Chapter 10

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GFriend's dorm. Early in the morning.

Umji had just finished her morning exercise that she usually do after had a sightview of sunrise. She now sitting on the balcony terrace chair, sunbathing, breathing morning fresh air while once in a while sipping his warm milk, enjoying her favorite 'me time' in the morning. She surprise when suddenly there's sound of their dorm's front door open ...

 

"Unnie! Where have you been at this early morning? You used to be still sleeping at this kind of time..." Umji ask as soon as she found out that Sowon is the person who just opened the door.

Sowon yelped, obviously didn't expect there's somebody 'caught' her at that early morning, she grinning sheepishly, "Just had a morning walk on the park." She said that continue her steps to her room.

Umji then back to whatever she did before. They doesn't have to rush that morning, since their first schedule for that day still in few hours later.

 

But the next day and days after, Umji as the usual 'the earliest morning person' got surprised again by the other early person of their group, their leader-unnie, Sowon. Umji 'caught' her again an again, day by day, enter their dorm. Sowon always says the same reason everyday, that she...  "Just had a morning walk on the park."

But Umji somehow doubt that reason. She feel that her unnie was actually doing another thing. But Umji just don't have any clue... So then, that curious Maknae decide that she has to do something to figure out what actually her leader-unnie did, and where she went... The first thing that Umji try to do is wake up earlier than she used to did, then check on to the unnie line sharing room, but she only find that Sowon is not on her bunk. Umji frown and pursed her lips, irritating, feeling lose.

So the second strategy... Umji set the alarm earlier than the day before. About between midnight to dawn. She almost fail, because she fell asleep again after turn off the alarm, but her 'genious brain' remind her...

 

Who set the alarm at these early? She must be out of her mind...

....

Hey, wait a minute...

It's my alarm, from my personal cellphone, so it had to be myself who set the alarm...

...

But, why I set the alarm at these crazy early?

....

Ah...

Stupid Kim Yewon!

It's because Sowon Unnie.

I have to check on her...

 

That thought makes Umji fully awake. She open her eyes, get out from the warmness of her blanket, get down from her bed, then go straight to unnie line sharing room. Then got even more irritated when she once again found empty bunk of Sowon's. Umji can't back to sleep. Too irritated. So then she just sit on couch, spinning her brain harder, thinking. She still doing that until Sowon back and greet her 'good morning' with bright smile that makes Umji even more curious. But Umji has not enough guts to boldly ask to Sowon. And also, deep inside Umji doesn't want to dissapoint if Sowon just give her usual lame answer that she "Just had a morning walk on the park."

 

Huft~... Kim Yewon, indeed you still a kid. You haven't grown up enough to bravely confront Sojung Unnie.

C'mon... try ask her...

....

No... I wouldn't dare...

What you afraid of? It's just Sojung Unnie.

Your oldest unnie that used to adore you. You know for sure that she is a very soft and kind unnie.

...

Yeah, I know that...

But Sojung Unnie also my leader-unnie, and she able to become a scary person...

That side of Sojung Unnie that makes me afraid.

...

But it isn't like she will eat you... c'mon ask her!

...

Yeah, I know she won't eat me... (Umji rolling her eyes, upsetly)

...

What the worst scenario that might happen?

That Sojung Unnie won't tell the truth... that she will keep tell me her usual lame reason

"Just had a morning walk on the park"... then she might yell at me or scold me and hit me with her legendary painful smack that I haven't try it before...

....

Huft~... see... the worst scenario is not that bad...

...

Argh...!!

...

But... hey.... maybe Sojung Unnie really told the truth?...

Maybe she really had a morning walk on the park....

But why she not boasting to other members like the normal her...

...

It just morning walk on the park... what use to boast to?

Silly Kim Yewon... (Umji schrunching her face upsetly)

...

But why so early in the morning?

It's not even early morning, it was in the middle of the night...

It's weird to having excercise on that kind of time...

...

Yeah... it's odd time. Why I never thought about it before?... (Umji face become brighter as if got a sudden inspiration, enlightenment)

I better ask her and argue her lame reason.

....

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter