Chapter 33

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sojung-ssi…” Mrs. Nam, from The Child Support Bureau pause for a while to deeply sigh, “Your case is already difficult from the start, do you have to add these horrible troubles to make it harder?”

Sojung is taken aback by heard that. As if the heavy burden that already on her shoulder these years is being add more, it depressing her so much, gnawing ‘til the bottom her heart. Until she on the stage that she unable to give any respond for the 'scold’ that she got just now. Sojung is froze.

“Would you mind to have more care on how to speak to my Unnie, Ahjumma?” SinB sternly said, as stern as the look of her face when she said it straightly to that lady. While in the other hand, Mrs. Nam look surprised, clearly shown how unpleased she is with ‘Ahjumma’ called by such rude young girl who she just meet for the first time today.

“SinB-ah…” Yerin pull SinB’s hand, telling her to lean back.

SinB turn too look at Yerin, she is upsetly clenching her jaws, “But, Unnie…”

“I know. But just hold back, don’t make this worse.” Yerin whisperly tell the younger girl.

SinB roughly scoffed, then lean back as she folding her arms in front of her chest, and pursing her lips into thin line. She is so upset and angry, but she still has sanity that make her understand that what Yerin said is right, and her Sojung Unnie is definitely doesn’t need more troubles from her. She had enough troubles on her own.

 

While SinB calming herself down, she take a looking at Hyeokjae that sitting a little back on the side. That man is quickly back to the hospital after Yerin told him by text messages about The Child Support Bureau’s warned to Sojung and their plan to send visitors to check on Joonwoo’s condition at the hospital that day, even though he already said that he needs to go to do some works when he left the hospital that early morning. SinB feels a bit sad about how that man is treated like not included in the conversation session that they having at that time, an outsider. But SinB can clearly see that man is paying attention and listening to all that happening in that room. SinB notice those thick veins that bulging on his temple, sync with the cloudy face he has that time, behind his silent mode he also upset. He seems like about to explode. He already form a fist, even though he covering it with his other hand, but SinB notice how those fingertips turn to white, he must be has those for wrapping his fist too hard.

 

Uhmm… I wonder when he plans to actually punch this annoying Ahjumma…

I will add some kicks when he finally do that.

This Ahjumma is so rude. How could she work at The Child Support Bureau with that kinda attitude. Geez…

She should be working as warden, she can take advantage that kind of her attitude for dealing with criminals in prison. I think that must be more useful.

SinB secreatly thought.

 

 

“I beg you pardon, Mrs. Nam, but I think Sojung-ssi is already trying her best for Joonwoo’s sake. You know how she even gave away her idol career and left her group so she can live calmly to taking care of Joonwoo properly. She is actually the victim of those rumours and false news. We should help her.” Mrs. Joon the other lady from The Child Support Bureau fortunately has different opinion than Mrs. Nam.

SinB having a sudden urge to hug that small sweet lady who sitting acrossed the table. While Mrs. Nam is pouting to heard what Mrs. Joon said to her.

 

Mrs. Joon shift her sight to look at Sojung, “Sojung-ssi, for now, I think you must prioritizing to taking care of Joonwoo, he should get better first. You can think about fixing the other things after that.”

But suddenly Mrs. Nam start to bubbling, “But if she thinking about to fix those gossips later, it might already too late. Those news might gonna be worse than now. It gonna way too hard to fix it. She should fix these quickly. As soon as possible. She-..”

Before Yerin and SinB, or Hyeokjae about to stop that nagging lady, Mrs. Joon is ‘a step a head’ by squeezing Mrs. Nam’s hand to stop her bubbling, and says, “I’m so glad that you already making up with your former group members. They are so kind and sweet to be here and helping you.” Mrs. Joon says while smiling to Yerin and SinB, that gratefully smiles back at her.

 

 

 

Later, after two ladies from The Child Support Bureau left…

“Yerin Unnie, why you stopped me for argued with that fierce ahjumma? She should learn to watch out and think a million times before talk to our Sojung Unnie.” SinB furiously nagging to Yerin.

“You too! Watch your mouth and think a million times before you talk and behave! You gonna make things worse if you confronting those ladies.” Yerin rebutly said to SinB, and make that girl goes silent and just pout.

 

“Hey.. where is Hyeokjae Hyung? He already disappeared…” SinB trying to change the topic.

But Sojung and Yerin also don’t know where he is, also not aware that he actually already left.

 

 

*****

 

Meanwhile, somewhere near the hospital exit gate…

“Madams… wait!”

Mrs. Nam turn to take a look behind. There’s a man run to her direction. “Was that the guy who at Joonwoo’s room a while ago?” she ask Mrs. Joon.

Mrs. Joon then also turn to take a look at what Mrs. Nam talked about, “Yes. I think he is.”

Hyeokjae stop right on the front of them, “Madams, can we have a talk, please?”

“You was on Joonwoo’s room too, right?” Mrs. Nam questioning.

“Yes, I was.”

“Who are you actually?” Mrs. Joon turn to questioning also.

“I-… uhm.. I’m just a friend. Sojung’s friend. That’s all.” Hyeokjae timidly said.

“So, what actually you want to talk about with us?”

“About Sojung and Joonwoo. Is there anything I can do to help them?”

“Oh…”

“Please… May I ask some of your time, Madams? Maybe while we have a lunch. It’s a lunch time. And I know where we can get a delicious stew near here.” Hyeokjae trying his best.

Mrs. Nam beaming to hear about ‘delicious’ thing.

 

“Please… this way,” Hyeokjae politely directing them.

 

 

Later, at a restaurant with ‘delicious stew’ that Hyeokjae talked about a while ago…

“Uhmm~… this stew is so good.” Mrs. Nam said after slurped a stew broth.

Mrs. Joon and Hyeokjae just chuckle.

“So, Young Man, can we start with you tell us, who’s your name?” Mrs. Joon ask with such a friendly smile.

“Ah.. right.” Then Hyeokjae shift the way he sitting into more polite, straight his back, then bowing, “Annyeong hasimnikka (안녕하십니까 : Hello in the most formal polite way), I’m Cho Hyeokjae.”

“What are you doing in Joonwoo’s room?” Mrs. Nam questioning between her focus to find a beef between vegetables and rice on her bowl.

“Uhmm.. I was at Sojung’s house when Joonwoo faint. I'm who drove them to the hospital. So I’ve being with them since the begining Joonwoo got sick.” Hyeokjae awkwardly trying to explain.

“What your job?” Mrs. Nam ask again.

“I’m a… farmer, and I used to supplying fresh organic vegetables and fruits for Sojung’s grocery shop.”

“Farmer and suplier?”

“Yes.”

“Your own land or working on somebody’s land?”

“Mine.”

“Oh great. Such a young man already have your own land and supplier company.”

“I herit the land from my parents actually..”

“Oh.. I see. You got great asset. Is farming bussines good?”

“Uhm.. yes. I think it’s good.”

“Are you doing good?” Mrs. Nam keep asking, while Mrs. Joon is calmy enjoying her lunch while listening to them.

“Yes. I think I’m doing good.” Hyeokjae is start to frowning, “I beg you pardon, but why you keep asking me about my job?”

“Are you single?” Mrs. Nam ignoring Hyeokjae’s protest and keep asking.

“Yes. I am.” But Hyeokjae can’t held back himself to answering either.

“Have you been married?”

“No. I haven’t.”

“In relationship right now?”

“No. I’m not.”

“Are you putting your eyes on someone right now?”

“Uhmm… yes.”

“Sojung-ssi…” Mrs. Nam let her her sentence hanging.

But Hyeokjae a bit jolted, “What’s with Sojung?”

“How long you know her?”

“Uhmm… I think.. about… 6 years.”

“Oh… that’s pretty long. I think, it’s about the same years since she came to Jeju..” Mrs. Nam reminisce while her hand keep moving her chopstick to get kimchi and put it into .

“Yes. I think since the first year she came here.”

“You know she’s not from Jeju..”

“Yes.”

“How did you know?”

“The way she talk. She doesn’t talking in Jeju’s dialect. It shows very much, isn’t?”

“Yeah. She is. But was she told you where she’s come from?”

“Yes. She’s from Seoul, right? It’s been 6 years we know each other, I think it’s normal if I happened to know that, we had conversation about something like that.”

“I’m just asking. No need to offended.”

“I’m not, Ma’am. I’m just wondering about those questions you asked me.”

“I’m just asked about petty things. We are chatting, right?” Mrs. Nam said unchalantly.

While Hyeokjae awkwardly grinning.

“Can I order more beef and rice?” Mrs. Nam asks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter