Chapter 31

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning...

They have to wake up to dealing with rumours and scandals that becomes hottest topic on the whole country.

 

Top 10 Nation trending topic

1. #GFriendSowon

2. #GFriendSojung

3. #GFriend

4. #GFriendFormerLeader

5. #GFriendSowonScandal

6. #GFriendSowonHusband

7. #GFriendSowonJeju

8. #GFriendSowonBaby

9. #GFriendSowon

10. #SowonIdol

 

Sowon becomes headline news on almost every media. Sadly to be told that almost media blowing up about the scandal, rumours, false news with such a judging title. It framed Sojung as the main role, but as the bad one, the worst.

"Unnie, for your own sake, you better not try to browse any news articles about you lately." Yerin trying her best to suggest.

"Is it bad?' Sojung innocently ask.

"Yeah! Sure damn the worst I've ever know in my whole life." SinB bluntly said with exageration.

Sojung is scrunching her face, as if in pain.

 

"I gotta see it... then i should clarify." Sojung said.

Yerin sigh, "Not now, Unnie. Let's wait until it get better in few days later." Yerin carefully said.

"Promise me you won't take a look. At least until we tell you to. Don't try to secreatly browse it." SinB offering her pinky finger to Sojung.

Sojung staring at SinB's pinky finger on the front of her.

 

"Promise me, Unnie!" SinB is urging.

"You make it sounds really bad. I have to see it. Fix it as soon as possible, before people think it's true.  I have to change their mind before it's too late."

"No! Don't! Trust me. It worst. It just gonna make you sad, mad, hurt, very negative." SinB furiously said.

Sojung look at Yerin, and that girl shook her head."Just promise us, Unnie, please..."

Sojung turn to look at Hyeokjae. That man is standing while leaning on the door frame, looking outside. But even only from the view of his side face, Sojung can see his anger, also the aura surrounding him is uncomfortable.

 

"Joonwoo, get me your Eomma's cellphone!" SinB order his nephew.

Joonwoo quickly go to get what his imo told him to do. Not too long, he's back with Sojung's cellphone.

"Here you are, imo." He hands the cellphone to SinB.

Sojung trying to take it, but SinB is faster, she quickly turn it off then shoved it into her jeans pocket.

"We doing this for your sake, Unnie."

 

Sojung feels very frustrated..

"You always said that everything you do is for my sake. But you never asked me what I want... what I  need, what I think. So how you can be so sure that what you do for me is the best for me?"

Yerin and SinB taken aback. They never expect that Sojung would ask that kinda question.

 

"Unnie-..." Yerin anxiously call her.

But Sojung interrupt before Yerin says another words, "You all are always the same. Whenever I'm your Leader or even more when I'm nothing now.. you never listen to me. You just wanna having fun and doing anything you want."

"We are not having fun right now." SinB sternly said in her low trembling tone. Not the kinda scares trembling, but angry trembing. "You should doing reflection rather than scolding us for our playfulness."

"Me? Doing reflection?" Sojung asks back, irritatedly.

"Yeah! See yourself! It's not that we not listening to you, but actually, you are who ignore us. You the one who quit from our group and left us miserably, remember? Do you ever think about that? Do you ever considerate our sake? You just did what ever you want. Cruel~..."

"SinB-ah..." Yerin squeezed SinB's shoulder to stop that younger girl keep saying savagely to their Unnie.

 

Suddenly..

Hyeokjae come closer and offering his cellphone to Sojung, "Here. You can use my phone. Check on every articles about you lately."

"Oppa/Hyung?!" Yerin and SinB quickly protest.

Hyeokjae sigh, "She's not a kid. She's grown up woman with a kid already. Let her face the world. Let her think how to survive from all that currently happen. She already struggling by herself all these years, and proofed that she's capable to survive. So let her... it's her life by the way. You already did your best, everything you could for her, according to your consideration. Let's not be regret later. Everyone of us." He once again making gesture sign her to take his cellphone.

 

Tsk!

 

SinB expressing her disappointment. But then she take out Sojung's cellphone from her pants pocket, roughly put it into Sojung's hand, while push Hyeokjae's hand away, signing him to keep back his phone.

 

 

Sojung turn back on her cellphone to check on news about her. Time to time she gradually become sadder and sadder. Her tears is streaming and she's sobbing softly, while keep on reading those horrible news about her. She got interrupted doing that terrible thing when her cellphone ringing. She pick up the call as she get up and walk a bit away from them, but they still can slightly hear her voice answering...

 

"... Hello, Eomma... yes, I know that... don't worry... Yerin and SinB are here with me... you know I'm strong, right? Don't worry... just please take care of your health, Unnie too... Yes... No... yes... okay, Eomma... I love you..."

After she done with the phone call, she continue checking on the news.

 

 

On the terrace behind the house...

Hyeokjae, SinB, and Yerin are discussing what their next step. While Joonwoo is sleeping on Yerin's lap. That boy is hardly understand about what happening surround him, but he can feels that everybody are not in good mood, emotional, tense, very easy to mad or cry. So he just quietly playing by himself. Trying his best to not make mess and never trying to ask why he couldn't go to school or just go to play with his friends out of their house. He also couldn't bring himself to ask his Eomma about what actually happening, since he can see the constant teary eyes that threatening to leak at any moment. He hates when ever his Eomma crying sadly. So he decided that he better not asks.

Yerin dearly caressing Joowoo's head that laying on her lap. Feels pity for her nephew, also admire how that little boy dealing with confusing situation that happening. Yerin notice how Joonwoo is just silently watching over them from aside. Yerin wants to tell him that everything is fine, but she couldn't say it, since she know how bull she gonna sounds. And she doesn't want to tell a lie to that innocent boy.

 

"Situation is getting out of hand. There're too much false rumours spreading around. All are put Sojung unnie as bad person. How we fix these? Where we should start? How we finish these?" SinB questioning as if a monologue of herself. But Yerin and Hyeokjae are aware that she need answer for those. But they haven't know idea yet...

 

Silence...

 

"I've read all those reports that you sent me yesterday." Hyokjae break the silence.

"You did?" Yerin make sure.

Hyeokjae nod, "Yeah. And I found something..."

"What?" SinB get a bit of hope.

"The Detective indeed found Sojung here because one of you..."

"What?!" Yerin and SinB shriek at the same time.

That makes Joonwoo wriggling on his sleep. Yerin quikly caress him a bit more and tell him to stay sleeping with her soft voice.

 

"How?" is SinB's question.

"The detective actually already found out about Sojung at Jeju since pretty long time, but he haven't found out where she exactly lives. Until... you girls came here."

"He stalked us?" Yerin asks.

"Uhmm.. not exactly stalked actually. It kinda his luck, I guess..."

"Luck? How could you said that?" SinB frown in disagreement.

Hyeokjae grining, "He got lucky. Seriously... I think 'luck' or 'destined' are the best words to described that."

Yerin and SinB pouting upsetly.

"It's his luck. But Sojung's unfortunate. A destiny." His grin turn to sorrow.

 

"Here's the thing... he was already went around this island for couple of times, for months, until the stage he memorized every little alleys and turns, small stalls where he could buy cigarettes whenever he needed, but still haven't found Sojung. Until one day he stopped by the gas station toilet and recognized one of you were there." Hyokjae trying to explain.

Yerin and SinB are seriously listening to him.

"Oh my God! It was Yuna, right?" Yerin tried to guess.

"Yes. Exactly!"

"Oh my... it was really a luck!!" Yerin say it whle having jumbling mind.

"He followed Yuna Unnie until he found this place?"

Hyeokjae nod, "Yes. That was what happened."

 

Silence engulfing them again...

 

SinB heavily sigh, "Okay. We finally found out about that first problem. Then now, let's move on how to solve other problems."

"How to fix those rumours? Too much things that we have to open to public, while it actually Sojung Unnie personal matters. It gonna be too hard." Yerin comment.

"Can we just ignore it? And just move on, live our life." Hyeokjae questioning.

"Of course we can do that... if... we able to ignore public respond, people judging stares, or maybe the worst... public resentment, social exclusion. Can we survive from those?" SinB telling worse scenario that might happen.

"Oh... will it gonna be that bad?" Hyeokjae asks.

"Yeah. That's basic probabillity." Yerin assured.

"Oh... that's horrible." Hyeokjae said in sad.

 

Suddenly...

"But the good news is... I'm the one who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter