CULPRIT

NEVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“JooE, you need to freaking calm down!”

 

 

“How the hell can I calm down?!”

 

 

“Good point!” Nancy breathed. Yeonwoo looked at her with a ‘???????’ expression.

 

 

‘I thought we’re calming JooE down here?’ Yeonwoo shook her head with Nancy’s sudden agreement with JooE. 

 

 

“But at least calm down until Hyebin-unnie regains her sanity!” Nancy added.

 

 

“Nancy Jewel McDonie, stop talking about Hyebin as if she’s insane now!” JooE snarled at her best friend. Nancy raised both of her hands in surrender.

 

 

“The point is,” Yeonwoo finally butted in. “The both of you should calm down. Give my freaking eardrums a break!”

 

 

“I certainly won’t give Leeteuk a ing break, that’s for sure!” JooE sat on her bed with force that the bed creaked. Poor bed. 

 

 

A while ago, Nancy and Yeonwoo managed to tell JooE (with a couple of restraining because JooE was about to break her hospital room’s door 8 times in the midst of their storytelling to cut Leeteuk’s hanging future between his legs) what happened the whole time she was asleep. 

 

 

Obviously, she wasn’t happy at all about it.

 

 

After knowing what happened, JooE finally shed some angry tears and she said that it was all her fault. That if only she didn’t faint none of this would’ve happened. 

 

 

At that, she gained a smack to the head from Nancy.

 

 

“If that didn’t happen,” Nancy cholers to JooE’s ear. “Then we wouldn’t know who the traitor is, idiot! Stop blaming yourself when there’s no one to blame at all except that ing snake Leeteuk!” 

 

 

“Nancy-ah, language.”

 

 

Back to the present, JooE was still having a hard time calming herself down.

 

 

“Ju Won-ah,” Yeonwoo called.

 

 

“What?” JooE snapped. Yeonwoo cocked a brow. JooE sighed and muttered a ‘mianhae’.

 

 

“Hyebin is done with her check-up, do you wanna see her?” Yeonwoo asked gently. 

 

 

Suddenly, JooE’s eyes lit up. “Really?! Of course!”

 

 

Nancy smiled. It was nice seeing her friend finally smiling. “Although, see her with your dextrose, me and Hyebin don’t want to see you with a bleeding arm because of your stupid—OW!”

 

 

“Shut up, Yeonwoo-unnie! I was angry, alright!”

 

 

“Sure you were...”

 

 

“I was! Don’t let me force Aenaen to break up with you because of your deviousness!”

 

 

“You wouldn’t dare!”

 

 

“On hell I won’t!”

 

 

“I can do the same with Hyebin, y’know.”

 

 

“You wouldn’t dare!”

 

 

Yeonwoo cockily smirked. “On hell I won’t!”

 

 

“YA, AENAEN YOUR GIRLFRIEND!”

 

 

They both laughed and Nancy just shook her head. She doesn’t know if she’s indeed the maknae or the oldest in this group of friends. Perhaps, she’ll forever be confused about it since everyone but her act like 2 year old children.

 

 

Nancy followed them outside, albeit something’s bothering her with JooE’s last sentence.

 

 

Girlfriend?

 

 

Yeonwoo’s my girlfriend?

 

 

 

Oh wait.

 

 

Oh right, they didn’t confirm it at all, did they?

 

 

 

***

 

 

“What if she slaps me?”

 

 

“Why the hell will Hyebin even slap you?” Jane asked. The others laughed at JooE’s question. Meanwhile, JooE was just taking her time fidgeting.

 

 

The rest of Momoland arrived a while ago, then immediately towered over JooE’s body with hugs since they can’t deny the fact that they missed the younger so much. 

 

 

They were at the comfort room, right outside where Hyebin was also confined. The drug test conducted to her was over and they could visit her now.

 

 

But JooE is too busy worrying if Hyebin was high enough to slap her square on the face.

 

 

“I don’t know,” JooE said and nibbled on her fingernails. A habit she does when she’s nervous. “Isn’t that what high people do?”

 

 

“I don’t think they slap people just for the fun of it, JooE.” Ahin said earning laughs from everyone again.

 

 

“Besides, Hyebin isn’t even high in the first place!” Taeha poked JooE’s forehead. “She was drugged, you idiot. There's a difference!”

 

 

“I feel like I won’t be able to see her without makeup!” JooE whined. They all laughed knowing that Hyebin will still be all over her with or without makeup. 

 

 

JooE looked at the mirror beside her. “Oh God, I look hideous!”

 

 

“You don’t!” Daisy said and looked at JooE’s reflection on the mirror. “Oh... maybe a little disheveled but you’re alright!”

 

 

“Thanks, Yoda! That helped!” JooE bowed sarcastically to the older that made the others laugh again.

 

 

“With or without makeup, Hyebin is still whipped for the one and only Lee Ju Won,” Nayun said with a grin. “Trust me.”

 

 

At that, JooE smiled wide. “See! The only one that contributed necessary help is Nayun-unnie! The rest of you can go home!”

 

 

All of them laughed. Nayun indeed gives the best advice.

 

 

“You’ll never know,” Yeonwoo started with a smirk on her face. The members knew what was coming. “Maybe Hyebin will change her mind when she sees you—OW!”

 

 

“Ya! Do I look that bad Aenaen?” JooE pouted at the maknae who was simply watching them.

 

 

“Not at all, JooE...” Nancy laughed. “Although, wipe the drool...”

 

 

“ARGH! NONE OF Y’ALL ARE HELPING!”

 

 

Their laughs echoed throughout the entire restroom.

 

 

***

 

 

“Are you sure that I look okay?”

 

 

“You look normal.”

 

 

“YOU DIDN’T EVEN ANSWER MY QUESTION, UNNIE!”

 

 

“How about you just go in and figure it out yourself?”

 

 

“Yeah, instead of fidgeting around!”

 

 

“I hate how y’all can convince me like this,” JooE poked her tongue out to show it to her members. The others laughed at her childish action.

 

 

“We love you too,” Ahin smirked and pushed her unnie to the door of Hyebin’s room. “Go in there!”

 

 

“Don’t be too loud please,” Daisy said mischievously and JooE winked at them. The others grimaced, they knew exactly what the two were talking about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter