Chapter 24

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oops!"

A jar of jam accidently slipped from Sojung's hand.

 

TAP

 

Fortunately Kyunsang agily catch it before it drop and crash into the floor.

"Be careful." He concernly said. Then put the jar on the shelves.

"Thanks." Sojung said then she scoot to another section of spice to put the new stock, but then...

 

"Kyaaaa!!" Sojung clumsily bumped her feet onto the bracket of fruit then lost her balance. Fortunately Kyunsang quick enough to catch her, twine her waist, prevent her from fall.

 

"I just told you to be careful." Kyunsang firmly said.

Sojung a bit panting, shocked by the almost-incident just now. "Thanks."

Kyunsang sigh, "I think I better stay close to you, since you such talented to be clumsy."

"Talented? Oh wow... what a compliment..." Sojung said sarcastically.

Kyunsang laugh.

 

 

 

From few meters away...

Hyeokjae looking at how Sojung and Kyunsang talking to each other, and how they behave and the way the looking at each other.

Heokjae roughly scoffs, it makes Mr. Baek chuckle, "Yah... why you scoffed at them? What you care? It have nothing to do with you."

"She's stupid. How could she easily forgive him after rudely slapped and cursed harsh words to her." Hyeokjae grumbling.

"It's Sojung who gotten rude behavior. It's also Sojung who able to forgive him, that's why now they can comfortably talk and behave to each other. It nice isn't? You should happy for her. Also to know such an angelic person like her." Mr. Baek said.

Hyeokjae sigh, "Are angelic and stupid same? Can she see that guy is totally jerk. I'm sure he will do it again someday.. "

"Then if that day really come, then Sojung just have to forgive him again to fix it all. Easy."

"It's stupid!" Hyeokjae insist.

Mr. Baek laugh, "Then tell her!"

"She won't listen to me."

"Then why you being so sure that she won't listen to you?"

Hyeokjae sigh and low his face, "Because she thought me as rude person."

Mr. Baek laugh, "Then it makes you on the same level as that guy."

Hyeokjae pout, "Don't similarized me with that jerk!" Then he roughly close the truck box door then with easy jump he take the driver seat, "Mr. Baek, you better quickly finish the payment! So we can go away from here as soon as possible. I'm gonna puke if I look at them for longer." Then Hyeokjae close the door and turn his sight to another direction, as he refuse to see Sojung and Kyunsang giggle and mingle.

Mr. Baek laugh, "Okay, young man. I'll make it fast." Then he walk back inside the store to get the payment from Sojung.

 

 

Knock... knock... knock...

 

Hyeokjae turn to look outside the door to find out who's knocked on his door. It's Joonwoo. Hyeojae roll down his window glass.

"What's up Joonwoo-yah? You just come back from school?" He ask.

Joonwoo nod, "May I borrow your cellphone, Ahjussi?"

Hyeokjae frown, "What for?"

"To talk to my Imos." Joonwoo honestly say.

"Why don't you use your Eomma's cellphone? I bet it already has their contact number in it..."

"It does. But she not let me talk to them?"

"Why? Is she angry at them?"

"No."

"So why is it?"

"Just.... no. She forbid me to tell Imos that I hate that Ahjussi." Joonwoo said almost can't be heard.

"What? You hate that Ahjussi?" Hyeokjae raise his tone in disbelief.

Joonwoo nod.

"Why?"

"Because he rude. He cursed harsh words to my Eomma and also slapped her."

"Oh wow... finally! I find someone in common. I thought I'm the only weird one who hate that guy." Hyeokjae happilly said, then he open the door and jump out from the car. He take his cellphone from his pocket then give it to Joonwoo, "Here you are. Use it as much as you want."

Joonwoo take it with smile, "Really? Thanks Ahjussi."

"You have their number?" Hyeokjae ask.

Joonwoo nod as he take a piece of paper from inside his short pants, then read the note on it as he type it on Hyeokjae's cellphone.

 

Joonwoo hear the waiting tone change, but until the time limit end, his imo doesn't pick his call up.

"Maybe she the type of person who not pick up the call from unknown number. Why don't you try to send her a message first to tell her that this is you." Hyeokjae advice while leading for them to sit on the bench under the tree not too far from where he parking his truck.

"Oh is that so... okay. I'll text her." Joonwoo agree while walk along with Hyeokjae.

 

Joonwoo start to typing :

[Yerin Imo, it's me Joonwoo. Kim Joonwoo. Your nephew from Jeju. Please pick up my phone call.]

[Ahh..  This is Hyeokjae Ahjussi's phone number. The Ahjussi who work with Mr. Baek supplyer Eomma's store, who used to bickering with Eomma, remember? He lend me his cellphone since Eomma not let me borrow hers.]

 

"Do you have to remind her that I'm the person who used to bicker with your Eomma?" Hyeokjae sarcastically ask.

Joonwoo grinning, "I just want her to easily remember who you are, in case she forget about you and not believe that it's really me who try to contact her."

Hyeokjae rolling his eyes irritated.

 

1 minute....

2 minutes...

5 minutes....

There's no respond from Yerin.

 

"Maybe you should try your other imos? You have lot's of them, there're 5 of them, right?" Hyeokjae advice.

Joonwoo nod, "Yeah. Uhm.. that's great idea. Maybe you are right. I should try another imo."

 

Then Joonwoo send messages to the other 4 imos of him.

 

1 minute...

2 minutes...

5 minutes...

Ther's still no single respond from any of them.

 

Joonwoo sigh in disappoint.

"Maybe they busy right now." Hyeokjae trying to soothe.

Joonwoo nod, "Yeah, maybe..." he sigh again, then give the cellphone back, "Here your cellphone, Ahjussi. Thanks for let me borrowed it."

Hyeokjae take his cellphone back, "I'll let you know if they respond later." He said while put his cellphone back into his pocket.

Joonwoo nod, "Thank you."

"Hey, who is that guy actually? And why he been so rude to your Eomma before?" Hyeokjae ask.

"I don't know. All that I know is his name is Yoon Kyunsang, from Seoul. My Imos were not pleased when I told them about him being here. My imos are only my back up. Eomma is ignoring me everytime I told her that I don't like that man." Joonwoo tell.

"Me too. I don't like him being around your Eomma. And I really don't get it why your Eomma able to forgive him after what he did to her before." Hyeokjae said.

"Really? So you gonna help me, Ahjussi?" Joonwoo ask.

"Of course. Comfortably tell me if you need something." Hyeokjae offers.

"Oh wow! Geezz... thanks, Ahjussi." Joonwoo happily respond.

Then they doing a high-five.

 

"Hey, what are you doing here?' Mr. Baek ask while walking closer.

"Were you done?" Hyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter