Chapter 47

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t go…”

Somehow there’s a yearning in Hyeokjae’s voice when he said that. It makes Sojung’s heart even more fluttered.

Hyeokjae loosen his hug on her, shifting to beside her. He’s gently grab on Sojung’s shoulders and turn her to face him. He’s staring at her. Then slowly leaning closer to her, shortening the distance between their face. He is tilting his head. While Sojung is instinctively close her eyes as he getting closer. Their lips are about to touch, when suddenly…

 

“Eomma!!”

Joonwoo is shouting from outside the door. It snapped Sojung back to her sanity. Her first reflex is to push him away.

 

“Argh!” Hyeokjae is groaning in pain.

“Oh my gosh.. Oppa, I’m sorry.” Sojung is panic.

The door open, and Joonwoo enter, “what happened?” that little boy innocently asked. Totally have no idea what he just messed up.

Hyeokjae is still groaning while covering his stomach.

“Appa, is your stomach hurt again?” Joonwoo asked in worry, “let me see..” then that boy pull Hyeokjae’s hand off from his stomach, there’s a stain of blood on Hyeokjae’s palm, “Eomma, Appa is bleeding again!”

Sojung is become more panic, “I’ll call the doctor.” She quickly grab her cellphone to call the doctor.

 

 

Later…

“The wound is wet because the rain, and the stitches is broken. That’s why it bleeding again and he’s having a fever. I already restitched it. He has to taking a rest today. It should be fine. If tomorrow he’s still hasn’t better, call me again, maybe the wound is infection, then we should take him to the hospital for further treatment.” The doctor said, then leave after make sure that they have medicines stock that Hyeokjae’s needs.

 

Sojung back to the bed room after sent the doctor go. Joonwoo is on the bed, sitting beside Hyeokjae who leaning on the pillow. That little boy is carefully caressing on Hyeokjae’s stomach that in bandage.

“Is it hurt a lot, Appa?” Joonwoo asked in worry.

Hyeokjae who look a bit pale is having smile and grimace at the same time, “it’s getting better now.”

Sojung feels like want to cry as she remember how she had pushed him twice this morning, also on her ignorance about Hyeokjae’s fever and the look of his wound when she treat him last night. She was supposed to be able to recognized it earlier, that it wet and there’re broken stitches.

 

How could I ignored those clues…

Stupid Kim Sojung!

Sojung is silently cursing herself.

 

“Sojung-ah, can you get me another sweater? Sorry, but this was stained by my blood.” Hyeokjae’s request successfully snapped Sojung back into reality.

Sojung quickly go to get a sweater from the closet. Then she help him to wear it.

 

Sob…

 

Hyeokjae’s head just comes out from the sweater collar when he heard that sob, he quickly see there’s tears welling on Sojung’s eyes.

“Hey… you’re crying.”

Sojung quickly wipe her own tears, “I’m sorry…”

Hyeokjae then pull Sojung to sit on the side of the bed, close to him. “Why you are sorry? It’s not your fault. Last night was rain when Joonwoo and I went to watched fireflies.”

“It’s my fault. I should know it since last night. I saw it when I changed your bandage. You had a fever too… But instead.. I pushed you twice this morning. I shouldn’t did that.”

“Why Eomma pushed Appa?” Joowoo suddenly asked a question.

Sojung and Hyeokjae are kind of unexpected by that question.

“Uhmmm…” Sojung is really don’t know how she should answer that.

 

“Joonwoo-yah, can you please get me a glass of water. Appa is thirsty.” Hyeokjae is sensefully quickly change the topic, distracting Joonwoo’s attention.

“Okay, Appa.” Joonwoo said then get down from the bed, then go to the kitchen.

 

Sojung is shyly glance to Hyeokjae.

Hyeokjae is just chuckling, “sorry… I shouldn’t put you in that situation. I just.. uhmm… I just dying wanna be close to you, and… to kiss you.” he honestly said.

Sojung is staring at him, dumbfounding, never expect that Hyeokjae would bluntly said that.

Hyeokjae is awkwardly laughing, shyly grinning, while scratching his not-actually-itchy head,

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Sojung cupped Hyeokjae’s face then kiss his lips.

 

“Oh…” that’s Hyeokjae first reaction after Sojung end their kiss. His eyes are widely open, shocked.

They are still in close distance, staring at each other eyes.

“Next time, you just need to asks me or .. you know what... just do it when ever you want it. Don’t make me confuse or nervous by your hesitation.” Sojung said, but then as if she just realized what she just said, her gaze change to timid, while her face is become slightly blushing.

Hyeokjae is can’t help himself to drop his jaw and raising his eyebrows, he’s surprised by that ‘bold permission’ from Sojung.

 

“Appa, here’s your water…” Joonwoo back with a glass of water. That boy is holding the glass with both of his hands as he carefully walk closer to give it to his Appa.

Sojung then shift away. But Hyeokjae quickly hold her hand to make her stay close, while his other hand get the glass of water from Joonwoo.

“Thanks, Son.”

“Ne.” Joonwoo politely said, then climb onto his Eomma’s lap. Want to close together with his parent.

 

 

That day, Sojung is planning to take care about Joonwoo’s school.

“Oppa, I’m sorry, but I have to go to Joonwoo’s new school. I already called and made an appointment for today. Joonwoo should go to school again. It’s have been months. He has a lot to catch up.” Sojung said while preparing documents and put it into folder.

“Eomma, I’m fine studying at home.” Joonwoo protest. He’s already neat in shirt, but he’s on the bed, sitting close to his Appa. Anybody who see can look how that boy is clearly shown that he is reluctant to go.

“Don’t you want to play with friends?” Sojung is persuading.

“No! I don’t want friends. Especially if they are like Jigoo.”

“Not every kid are like Jigoo, Joonwoo-yah. there’re also lots of good and fun kids.” Hyeokjae also persuading.

“Anyway, you are not going to your old school. So you won’t meet Jigoo again. Eomma has choose another school for you. It should be better than your old school. It’s farer, but we will drive you there, or you can go by school bus. It’s gonna be fun.” Sojung keep trying wooing her son.

“I want to stay at home. Study at home. Playing with Appa. I don’t wanna go to school!” Joonwoo keep protesting.

“But Appa won’t stay at home everyday. Appa has to go to work too.”

“Then I’ll go with Appa. Appa’s farm is more fun than school. Ahjussis and Ahjummas there are kind. I prefer go with Appa to work than go to school.”

“Eyy…. That’s not right thing to do. A kid should go to school, to study, play, and make friends. Working is for adult.” Hyeokjae is strying to persuade.

Joonwoo is pouting. Upset.

 

“Eomma has an idea. Let’s try it first. Joonwoo-yah, try this new school for a week. If you don’t like it, then Eomma will let you studying at home. How’s that?” Sojung suggesting.

Joonwoo is considering, “uhmmm… really? Promise?”

“Promise.” Sojung firmly said.

“Uhmmm… okay.” Joonwoo hesitantly said.

“Good boy!” Hyeokjae said then dearly caressing Joonwoo’s head, supporting and complimenting that boy.

Sojung is gladly smiling.

 

“Come on, Joonwoo. We should finished the registration first. So next week you can join the new semester.” Sojung said.

Joonwoo is pouting again, “Appa, I have to go…” he sadly said then hugging his Appa.

Hyeokjae pat Joonwoo’s back.

“Oppa, you’ll be okay, right? We won’t go too long.” Sojung worrily said.

“I’m fine. I’m gonna sleep until you are come back.” Hyeokjae soothe.

“Okay, let me bring you your breakfast first…” Sojung said the she get out from the room to go to the kitchen. Not too long she’s back bring a set of breakfast on the tray for Hyeokjae.

 

“We’ll be right back, Appa.” Joonwoo lazily said.

“Okay. Let’s play together later when you come back, okay Joonwoo?”

The pout is instantly disappeard from Joonwoo’s face, change to wide smile, he excitedly nod. He then jump down from the bed, then hold his Eomma’s hand and pull her to the door, “C’mon Eomma, let’s quickly go. So I can quickly back home to play with Appa.”

 

 

Later…

When Sojung and Joonwoo back, Hyeokjae is still sleeping. So then Joonwoo is playing on the living room by himself, while Sojung cooking lunch on the kitchen.

“Joonwoo, can you check if Appa wake up? We’re gonna have a lunch.” Sojung asked.

“Okay, Eomma.” Joonwoo said then get up then go to the bed room. Not too long he coming out along with Hyeokjae.

“Were you woke Appa up, Joonwoo?”

“No, I didn’t. Appa already up and busy with his laptop.”

Sojung quickly glaring at Hyeokjae who’s grinning.

“You should be rest!” Sojung is scolding.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. I really slept until a while ago. I just check emails.” Hyeokjae’s excuse.

 

Then they having lunch together. After that Hyeokjae is playing with Joonwoo. They are playing catching ball on the back of their house. Hyeokjae is sitting on the wooden bench throwing the ball to Joonwoo. But if Joonwoo failed to catch or he throw too far from Hyeokjae’s reach then Joonwoo is the one who running around all over the places, picking up the ball, while Hyeokjae is just stay by in his spot, because Sojung forbid him to move too much. It must be tiring for Joonwoo, since he’s the one who keep on running, but that boy really doesn’t mind to do that. That boy has so many energy and too happy to have Appa to play with him.

“It’s so fun! Let’s do it again tomorrow, Appa!” Joonwoo happily said when they finally end their game and go inside the house, after the sunset.

“Oh my gosh! Joonwoo you are drenching in sweat. You are stinky…” Sojung is teasing, pinching her own nose, pretending to upleased with Joonwoo’s smell.

Joonwoo is just laughing. He’s too happy to be annoyed by his Eomma’s tease.

“Go to shower!” Sojung is commanding.

“Okay Eomma!”

“Properly rub your body with the soap, okay? Also wash yor hair! You should be smells nice after that.”

“Alright… alright..” Joonwoo said between his laugh. Then bouncing up on the stairs, as he going to his room.

 

Then Sojung give a cup to warm tea to Hyeokjae who sitting on the long couch.

“Are you tired?” Sojung asked, then sitting beside Hyeokjae.

“No. I’m just stay still on the bench. Joonwoo was the one who ran around.” Hyeokjae said, chuckling, then sipping the tea.

“But you are sweating too…” Sojung said, then she put her cup on the table, pull her long sleeve over size sweater until it covering half of her palm, then use the edge of her sleeve to wipe Hyeokjae’s sweat.

Hyeokjae is fluttered by what Sojung doing to him.

 

Then Hyeokjae put his cup of tea on the table.

“Sojung-ah…”

“Eung?” Sojung is answering without turn to look at him. she’s still busy wiping Hyeokjae’s sweat.

“Did you meant what you said to me this morning?”

“What?”

“That I can kiss you when ever I want…”

Sojung is a bit flinched to heard that. She’s timidly take a glance to Hyeokjae, but then quickly shift to look at other direction when her stare was meet with Hyeokjae’s hazel eyes that staring at her. It as if melt her down.

After a moment to calm herself down, Sojung then “… eung…” she nod, while pretending still busy wiping his sweat.

 

Silence…

 

Hyeokjae is staring at her intensely, as if he want to dig into the deep of her eyes and scanning her face expression to discover if Sojung maybe lied with her answered just now. Sojung is avoiding his stares, not because she lied, but she’s actually very nervous and shy. Now she is awkwardly pretending to be busy pulling back her sleeve. Hyeokjae then reaching out his hand, touch on Sojung’s chin, gently pulling closer and lift it up, demanding she look into his eyes. He then leaning closer, tilting his head, then softly peck on Sojung’s lips. When he is sure that Sojung is not back away, he then kiss her deeper. Then when he feels that Sojung is gradually willing to respond to his kiss, Hyeokjae then tilting his head to the opposite way, while his arm reaching out to twine her waist, pulling her closer as he also lean more, naturally set her to lay down, then deepened their kiss. Sojung then willingly to encircling her arms on his neck, keeping them close against each other.

“I love you, Kim Sojung.” Hyeokjae said between ending up their kisses with few soft light pecks on her lips.

Sojung is smiling. She’s about to reply, but then she’s hearing Joonwoo’s steps sound that seems coming down from the second floor. Sojung is instinctively quickly push him away then straighten up to sit right before Joonwoo see what they just did.

 

“Eomma, I’m hungry!” that little boy is whining, then snuggling between his Eomma and Appa on the couch.

Hyeokjae glance to Sojung, he has that sort of protest, that he hasn't have enough, that he expressing it by his eyes and face. Sojung is just chuckling, then she get up and walk to the kitchen to cook something to feed her son, leaving Hyeokjae who has to accept that their session of make out is already finished for that time.

 

Wow… she’s being open to me now.

Kim Sojung, I’m letting you go now, but I warned you… next time you will be the one who not gonna let me go.

Hyeokjae is wittily smirking. He’s fully determined now, since Sojung already gave him an ‘access’.

 

 

 

 

Later, after the dinner…

*on video call

GFriend : “Unnieee…!” (the five of them are trying their best to schrunching against each other to fit all of them on the phone screen)

Sojung (chuckling) : “Hi girls!”

GFriend : “We miss you so much, Unnie! How are you? You are getting prettier! Where’s Joonwoo? I want to see Joonwoo! Where’s Hyung-boo? I want to see Hyung-boo?” (they are shouting at the same time, with different question/request)

Sojung : “Omo!! Girls, one by one. I can’t properly heard you.”

 

Suddenly…

Joonwoo (barging in, slide into Sojung’s lap, so he can look at the phone screen) : “Imooooos!!” (excitedly shouting)

GFriend : “Joonwoo-yaaahhh!!!” (shouting while pushing each other, fighting for the cellphone, trying to look at Joonwoo for eachselves, which is it makes them look chaos on the screen)

Sojung and Joonwoo are laughing looking at them.

 

Joonwoo : “Imos, when you are gonna come here? I miss you.”

Gfriend : “Ouwh… we miss you too~… we really want to go to Jeju to see you, but our schedules is full packed. We even don’t have enough time to sleep.”

Joonwoo (pouting) : “…”

GFriend : “Oh.. you look so cute. I wanna squeeze you, Joonwoo-yah..” (they are trying to squeeze him on the phone, their squeezing fists fulfill the screen)

Joonwoo (giggling) : “…”

GFriend : “Why don’t you come here to see us, Joonwoo?”

Joonwoo : “I can’t. I have to go to school start on Monday next week.” (pouting)

GFriend : “Oh~…” (put on sad face)

SinB : “Where’s Hyung-boo? Is he okay?”

Joonwoo : “Appa is in his working room.”

Sojung : “He’s fine. Getting better.”

Joonwoo : “But this morning Eomma was broke Appa’s stitches. Appa was bleeding again.” (Joonwoo is reporting)

GFriend : “WHAT?! How come?”

Sojung (panic): “It was an accident.”

GFriend : “What happened?”

 

Suddenly, Hyeokjae is come to join on the couch, he is showing up from the side, join to show on the phone screen. It makes Sojung flinched, not expecting that Hyeokjae would barge in that such casually manner.

Hyeokjae : “Hi, girls.” (waving at them)

GFriend : “Hi, Hyung-boo!!” (they are brightly waving at him)

SinB : “Hyung, are you okay? Joonwoo said Unnie broke your stitches this morning…” (she’s looks worry)

While Sojung is lowering her face, feeling guilty.

Hyeokjae (chuckling) : “I’m okay. Doctor had came to restitched it. I’m fine.”

Yuju : “What happened?”

Hyeokjae : “It was just an accident. When Sojung woke up this morning, she’s accidently pressed on my body for her pedestal.”

GFriend (frowning in wonder) : “…”

Umji : “How’s that possible done?”

Hyeokjae : “Uhmm.. I guess maybe because I hold her too tight.”

GFriend (dropping their jaws) : “… you what?...”

Yuju : “.. Hyung-boo…. you…” (shy)

Yerin : “Sojung Unnie, you are blushing!! Hahaha!” (mean to pointing to Sojung)

SinB : “Yeepiieee!!!” (shouting out loud. Raising her arms in the air. Then dancing wittily. Very excited)

Sojung who blushing, jokingly hit Hyeokjae’s shoulder.

Hyeokjae : “Ouch…” (pretending to be in pain, but having wide grinning on his face)

Eunha : “Ouwh… I want to be there to watch your lovey dovey.” (she said cutely)

Hyeokjae : “You want to see it? I can show it you…”

GFriend : “REALLY?!”

Hyeokjae (nod) : “…” (he has naughty teasy smirk on his face)

GFriend : “SHOW IT TO US!!”

 

Hyeokjae then slowly leaning closer, seems like about to kiss Sojung’s cheek. The 5 of GFriend girls are stop blinking their eyes, they totally focus on what Hyeokjae about to do. Don’t want to miss a thing any second. While Sojung is actually secreatly being very nervous, her heart is beating faster, but she is staying still. But when it already so close, suddenly Hyeokjae change the direction, instead peck on Joonwoo’s head.

GFriend : “ARGH!!! HYUNG-BOOO~ COME ON!!” (irritatedly shout)

Hyeokjae, Sojung, and Joonwoo are laughing watching those girls in rage.

 

Yerin : “(sigh) Seriously… isn’t there any progress about you two?”

SinB : “It’s about time to make progress…”

Umji : “You need to be united to make things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter