Chapter 44

Need Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huft~…

For umpteenth times there’re sounds of hopelessly sigh.

 

“Stop it!”

SinB is scowled and upsetly whisperly squawking her members, “your sighs are not helping. It worsening. It draining hope. So stop it. Everything are hard enough for us all, don’t add more with your sigh. I hate to hear it.” Then she get up to give a warm hug to her Sojung Unnie that standing leaning to the glass window to keep looking at her dying husband inside the ER.

 

“SinB is right, there’s not much that we can do to help Sojung Unnie, so at least let her stop hearing us sighing while we near her. Instead, let’s support Unnie with hope, let’s energizing her with positif energy.” Yerin said, the three other girls are obediently nod.

 

 

“Unnie, why don’t you take a seat. You must be tired standing all the time. Or do you need something?” SinB sweetly asking while backhugging.

“I need Oppa to get better and wake up. I need Joonwoo back to me. Can you give me that, SinB-yah?” Sojung said in emotionlessly.

“Cross my heart.. I will fulfill all your wishes if I could. I really really want to, Unnie. But the fact is I’m not that capable. I’m not that great. I’m so sorry…” SinB desperatedly said.

Unexpectedly, Sojung is chuckle lowly. It’s so weird to hear her chuckling at times like that. It send a chilling shivering along SinB’s spine by heard that.

“I’m sorry too… I’m asking too much.” Sojung said then low her face.

SinB feels something wet drop on her arms that wrapping Sojung’s body.

 

It’s Unnie’s tears…

With that thought, SinB tightening her backhug on Sojung’s body.

 

“We’ll figure out something to help you, Unnie. don’t worry, you are not alone. We are here with you. We love you. So be strong, Unnie. Okay?...”

“Okay…”

Sowon’s voice sounds just for formality, because they both know that they are actually don’t know what to do. But at least they feels like should end that topic nicely. At least at that time…

 

 

 

At other place, somewhere at Seoul, government orphanage to be exact…

“Joonwoo-yah, eat some, Boy. You haven’t eat anything since you’ve been here this afternoon. You must be hungry.” A motherly ahjumma the Orphanage Manager from The Child Support Bureau trying to wooing.

But Joonwoo shaking his head, “No, I’m not hungry. I don’t want to eat. I just want to be with my Eomma.”

“You’ll be with her again later.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“You promise?” Joonwoo looking at the ahjumaa in full of hope.

The ahjumma just smiling, “That’s why you should eat. Your Eomma will be sad if you look thinner later when you meet.”

“I’ll eat if you promise that I’ll be back with Eomma.”

The ahjumma chuckle, “who taught you to bargain like that?”

“Eomma. She’s a great negotiator.”

“Wow, impressive that you know the word ‘negotiator’ at this such young age. Your Eomma must be more impressive person.”

“Of course, my Eomma is very impressive person, she’s smart, dignify, independent, tall, and beautiful. She has kind heart but also grumpy, she’s scold me a lot.”

The ahjumma laugh to heard that, “you must be a naughty kid.”

“No, I’m not. I’m a good boy.”

“So why your kindhearted Eomma would scold you?”

Joonwoo pouting, “fine.. I did naughty sometimes.”

The ahjumma laugh louder.

 

“What did you do so your Eomma scolded you?”

“Sometimes.. I messed up my home because I didn’t took care of my toys after I played it; some other times I faught with my friends, and get back home with bruises; then once I ran away from home for two days, my Eomma were panickely looked for me every where, she skipped her meal and fainted.”

“Oh wow… you did something like that? You are quite naughty, huh?”

Joonwoo nod then low his face, seems regretting.

 

“Then I guess it’s a good thing for your Eomma that we taking you away from her…”

Joonwoo suddenly lift up his face, showing his frowning forehead, his face looking upset, “my Eomma won’t like this. She must be sad and missing me a lot. She needs me by her side.”

“Why? She has other people to be her companion.”

“But I’m her only son.”

“She can get another son.”

Joonwoo pouting, “No! She want me!”

The ahjumma chuckle, “are you sure?”

Joonwoo nod his head with all his might, “Eomma loves me.”

“And you? do you love her?”

Again Joonwoo nod his head with all his might, “I love Eomma with all my heart!” he furiously said.

“Then are you not love your Appa, Immos, Halmonie, and other people?”

“I love them too.”

“But you said you love your Eomma with all your heart. You just have one heart, right? It’s already for your Eomma, so you can’t love the other also…”

Joonwoo becomes confuse, he is thinking what he supposed to say to rebut.

 

After thinking for a while, he then furiously says, “I love Eomma with all my heart. While the others… uhmm… I like them all. I don’t need heart to just like them, right? Yeah.. that’s right. I just like them… a lot.” He stubbornly said.

The ahjumma laugh out loud, “So you are sure that your heart is just for loving your Eomma?”

“Yes!” Joonwoo quickly and firmly said.

“Is your Eomma is that important, so you give your only heart for her?”

“Yes!” Joonwoo quickly and firmly said again, without hesitation, “Eomma is the most precious person for me.”

“But you said, she scolded you a lot. You still love her?”

“Yes. I love her very much.”

“Uhmm.. why don’t you try another Eomma? I have lots of people that I can introduce to you. Maybe there’s someone better and not scold you as much as your Eomma. You can pick another person to become your Eomma. How’s that? Great offer, right?”

 

Joonwoo is thinking, considering that offer for a while…

The ahjumma smirking, surpressing her laugh, at how cute Joonwoo who seriously considering at that time.

 

But after a while, “No! I don’t want another Eomma. I just want to get back my Eomma.” Finally he said that firmly.

“Are you sure? She scolded you a lot, remember?”

Joonwoo shaking his head, “No! I won’t be naughty ever again. I’ll be good boy. So Eomma won’t ever scold me anymore.”

The ahjumma chuckle, “okay, fine. But let’s eat a bit, shall we… I made a Kimchi Bokkeumbap (김치 볶음밥 : Kimchi fried rice) for you. this is still warm, and I put a double eggs special for you. This is my signature dish, favourite dish of everyone here. You shouldn’t skip this chance to taste this.” She trying to persuade.

Joonwoo looking at that kimchi fried rice, he actually hungry, and the smell of that dish is very appetizing. But he remember that he in ‘protest mode on’ in order to get back to his Eomma. He feels that he shouldn’t enjoying being there, away from his Eomma.

“I won’t tell anybody, you can eat this secreatly.” The ahjumma whispering.

“Really?”

The ahjumma nod, “You need to stay healthy and strong to get back to your Eomma. You shouldn’t get weaken at time like this. Don’t you think so?”

Joonwoo nod, “Yes, you’re right Ahjumma.”

Then Joonwoo accept that plate, then eagerly eat the kimchi bokeumbap. The ahjumma smiles to see that.

 

 

 

It’s have been passed a week, but Hyeokjae hasn’t woke up yet. Sojung is keep on staying outside his treatment room. There’s nothing can make her leave that place.

“Unnie, you don’t want to go to see Joonwoo?” Yerin carefully asked.

“Of course I want to. I want it so much. I miss him a lot. But I realized, that I can’t do anything to get him back right now. And I can’t think any idea… I need Oppa to wake up first, then after that we will get Joonwoo back.” Sojung said.

“You don’t want to check on him first? at least talk to him by phone... He must be scared and miss you so much. I think you need to tell him to waiting for you.” SinB also trying to asked.

“I’m still not strong enough right now. I will break down once I see him or hear his voice.... I can’t let him see me like that. I’m not ready yet…” Sojung said weakly, then lowering her face.

 

 

“C-.. can you… check him for me?” Sojung hardly asked that.

SinB exhales her breath as she trying to loosen up her uptight chest, feeling hurt to see how her used-to-be-strong Sojung Unnie become that pity, “okay, Unnie.” SinB said.

Sojung turning around to face the younger girls, her eyes are glistening, but her lips forming a slightly glad smile, “thank you, it means a lot for me.” Sojung said as she holding Yerin and SinB’s hands and gently squeezing it.

Yerin and SinB just nod their head.

 

 

 

Next day…

SinB is making time to go to Seoul Government Orphanage to see her nephew, Joonwoo, as Sojung asked her last night. Umji is going along with her that day, while the other members have something works to be done.

“Imos~…” Joonwoo is quickly recognized them from a far, and rushing to go to them.

Umji can’t held herself to slightly running to get her nephew. They meet in the middle of the way. Umji kneel so Joonwoo can throw himself into her embrace. Umji tightly wrapped her arms on that little boy who also tightly twining his arms on Umji’s neck.

SinB get to where they at a while after. She is clenching her jaws, trying to surpress her emotion, trying to keep her sanity in control. SinB is aware that at times like that, she needs to keep her sanity and rational mind in place. She needs to thinking straight and find solution.

“How do you do, Joonwoo-yah?” SinB greet after clearing her throath, to got rid away ‘the lump’ on her throath that almost make her spill her tears out. She is dearly caressing Joonwoo’s head.

“Why are you just came now? You should come here to get me back sooner.” Joonwoo whining.

“We are so sorry, Joonwoo-yah,” Umji said between her sobs. That maknae imo failed to held her composure any longer. She is just too sad.

“Anyway… we can’t get you back yet afterall…” SinB decided to telling that boy about that fact sooner than her plan.

Even though still has tears in her eyes, but Umji glare to SinB right away as soon as she heard that.

“We should tell him about this anyway…” SinB is arguing.

 

“Why?” Joonwoo whining.

“Because the government hasn’t let it yet.” SinB said.

 

 

“Uhmm… I beg you pardon. But how about you all taking more comfortable conversation where you all can have a seats?” an Ahjumma (who cooked a Kimchi Bokeumbap on Joonwoo’s first day on that orphanage) already near them.

SinB turn to face that Ahjumma, “ah.. we are so sorry. By the way, I’m SinB and this is Umji, we are Joonwoo’s imos, Sojung Unnie’s dongsaengs.” SinB said while politely offering her hand.

“Anyeonghaseyo (안녕하세요), I’m the Manager of this Child Support Bureau Orphanage. You can call me Mrs. Han.” The ahjumma said then warmly hand shaking SinB’s hand.

“Anyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Han.” SinB and Umji p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter