. So, what I can tell you is, we already did our best to fix the tear on his vessel. We shutted the tear already, but sorry to say he got pretty bad internal bleeding also with shortage of blood, it weakened him.” the Doctor's explanation is not easier to understand by them, it's even more complicated than before. But one thing for sure what they understand is, Hyeokjae in bad condition.

Sojung mouth palming herself, as she burst in tears again. Yuju and and Umji quickly hugging her from the side. Trying their best to support her.

“We have to wait the progress and see how his body reacting to our first action just now, to decide the next action we should do to help him. We will trying our best to give him the best medically treatment. But I’m telling you that right now he is in critical condition.”

Sojung can’t held herself to let out a mournful wail.

The doctor sigh, “For now.. all we can do is to wait and pray for the best.” Then the doctor excuse himself.

 

 

Later…

Sojung’s Unnie come to the hospital with her husband, bringing Sojung’s clothes to change the gown.

Sojung come out from the toilet, already change to more comfortable clothes that her unnie brought for her. She cleaned up her make up from her face. Sojung carefully put the jewelries safe into the box, other accessories and the stiletto also the gown that stained by Hyeokjae’s blood, everything except her ‘married ring’ into the bag then give it all to her unnie, so she can bring and save it at home.

“Be strong, Sojung-ah. He’s gonna be fine. He is strong and kindhearted man, he loves you and I’m sure he never want to make you sad in long time. I’m sure he gonna wake up quickly to see you. So you better take good care of yourself too. When he wake up I’m sure he want to see the beautiful you, definitely not this kind miserable look of you right now.” Sojung’s Unnie trying to encouraging her younger sister.

Sojung nod.

Then Sojung’s Unnie and her husband leave the hospital.

 

That whole day Hyeokjae is not waking up. He is staying in the ICU. While the world outside is keep going. Public is giving lots of interest to his incident. The police department is come to the hospital to interogating Sojung about the incident and Sojung has to force herself to recall the horrible incident, but she is giving her best to answer their questions, because she aware that they need to catch the culprit. It’s very hard day.

On evening, Mrs. Kim is coming to hospital along with Joonwoo, because that boy was kept asking for his Eomma and Appa whereabout. That boy is so sad to know that his Appa is in the hospital because having injury. He is keep standing outside Hyeokjae’s room, looking at him through the glass window.

Yuju is squatting next to him, “Joonwoo-yah, why don’t you sit over there next to your Eomma? You have been standing here for pretty long time. You must be tired.”

Joonwoo shaking his head, “No, I’m not tired yet. I still want to stand here to looking at Appa.” That boy’s face clearly showing sadness.

Yuju having the urge to cry when she heard that, but she holding it back, she doesn’t want to cry, it’s already hard for Sojung and Joonwoo, and she doesn’t want to worse the situation with her cry. She is clearing , as she trying to get rid away the lump pain in , “you wouldn’t mind if Yuju imo companying you here, right?”

Joonwoo nod. Yuju caressing that boy head, before she pull herself closer to her little nephew

 

 

Late at night at the hospital…

Joonwoo is sleeping on his Eomma’s lap. They are still on the waiting seats right on the front of Hyeokjae’s treatment room, where they can look at him through the glass window for whole time.

Yerin and Yuju are just got back to the hospital after finished their works, shifting right after Eunha, SinB, and Umji who been at the hospital before with Sojung and Joonwoo and now they are on their way back to their dorm. The 6 of them are have works to be done but also aware that they shouldn’t let Sojung and Joonwoo alone facing the current condition. That’s why they decided that they should make a turn on who should stay at the hospital to companying Sojung and Joonwoo. And now those two girls are walking on their way to where Sojung and Joonwoo at. From a far they can see those mother and child alone by their own.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter