Chapter 39

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s still early in the morning when Hyeokjae waken up on the couch. The sun is just rise up since a while ago, and sunlight coming through the curtain veil, lightened up the room so it not that dark. After completely adapting his eyes with the sunlight, Hyeokjae then get up, taking moment to staring at Sojung and Joonwoo who still soundly sleeping on the bed.

 

My wife and my son.

Wow.. I have a family now. A complete family.

I’m the head of a household now.

I will do anything to take good care of them, keep them happy and safe.

They are my precious.

That determination suddenly come into Hyeokjae’s resolution. That new and huge responsibility that been added on his shoulder somehow also came with extra strength for him that encouraging him to be ready and willing to sacrifice anything he has for them sake.

 

After wash hisface on the bathroom, Hyeokjae carefully wearing his jacket, trying his best to not making any sound that might disturbing his wife and son’s sleep. But when he about to go…

 

“Oppa…”

Sojung’s hoarse sleepy voice stopping Hyeokjae’s step. It’s as if he is ‘a thief who get caught in wet when he about to runaway’. Hyeokjae then turn to look at her.

“Where you gonna go at this early?” Sojung asked, then turn to sit. She is rubbing her sleepy eyes, while her tousled hair amazingly naturally get arrange by itself to the position where it supposed to be, like a model in a shampoo commercial.

 

Oh.. wow

How could she just woke up and completely look like a goddess?

Hyeokjae thought while admiring the view.

 

Hyeokjae nervously clearing his throat, trying to get his self control back, then says, “Last night Yerin reminded us about our ‘family photoshoot’ schedule today, remember?”

Sojung nod.

“So, I think I better finished some of my work earlier today, so I can join you later for the photoshoot. Actually I have lot things to do today... I’ll better check on my farm and my company first. I also have a meeting schedule this morning. Then I also have to make sure the renovation going well. I hope it can be completely finished today, so we can back home after the photoshoot done.”

Sojung blinks her eyes few times, trying to fight the sleepiness and focus to hearing what Hyeokjae said.

Hyeokjae coming closer to get next to the bed, “It’s still too early to wake up, just go back to sleep, Sojung-ah.”

For his surprised, Sojung reaching his hand and take a hold on it. She lift up her face to look at his eyes, “I’m sorry to add more works for you, that makes you have to work harder than you supposed to be. You must be very tired. Tell me what can I do to help.”

Hyeokjae smiling, “For now not necessary. I still can handle it by myself. I’ll let you know if I need your help.”

“Okay,” Sojung obediently nod.

Hyeokjae gently squeeze her hand. They are staring at each other eyes. Hyeokjae then slowly bend down. The distance of their faces is becoming closer. Then finally… he gently and lightly peck on her lips.

 

“I have to go. Just go back to sleep, okay?” he whisperly said while they are still in the same eye level.

Sojung nod. Hyeokjae softly caress Sojung’s face before he really leave.

 

*****

 

Sojung is so surprised and happy that her Eomma and Unnie came from Seoul. They suddenly appear when she having breakfast with Joonwoo and the girls at the hotel restaurant.

“Eomma, Unnie what are you doing here?” Sojung excitedly asked after gave them a big warm hug.

“Cho Seobang (*서방 : It means 'Son-in-law' and 'husband'. A wife can address her husband as 'seobang' or 'seobangnim'(with more respect). But the wife's parents can/should address their son-in-law as seobang. It's more like, it's disrespectful to call son-in-law just by his name. So they usually address him as 'seobang' with the surname of the Son-in-law is added) asked us to come here to visit and support you, also to join the family photoshoot, he said that you need convincing photos for the review.” Sojung’ Eomma told.

They laugh to heard that brilliant excuse.

 

“Cho Seobang…?” Sojung repeat that words in kind a tingling feeling.

Sojung’s Unnie nudge her younger sister with witty smirk on her face, “Eomma seems like him already. He got Eomma’s bless to become your husband.”

“How could that happened? Eomma haven’t see him yet…” Sojung wondering.

“Eyy… he didn’t tell you? What a gentleman.. He came to our house yesterday.”

“Our house? our SEOUL house?!” Sojung rising her voice in disbelieve.

Sojung’s Unnie nod, “Yeah. he came yesterday and explained everything to us.”

Sojung is so surprised by that.

 

 

For their Family photoshoot, there’s a wedding decoration set on the near of the cliff, inside of the hotel area. An out door Garden Party theme. With white flowers and white theme concept. There’s also an aisle with the view of sea cliff as the real background. It’s so beautiful.

They all are so exciting doing the photoshoot. The girls even doing various of poses and expression, from pretty to dorky, they do it all perfectly. Sojung’s Eomma and Unnie, also the girls are wearing white dresses with flower crown as their hair decoration. The little boy Joonwoo is wearing white shirt neatly tucked on a cream color short pants with brown stretch suspenders, also cream color bow tie, he looks cute and with such a comfortable attire that allow him to energetically running and jumping around them like he used to be. While Sojung wearing a simple white strapless sleeveless satin wedding dress, her hair is in simple but elegant bun with white and pastel cream color flowers on it, she’s so gorgeous and even without making too much gesture she is radiant among them.

“Oh my goodness, you are so gorgeous, Unnie…” the girls are keep on praising her.

“All of you are gorgeous too,” Sojung also praising them.

 

Suddenly…

“Appaaa..!!” Joonwoo’s happy shout make them all turn to look for the particular person who just coming.

Hyeokjae who wearing white shirt plain without a tie, neatly tucked to slim fit pants with casual slim fit jacket on the same cream color tone like Joonwoo’s short pants, there’s a small boutonnieres on the lapel of his jacket. His hair in the same wet hairstyle like few days ago when he went to Town Hall with Sojung, but this time he shaved all his stubble. He looks different, very good looking. Sojung gradually forming a smile while she staring at that man who calmly walking towards them, lightly pick Joonwoo up into his embrace after spin that boy for a round on the air. He is looks clean, handsome, manly, fatherly, gentle and reliable.

“Sojung-ah, just marry him for real.” Sojung’s Unnie whisperly said.

“Agree!” the girls plus Sojung’s Eomma shout in unison.

Then they laugh together.

 

While Sojung is busy with her own mind…

This is too good to be true.

He’s too good to be mine…

 

“Hyung.. you look awesome!” SinB excitedly praising. The other girls also giving their thumb for him.

“Hi girls, you all are look beautiful.” Hyeokjae also complimenting, then he politely bow to Sojung’s Eomma, “Eommoni.. (*엄머니 : Mother - polite way)” he greet her, while still carrying Joonwoo on his arm, that boy look so comfortable hugging him and resting his head on Hyeokjae’s shoulder.

Mrs. Kim nod with happy face at him, looks very satisfied of him.

Then finally Hyeokjae look at Sojung, “Hi gorgeous..” he greet as he staring at her.

Sojung fluttering by that sweet greet from him. She smiling to him, “You shaved?” she end up asked that, when she actually too overwhelming to think any topic to make conversation with him.

Hyeokjae chuckle, “How’s it? Am I look weird?” he asked while awkwardly touching his jaws that now clean and smooth.

Sojung shake her head, then naturally reaching out her hand to touch his face, completely forget about the existence of spectators/shipers (GFriend girls, Sojung’s Eomma and Unnie) who at very near them and eagerly watching at them.

“You look… different..” Sojung timidly said.

“Is it bad?” Hyeokjae asked in worry.

“No… it’s good.” She said with smile.

“Oh, thank goodness. Actually I’m afraid I’m gonna ruin the photo with my existence on it. I’m really not good in pictures/photos.” He said in concern tone.

“Just relax, act as usual. Don’t worry, you’ll be good.” Sojung encouraging.

Hyeokjae nod.

 

The photoshoot going very well, they having so much fun. Laugh and giggle is constantly heard along their activity. As if they forgetting all the problems in their life at that moment.

 

 

 

Later, at lunch time…

They all already change their clothes into their daily clothes, and having delightful lunch time. Then after that Sojung’s Eomma and Unnie excuse themselves to go back to Seoul.

“Why so soon? You should stay here for few days. Joonwoo is still miss you, right Son?” Sojung complaint.

Joonwoo nod, “Halmonie and Imo, please stay longer here with me. I love family gathering like this.” That boy begging.

Mrs. Kim (Sojung’s Eomma) bend down to be on the same eye level with her grand son, “I’m sorry Joonwoo-yah, but halmonie has something important to do at Seoul tonight. Next time Halmonie will stay longer here with you, or you should come to visit me at Seoul.”

Joonwoo pouting upsetly.

Before they go, Mrs. Kim having a talk with Hyeokjae a bit away from Sojung, “Cho Seobang, thank you so much for helping my daughter. I don’t know how to pay you back with this huge help. I owe you for the rest of my life.”

“Don’t say that, Eommoni. You are not owe me anything. I’m the one who offer her this, she’s even not asked me for this. It’s because I love her, and I want to get a chance to get close to her. I’m sorry for my intention to your daughter, Eommoni… But don’t worry, I won’t ever force her to reply my feeling to her.” he politely apologized.

Mrs. Kim shake her head, “No. Don’t be sorry for that… I would love to have you to become my real son-in-law. I hope my daughter gonna realized and love you back soon. You deserve her love.”

Then Mrs. Kim hug Hyeokjae, motherly pat his back, “I entrust my youngest daughter to you, Cho Seobang. Please take good care of her and Joonwoo.”

“Ne, algaesseubnida (네, 알겠습니다 : yes, alright/I understand – polite way), Eommoni. I’ll do my best to fulfill your wish.”

Then Mrs. Kim and Sojung’s Unnie left to get back to Seoul.

 

 

Later…

They back to Sojung’s house ater send Sojung’s Eomma and Unnie in the airport. Theres’s nothing change with the grocery store, it still the same pretty store. The changes are on the house, it has upper floor now. But even though now it become 2 floors but it doesn’t seems there’s too much changes if it look from the front. Hyeokjae seems want to maintain the former looks. But when they get inside, it feels different, it become way wider than before, also has more rooms, also the interior is a bit change, it even more homey than before.

“I know it’s seems like there’s not much changes. It because I like your touched on the former interior style and atmosphere, that’s why I keep it remain. But if you want to change it, then it’s the right time to do.” Hyeokjae said.

Sojung smiles, feels touched on how he respect on her effort and style on arranging the house.

“Because now we have more rooms, so the girls doesn’t have to sleep on the living room anymore. Joonwoo also can have his own room if he wants to.” Hyeokjae said.

“Yeaay!! Then I want the room on the second floor where I can watch the lighthouse.” Joonwoo excitedly said.

“But where’s your room, Oppa?” Umji asked.

Hyeokjae taken aback to heard that unexpected question, “Uhm.. you see that door of the new room next to the garden, right? I choose that room for my working room, is it okay?” he asked.

Sojung nod, “Yeah, just pick where ever room you want.”

 

“But my question is actually about bed room. Where’s you gonna sleep, Oppa? You gonna sleep in the same room with Sojung Unnie, right?” Umji questioning again.

This time not just Hyeokjae who taken aback, but also Sojung. They never thought about it before.

“You are married already. What if the auditor came to check, and find that you two not sleeping in the same room? That’s gonna be weird. They might gonna think that you are not in good realationship.” Umji excuse.

“Oh.. is that so? I never thought about it…” Hyeokjae said while scratching his not itchy head.

 

After thinking, Hyeokjae clearing his throat, “We’re not real married couple, remember? I think I shouldn’t intrude Sojung’s personal space. I can sleep everywhere, on the couch is okay, or on my working room will do, it doesn’t matter. But I’ll put some of my stuffs and clothes on Sojung’s room, I think it’s enough to make it look like we in the same bed room, right?” Hyeokjae suggesting.

“Oh that’s good idea.” Sojung agreeing. Feels awkward with the situation.

 

But the girls are not that kindhearted to let them off that easily… #smirking

“No! You should sleep in the same room.” SinB is insisting.

“But…” Hyeokjae about to argue.

“I think the auditor must be already have a lot of experiences. They had checked on lots of couple. They must be have professional way to indicated good term couple and bad term couple. Do you think your idea is enough to convince them?” Yuju giving another excuse. It sounds reasonable. The girls are dying holding their laugh.

“Uhmm…” Sojung about to rebut.

But Eunha quickly interrupt, “Yuju is right. You said Mrs. Nam and Mrs. Joon were said that you were didn’t look like a real couple few days ago, right?”

Sojung and Hyeokjae nod.

“If you had failed to convinced those ladies, then how do you think you gonna convince the auditor who must be more expert than Mrs. Nam and Mrs. Joon. They must be more accurate and meticulous on check things like this. Are you gonna take the risk to fail again just because you want to keep your each personal space?” Eunha furiously giving another excuse.

Sojung and Hyeokjae seems considerating.

“What you gonna do if you fail on the review? It means you waste all these effort for nothing.” Yerin join to give a pressure.

Sojung and Hyeokjae looking at each other.

 

 

“Uhmm.. I think we can share the room…” Sojung finally said stutterly.

The girls quickly glancing at each other, they are feel like dying to hold their ‘victory scream’.

 

 

 

After a while..

The rooms setting is done. Joonwoo gonna start to sleep in his own room on the second floor, he already bring all his toys and stuffs into his room. While the girls will use 3 other rooms on the second floor, and ‘the newlywed’ will use the only bed room on the first floor.

The move over and the interior room arrangement finished right before the dinner time. They are gather again on the living room to have dinner together.

 

 

After the dinner…

“Son, are you sure you gonna be okay sleeping alone in the second floor?” Sojung making excuse, when she actually nervous about on how she gonna dealing with her ‘new roomate’.

But Joonwoo is confidently nod, “Imos are also on the second floor.”

“But when they go back to Seoul, then you gonna be alone on the second floor.. are you gonna be okay?” Sojung still trying to persuade that boy.

“But they are still here right now. And I want to try to sleep alone. I’m exciting that I’m gonna able to see the lighthouse from my room.” Joonwoo said while keep on bouncing because he is in hype mode.

The girls quickly glancing at each other, they are aware that Sojung trying to persuade Joonwoo to stay with her in the same bed room, the girls are feel like dying to hold to bursting their laugh.

 

Yerin clearing , “Ah.. today is very tiring. The photoshoot and the room arrangement were drained my energy. I think I wanna go to sleep early tonight,” then she pretending to yawn.

“Me too.” SinB said then get up.

Eunha, Yuju, and Umji following to get up.

“C’mon Joonwoo, let’s go to try our new room on the second floor.” Yuju purposely said that, while offering her hand to her nephew who quickly hold it.

“Let’s go! Yeeayy!” Joonwoo excitedly shout.

“Don’t you want to say goodnight to your Eomma and Appa before we go to upstairs?” Umji reminded.

“Ah.. right.” Then Joonwoo dashing to hug his Eomma, “Goodnight Eomma, I love you.” that boy said then peck his Eomma’s cheek.

“I love you too, Son. Goodnight. Have a nice sleep. You can back to Eomma’s room anytime you want.” Sojung offering.

“I won’t. I love my new room.” Joonwoo bluntly said.

The girls amlost burst to laugh by heard that, feels pity on their Unnie for her lost.

 

“Where’s Appa?” Joonwoo asked.

“He’s on his working room.” Sojung told.

Then Joonwoo go to open the new door to Hyeokjae’s working room, “Appa…” he called cutely, before he enter that room, then get out after a while.

“Let’s go upstairs, Imos!” Joonwoo dashing, holding Yuju’s hand then pull her to quickly climb up the stairs.

“Goodnight, Sojung Unnie!” the girls sweetly greeting.

“Goodnight.” Sojung answering somehow gloomy, feels defeated.

 

 

 

After a pretty long while…

Sojung is having difficulty to fall asleep. She keep tossing around on the bed. She feels that her entire body is actually exhausted, since she had pretty lot of activity that day, she want to sleep, but her mind is keep busy spinning, thinking about lots of thing. Also, she’s uncounsciously expecting for Hyeokjae to come into their room. Sojung is in dilemma. She is worry about how she gonna behave if he really come, but on the other side she also excited waiting for him.

 

Oh.. I must be insane…

Why I’m waiting for him?

What am I gonna do if he really come?

 

 

 

But turns out, she doesn’t need to be suffering in anxious for too long, because next time when Sojung open her eyes, it’s already morning. And there’s no sign that Hyeokjae was lay on the other side of the bed. It’s still neat just like before Sojung fell asleep last night, somehow that makes her disappointed.

Sojung wake up then wash her face on the bath room. After change her clothes, she come out to start her daily routine, cleaning up the house and making breakfast. The house is quiet, everybody seems still drowning in their dreamland. Sojung is in the middle of stiring the eggs for omelette when suddenly the back terrace door is slide open. Sojung jolted, unexpecting somebody enter the house at that time. But turns out, it’s Hyeokjae. That man is wearing a black short pants and a grey shirt that looks wet drench by sweat and become stick on his body, that somehow exposing his muscular well build body.

 

“For goodness sake! You scares me…” Sojung almost shriek. Her palm is on her chest, trying to soothe her rapid beat of heart.

Hyeokjae also look surprised, “Oh.. sorry.”

“Where’ve you been? Why you wet?” Sojung asked.

 

“Jogging.” Hyeokjae said.

“Oh…” Sojung nod then continue to cook.

 

Hyeokjae take out a bottle of water from the refrigerator, then sitting on the high stool of the kitchen, gulping the water, relieving his thirst.

“By the way… why you were scared?” Hyeokjae asked while closing the bottle lid.

“What?” Sojung asked without turn to look at him, busy with her cooking.

“A while ago… when I just enter, you said that ‘I’m scares you’. What makes you scared?”

“Oh.. I mean, you surprised me. I’ve been lived in this house for years only with Joonwoo. I never excpecting somebody came into my house at this early morning from my back terrace. Guest always knock from the front door, right?” Sojung said with chuckle.

“Oh… I understand.” Hyeokjae nod, but then he says, “But I’m not a guest.”

This time Sojung turn to look at him, “Yes, you are not.” She then chuckle. “I guess I just haven’t adapted yet with this new situation.” She’s giving an excuse, then continuing to cook.

 

Hyeokjae is staring Sojung’s figure from behind, he is smiling as he enjoying the view. But then he get up, walking to the corner of the kitchen…

“You like coffee? I bring my coffee machine here…” Hyeokjae said as he start to take out his coffee bean and put some on the grinder.

“I like it. But maybe not as much as you do. I don’t grind coffee bean on my own and I never have coffee machine.” Sojung innocently said.

Hyeokjae laugh to heard that.

“But I’d love if you let me have a taste of coffee that you make. It’s smells nice.” Sojung said in smile.

“Just wait when it brewing it gonna smells lot more nice than now.” Hyeokjae said while his hand busy spinning the coffee bean grinder handle.

 

 

After a while..

While the coffee is start to brewing, it smells filling the house.

“Oh.. the smells is relaxing. It’s like I’m hang around at the café.” Sojung said then deeply inhales, filling her lungs with coffee smells.

“Your omelette also smells good. It makes me feel hungry.” Hyeokjae said.

Sojung turn to look at him with wide smile, “It’s okay if you wanna eat first.”

“Really? I’d like to… I have meeting schedule this morning. I think I can’t wait the rest to wake up, I should go early.”

“Oh, okay then… How about you having a shower first while I preparing your breakfast?” Sojung offering.

“Okay.” Hyeokjae nod then he go to do what Sojung told him to do.

 

 

Hyeokjae back to the kitchen, already in clean clothes. His usual style, a jeans pants, t-shirt on the inside and shirt as outer. His hair style also back to what he used to be, casual without pomade/hair gel. Stubble also visible on his chiseled jaw again.

Hyeokjae pour some well made coffee into the mug, sip it with enjoyment.

“How do you like your coffee?” Hyeokjae asked.

“Uhmm… years ago when I still work with the girls, I used to like ice americano, I could had it 3-4 glass a day or more. But for now I think I’d like it hot with with milk and sugar. Can you make me cappuccino?” Sojung asked.

“Okay, a mug of cappuccino will serve.” Hyeokjae said as if he is a barista on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter